recommend some games to check the potential of 6600gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sunnydiv

i am buying 6600gt tomorrow. (monday) and want to buy some games to check its real potential

please post some games

please post fast

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Doom 3 Definetly on the Top list....Try and Put all Effects On With AA And Af On For this game to show its charm :wink:
Half Life 2
Call of Duty:United offensive
Far Cry
Need for Speed UG 2

These are some of the games that i could pull up for now.....watch out for others opinions as well 8)

OP
S

sunnydiv

bought

doom3 silent hill 4
ug2
battel for middle earth
pop sand
pop ww

ofcourse orignals

OP
G

gxsaurav

Well, membars have already posted many & all of them which can tax your gfx card, but one more thing, U better buy a gamepad, or U won't be able to play PoP & Silent hill, or games like that, properly

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
oh and for BFME hope you hae enough RAM. I have 512 and it takes ages to load up. Secondly beware of game.dat crashes. It happens quite often. EA are working on a patch so till then save save save!

[flAsh]

In the zone
FARCRY i bet it will make your 6600GT cry when u install all the patches.
HALO is another game which can hit the card and check its endurance. ATi X800XT PE just gave 88 FPS in it while in quake 3 it gave above 420FPS.
well known Doom3.
Half Life2 is not stressing the GFX card but it does stresses ur CPU

Sourabh

Laptoping
it wont even stress the CPU after the entry of PHYSICS card and valve makes a patch for them in the game engine 8)

pizzapuff

Broken In
I never completely got the physics card concept, isnt the CPU supposed to do the job?

ooops old thread, srry

Last edited:

Hrithan2020

In the zone
Doom 3
Far Cry
FEAR
Elder Scrolls Oblivion IV
Call of Duty 4
Bioshock

PS:Why Half Life 2,AFAIK its not very demanding?

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
yeah try ray tracing, not a game but fun to crawl ur pc to death

btw the guy must have upgraded to recent gfx cards after a gap of more than 2 years, see the date

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom