Reputation System [Feedback]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
well, the votes have decided. This will stay enabled until we find something better. Reputation System might get disabled again if people won't remain civil.

Reputation will not be visible along with your posts. It will be visible on your profile. We need to strike the right balance. Reputations will be anonymous to avoid "I repped u...plz rep me back" kind of situation. This is my decision, no more argument on this.

Like I said in my earlier thread:
ico said:
You'll have to be civil. Don't ask anyone for rep. Don't mention that you repped anyone. It should be a private praise, nothing else.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
Good to know, many people here are in favor to give this system a try.

As excited as I was to try this system, I now came to realize that I know little about it :p

So what exactly would happen when I click that "Add to <member name> reputation" icon?
A little guide would be useful.

Piyush

Lanaya
ok i can see there is a balance scale icon under pic of a person
but how does it work?
can you give a small tutorial coz i dont want to make a mistake such as giving negative rep to someone instead of positive rep

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
As of now, I can NOT see the balance icon.
I agree that there should not be a negative rep, and also the fact that user's rep should be private.

Vyom

The Power of x480
Staff member
Admin
I think rep system would work on those sections, where post count increases with your posts. Correct me if I am wrong.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ Ejjaktly and CD section is not for serious discussions, so no need to rep anyone.

@ico

Man, finally someone created a fake account and voted for yes. :D

gagan007

Uhu, Not Gonna Happen!
^^ hahaha. yes even I was amazed at the close voting between yes/no ;)
I can assure you, its not me :p

Garbage

God of Mistakes...
I can see "<username> has disabled reputation" on some of the users profile (including mine). What that supposed to mean?

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can see "<username> has disabled reputation" on some of the users profile (including mine). What that supposed to mean?
may be they have disabled it. or may be it was disabled long time back for everyone using a SQL query when the admins got rid of this system.

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/profile.php?do=editoptions <-- you can toggle it from here.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
What's the point of implementing it then?
why are you asking me? Personally, I don't even feel the need of it :)

People said that they needed an appreciating and motivating factor. Which they have got in terms of comments. I think this purpose is now fulfilled.

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
why are you asking me? Personally, I don't even feel the need of it :)

People said that they needed an appreciating and motivating factor. Which they have got in terms of comments. I think this purpose is now fulfilled.
I don't think you are getting what I am trying to say. You had disabled showing the "Reputation points near the posts". What's the point of implementing it when you have to visit the person's profile to see his/her reputation? It doesn't make any difference between what the forum was yesterday and what it is now today. No one has that much time to "see" reputation by visiting profiles.
Make reputation points visible near the posts.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Like I've said, that won't happen. :) This is the best approach which I think is appropriate and draws out a fair balance between those who want and those who don't. No more argument on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom