Reservation System - Should it exist?

Should the Reservation System exist in India?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
Should the Reservation System exist in India???

In my Opinion,NO ,I Agree to the fact that some communities might not have got certain facilities in the past like SC/ST etc..but past is past..All are humans,Today everyone has equal rights then why the discrimination on reserving seats? Atleast it shouldnt be in education..

A Person with lower marks can easily get admission and get a good job ,but a hard working good citizen wont get easily admission becoz of this stupid reservation system.
At present there is no need to make reservation.Already the communities get books n all for free or discount so they have access to education but why make it tough for hard working students?

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
No it shouldn't. There should only be economic help and facilities to deprived section i.e. economically weaker sections rather than SC/STs..

Sridhar_Rao

In the zone
Reservation has no place in modern society, it creates social division than equality. It is more prone to misuse and its misuse creates more disparity and unrest among other sections. As pointed earlier, only economically weaker individuals (not sections of community) should get reservation.

Reservation in primary and higher education (if at all given) is bearable but reservation in postgraduate courses and promotions in employment is terrible. Worthless people get promoted due to their origins. Rich people get reservations due to their origins, IS THIS FAIR?

Reservation is here to stay, as long as democracy is the form of governance in India, reservation will continue. The policy is not for "social upliftment of weaker sections" but for "political upliftment of political parties". Fullstop!!

planetcall

Indian by heart
Reservation based on religion is irrelevant in our modern society. Equality has to be brought by equal opportunity. There should not be any special treatment for any class based on religion. Lets say NO to reservation and condemn people who politicize this issue.

*fc07.deviantart.com/fs15/f/2007/042/5/7/Kill_Your_Valentine_by_Dumnezeu.gif

tejass

tHe rEacTioN iS hEaTinG
all the pro reservation activist shoud icked on their **** and thrown out of India.
these guys r dividing India on the basis of caste ,religion bl***y hell

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Sh1t, I wanted to vote for yes but clicked on No.

Watever, in my opinion reservation system should stay till school that too 10+2.

What Ambedkar tried to do is to facilitate everyone with same rights. At least for schooling we need this. After this period, entry should be based on merit.

Then again, there are meritorious students who can't afford higher studies only for financial reasons.
What is ur solution for that.

Now-a-days education is a very good business. If u have money, the door is open for u, else....dream on.

gopi_vbboy

Cyborg Agent
F* Caste based Reservation.....India wont come up with this crap...

It shud be based on Poverty , Social Backwardness n Limited...NOT on SH*** Casteism n Religion...

I hate the period during my engg counselling....lossing seats i deserved for my merit...

.Ambedhkar may good contrib like constitution n also this blunder which was taken advantage by f* politicians like arjun singh a$$ho13....hate all of them

i believe one day a revolt will come out to flush out this crap....

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
No, there won't be a revolt.

Cast based reservation was only developed for the poor.
And favoring the poor is human nature.

karnivore

in your face..
It shud be based on Poverty , Social Backwardness n Limited...NOT on SH*** Casteism n Religion...
If Casteism is not "Social Backwardness", then what is it ?

Reservation based on poverty will only help in eradicating poverty. How do you propose to bring these men, who are discriminated only because they were born into certain family, into the mainstream.

karnivore

in your face..
all the pro reservation activist shoud icked on their **** and thrown out of India.
these guys r dividing India on the basis of caste ,religion bl***y hell
And all anti-reservation activists should be first stripped off their social status, then made to work and toil like these backward classes were made to, for at least about 2000 yrs.

Pro-reservation activists are only trying the correct the wrongs perpetrated in the name of fukcing religion.:x

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
Pro-reservation activists are only trying the correct the wrongs perpetrated in the name of fukcing religion.:x

Good thing is that a person who is not necessarily backward by status but only by name is getting better seat in college compared to the one who got a better rank.

This thing is good for getting vote.

sibot

I did it all for d n00ki3
I would like to start off by saying I donot have a Minority status and I am NOT covered under the reservation act but still I voted Yes.

I feel reservation is needed for the less-privileged BUT reservations in the education system should be only upto High School. The standards of good quality education till high school would ensure they are equally educated and knowledgeable as any other student, rest its a fight for the best. Once they have attained that standard of education, they are equipped for the battles to be fought that follow, i.e. entrance exams, job interviews, there is no reason why a person should be given boost in the job market even though he is clearly underqualified in comparison to his/her fellow applicants.

So, the reservation system should ONLY apply till the school level, that too under strict guidelines of performance. When they are receiving quality education, there is no reason they should perform under-average.

karnivore

in your face..
Good thing is that a person who is not necessarily backward by status but only by name is getting better seat in college compared to the one who got a better rank.

This thing is good for getting vote.
Yes, i understand that abuse of the system exists. But it is still a small price to pay. Just because, loopholes in tax systems are abused to evade tax, it doesn't mean that the entire taxation law should be abolished.

We can only work to plug the loopholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom