Reputation system...needed or not?

Do we need this?

• Total voters

Gollum

Collector
We can have a rule to avoid any misuse. Also while repping someone there is an option to mention why you repped someone. Mods can have some amount of rep or blocked rep etc to make them stand out and members would not be able to rep them. Also mods can see who reps whom and they can see if someone negative repped another and if any abuse is done then mods can have power to handover infractions or warnings. 3 or 5 infractions gives you a temp ban etc.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
AFAIK, it is not needed. It will make the less repped user's answer look wrong or lame, if an awesomely repped user posted something different.

And, it will encourage discrimination. Not to mention, all the mess it will lead to.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

Agree with Vamsi. I once posted the same question and all i got is a big NO. I remember a situation in TE where i gave an answer to some post and that guy simply ignore mine, but when the same answer was given by some exploded member he praise him and add a rep. I was like WTF!!!

I don't want any appreciation from that member, but i don't want someone to neglect a correct answer because it is from low rep member. The forum is good in the way it is now and before. Rep's will surely bring more debates...

Just my 2 cents.

Gollum

Collector
@vk
what mess are u talking about? Most newbs on a forum dont know anything about rep or who is a moderator etc.

J

Joker

@vk
what mess are u talking about? Most newbs on a forum dont know anything about rep or who is a moderator etc.
im also a newb just liek u..most of the guys above have been in forum for long..dey knw whether we need rep syst or not..so shut it for a while..

frm what i heard..TDF had rep system long ago n it turned into chaos..

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
@vk

You should have seen digit when there was a reputation system. I was not even on a proper username back than. And i use to get creeps.

And, if newbs can't access rep system.. then, who are we giving rep system to? Bombarded users or to human spam bots?

J

Joker

^^

Agree with Vamsi. I once posted the same question and all i got is a big NO. I remember a situation in TE where i gave an answer to some post and that guy simply ignore mine, but when the same answer was given by some exploded member he praise him and add a rep. I was like WTF!!!
same experience with me...but i do feel that we at TDF are more friendly thn others n this wont be a problem here...however it could develop so i voted for no

sujoyp

Grand Master
I am also against it...No need of reputation system...if u read 2-3 thread here u can easily get to know who is knowledgeable and who is not...And we r just like a group of friends discussing issues not like senior junior types:-D

Gollum

Collector
im also a newb just liek u..most of the guys above have been in forum for long..dey knw whether we need rep syst or not..so shut it for a while..
so shut it? Its not like i'm offending someone.
If you don't like my post then you can use the ignore list.
but hey, i gave my 2cents on the topic. Its the mods decsion in the end.

Rahim

Married!
Having a high post count have some-what same impact as reputation, i guess.

The Reputation/Thanks request is just to snazz this forum and add interesting little options which will extend the functionality of the forum. Most of you are terming it like a monster who will destroy the lovely and friendly nature of TDF, which is totally bonkers.

As about junior-senior, don't you think users get high and arrogant when they have post count in excess of 3000? I have seen it quite often.

This feature can be added and mods can withdraw them if it doesn;t serve the purpose. WHy be so paranoid?

Anyway it seems we have more nays than ayes.

Last edited:
OP
skeletor

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Not exactly. From the early months of this year, our hardware section has mainly had posts from new members. Everyone's advice is considered and debated.

D

Deleted member 26636

there should be a thank you feature insted...so we can get the thanked & gave thanks to options. i also do not think that a rep system is needed.

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
Thank you feature is not a bad thing. If the post is an article or something,that gives info. But, for troubleshooting, I guess only 1 will say thank you. Or may be 2.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!

nope.

post count = quantity
reputation = quality.

After seeing an using rep system on TE a lot, I do agree on bringing back rep system on TDF.

Top Bottom