Restart during booting in Xp...

Status
Not open for further replies.

uchiha.sasuke

Journeyman
hi frends this is my 1st thread in this forum.....
i m facing a really very strange problem in a pc of my frend....
He has fedora core 5 n windows Xp in his pc....linux is working properly in his pc...but whenever he tries to boot in xp it get restarted.....
so i decided to in install xp agn...but agn there is a problem...after booting with xp's cd...during checking the system hardware configuration procedure...screen goes blank....and nothing happens....
another thing ...but when i switched his hard disk on my pc,its working properly...even m able to boot frm his hard disk in xp...n its working fine....n linux is also working fine....

actually i have installed xp in his hard disk thru my pc.....
n when i switched it on his pc then the prob. is coming .....
my motherboard is intel 915 n his 865.....is that cause a prob....??????
plz help me out for the reason.....other wise my last option is low level formatting....
for any other information plz give me a reply.....

S

SE><IE

well. you should have installed the OS on his PC. OS is not a music album which will work as a simple copy-paste. I fear you'll need to reinstall :)

OP
uchiha.sasuke

uchiha.sasuke

Journeyman
@SE><IE...

but linux is working properly in his pc...n now when i try to install xp using cd....blank screen comes during inspecting hardware config. procedure of installing xp before copying setup files of xp........so basically the point is m not even able to install xp using...cd.......sowat to do except low level formatting method????????

djmykey

Let the music play.....
Dood, what u need to do is, format the drive that has XP installed and change the XP cd ur using it mightve got bad. or else change ur friends cdrom. Then try. 98 and to some extent 2k also used to run in the manner u described above but XP doesnt even boott up if the Hardware config mismatches so simple thing is reinstall.

OP
uchiha.sasuke

uchiha.sasuke

Journeyman
@djmykey..

i have already tried 3 cd's for dat....cd r ok..m sure of dat..
and regarding cd drive its also working smoothly i have checked it in linux...
next i have have formatted dat partition too by makin it slave in my pc.....still the prob is same......

is there might be ne prb. in MBR of hd.....

i hadn't installed the drivers on my frnd's hard disk on my pc.......i had just install the Xp on it....

Last edited:

djmykey

Let the music play.....
uchiha.sasuke said:
is there might be ne prb. in MBR of hd.....

If this is the case how linux is running flawlessly.

uchiha.sasuke said:
i hadn't installed the drivers on my frnd's hard disk on my pc.......i had just install the Xp on it....

You are still not getting it. See when you install only XP also still it wont work. While installing XP, Windows copies HAL.dll and ACPI BIOS.dll or sumthing related to the bios. Now all the mobo's dont have the same bios and HAL is Hardware Abstraction Layer. I mean this dll depends on what proccy is on your mobo. Thats y it doesnt boot at all.

Now the only viable solution I can see is put this hdd onto your comp as slave. Copy the setup files on another partition except the partition where ur gonna setup XP. Put the HDD back to your friends pc, boot it up with a bootable floppy or sumthing and then try starting the setup. If this doesnt work there sure is a problem with RAM or sumthing. Do this and then tell me if it doesnt work.

OP
uchiha.sasuke

uchiha.sasuke

Journeyman
i have finally formatted it in my pc as slave and have install Xp on his pc..........

neway thanx for all the suggestions.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom