Reputation System [Feedback]

Status
Not open for further replies.

pauldmps

Banned
^^ I think those who want it have already won this poll. Then what is the use of thinking about those who don't want it ? But arguing with you won't work since you're the admin, isn't it ?

vamsi_krishna

Human Spambot
^ Don't get cocky now. You can even argue with Prime Minister, let alone a mere admin.

And remember... 'Yes' just won by 3 votes. A 2% margin i guess. So, 48% of the people in the forum are still hating it. We can't let their opinion be ignored. We should make it up to them, as well. So, I think.. this present system is the sweet spot.

pauldmps

Banned
You can even argue with Prime Minister/QUOTE]

Absolutely wrong.

let alone a mere admin

So shall I continue arguing ?

And remember... 'Yes' just won by 3 votes. A 2% margin i guess. So, 48% of the people in the forum are still hating it. We can't let their opinion be ignored. We should make it up to them, as well. So, I think.. this present system is the sweet spot.

Winning is winning whether it is by only one vote. Try passing the board exams with one mark less than the pass mark.

OP
ico

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I think those who want it have already won this poll. Then what is the use of thinking about those who don't want it ? But arguing with you won't work since you're the admin, isn't it ?
You honestly have a habit of causing much ado about nothing. :)

I've given something which 80%+ people will agree upon. Go and start a "poll" for yourself to see that. "is the current implementation fine? yes or no?"

Personally this thing is gimmicky for me as I am someone who only posts to help out people and isn't bothered about anything else. Same is the opinion of most moderators. Still we came forwarded conducted a poll and offered what we think is a balanced approach.

Lastly this thread is about "Feedback" - is this thing working fine? How to? etc. type of things. Not for arguing which we already did in the previous thread. :)

Piyush

Lanaya

okay
but what if that NO categories guys are equally important as YES guys are
we cant just take one side and get happy
something has to be done to fulfill the needs of both sides
thats what called a good management

im reporting ur post here for trying to cause baseless arguments..no we dont need this

^^ As I said that arguing it with you won't work, so let's end the discussion here.

Is this the kind of response you give to the forum stuff. I literally cannot see any post against you before you even posted in this thread. So, why are you angry?
The forum stuff is here for the benefit of the "forum members". And for doing so they must ensure that everyone is happy with the system, so they must balance the system in favor of both parties. So what ICO did was to ensure the same.

gameranand

Living to Play
pauldmps said:
I think those who want it have already won this poll. Then what is the use of thinking about those who don't want it ?
What the hell?? You mean 51% will rule 49%. Is that what you are saying. I mean comeon man you can't just get whatever you want just because you guys won the poll and even if you won you won by 3 votes as Vamsi already said. Mods and admins can't just ignore 49% people in favor of 51%. Well you won the poll so the system is implemented whats wrong with that. I mean if you wanna see someone's rep you are just one click away. I can't understand what is wrong with you. Do you wanna see the rep of each and every person on the forum??? If someone is interested in you he'll see your profile for your reputation.

@ico
Sorry man but I can't help myself but to post back on this because of that particular post.

Krow

Crowman
@ gameranand The member concerned was handed a ban for a good reason. I respect your emotions, but let's move on and stick to topic from now on please.

My feedback:
The reputation system is good for now. Reps are totally anonymous AFAIK. One can't know who repped them. Asking for reps is not advised. Private praise it is. So far so good and I don't see any issues of ego arising with this system.

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^ TBF i don't find any difference with the current implementation, but my question is, if it's not visible publicly, then what's the use of any system. Just hiding under your profile, which is not even visited by you for ages? And if this is what the 51% voted yes wants, then i must say "God knows what you want".... :D

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
I'm having a slight problem-

No one's repping me :p
Damn.

Whats happening?

Have I lost my game?

edit-

it would be nice if we have a separate box in our profile stating our exact rep points

Last edited:

The Conqueror

Elevating Humanity
I think it's good. Gives you a taste of both worlds -> Those who want rep system can visit their profiles and those who don't need not to worry!

Krow

Crowman
it would be nice if we have a separate box in our profile stating our exact rep points

You can see that in any post where you are repped AFAIK? In your user cp, below the subscribed threads you can see all posts you were repped for. So no issues. Exact rep points don't matter so much IMHO.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
^^But it shud be visible for only the user who has got this otherwise it wont be known to the user who has got some appreciation from whom???

anyways

Liverpool_fan

Sami Hyypiä, LFC legend
^^But it shud be visible for only the user who has got this otherwise it wont be known to the user who has got some appreciation from whom???

anyways

Does it matter who gave the appreciation? Secondly it has been done to avoid "You repped me, I'll rep you back" idioticity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom