Recommend me a mobile

Which one will you go for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

red dragon

Master troll
Well guys, had gone to market today to get a close view of those sets. But the bad luck is that not a single shop had a live model in display only demo ones. So, only thing I got is body feel. Nothing else.

Experia X10 min: 31K and Max 33K
HD2: Min 37K and Max 38K
Hero: Min 24K max 28K

Only one shop had Milestone that too in packed form not even demo. It was quoted as 29K.
Till now Milestone wins. Plus point for it is price and a physical qwerty keypad. Though HD2 screen is way bigger than anyone. Hero just looks a kid in front of these models.

No news on Desire launching though Mango store in Thane station told that HTC Legend is going to launch on next Monday.

Here, I'm thinking about Experia and Milestone (milestone wins till now)...

How's "Legend" ? Anyone?
Milestone is the better option.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
@rhitwik- Are you in kolkata? If yes, then maybe we can plan a meet sometime and I can show you my X10. You can choose better then. If you check sites such as mobile-review or esato for reviews. I am sure you will have a better idea over whats conspiring.

Bad luck yaar, I'm in Thane...:sad:

The model is good but the old OS is what distracting me. Though its its still in consideration for me.

But, u see, milestone gives if not more but same in less price.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Bad luck yaar, I'm in Thane...:sad:

The model is good but the old OS is what distracting me. Though its its still in consideration for me.

But, u see, milestone gives if not more but same in less price.

Err how exactly? The X10 is leaps and bounds ahead of the Milestone in terms of hardware. And before considering MOTO take into consideration the After sales service.Last heard Moto had closed its sales office in India and shifted bases to singapore.

F

FilledVoid

Last heard Moto had closed its sales office in India and shifted bases to singapore.
Woah???Are you saying they shut down 30 pages of service centers and relocated all operations in Singapore? Can I please get a reference or link on this please? Rhitwick just to be on the safe side.
VARAD ELECTRONICS
Shop No:5, Gautam Darshan bldg., Opp. Income Tax Office, Edalji Road,
Near Makhmali Talav, THANE (W) – 400601.
Tel: 9320488835 / 022-25441248
E-mail: varad.thane@gmail.com
Give them a call and ask them yourself. Oh and try this also

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
*www.itexaminer.com/motorola-plans-to-close-india-sales-unit.aspx

Dunno about their latter advancements. But they had indeed closed down their distribution unit.

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Woah???Are you saying they shut down 30 pages of service centers and relocated all operations in Singapore? Can I please get a reference or link on this please? Rhitwick just to be on the safe side.

Give them a call and ask them yourself. Oh and try this also
I'll...
Thanx for that contact info

*www.itexaminer.com/motorola-plans-to-close-india-sales-unit.aspx

Dunno about their latter advancements. But they had indeed closed down their distribution unit.
The news is true and I know about it.
Even yesterday among all 5 shops I visited only one show me a moto model. They told that very few dealers are there in Mumbai.

And, about the model X10 vs. Milestone...

Well, I like Milestone since the days of Droid. Had an intention of making it my next...
But, I'm considering X10 too...

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
You'll regret if you buy the X10.. I'd suggest you wait for the Desire if you're not buying the Milestone now..

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Guys I was checking comparing Milestone and X10 for a few dayas in many sites. (I've not yet referred any reviews )

Only benefit for Milestone I found is updated Android and QWERTY keypad.
In other aspects X10 is seems to be doing better.

Specially in multimedia aspects X10 has much in stock than Milestone, both of them lacks Office support. Only viewer.

Apart from OS, any other aspect that Motorola can prove better in future?

What if I continue using Android 1.6 rather 2.1? Let me check on Android version update log (really this is a silly question, then again...hmmm)

sujoyp

Grand Master
u will surely get android 2.1 in X10 sometime soon...but u can not upgrade the CPU,RAM, Cam module or music which r better in X10:)

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Gone through Android change log in Wiki, it seems there are a lot of updates in 2.1 than in 1.6

@sujoyp, if I upgrade my OS, will it void my warranty?

---------- Post added 21-04-2010 at 12:04 AM ---------- Previous post was 20-04-2010 at 11:57 PM ----------

The issue page for Android in Wiki is not very encouraging to buy an Android based mobile.... :cool:

sujoyp

Grand Master
Gone through Android change log in Wiki, it seems there are a lot of updates in 2.1 than in 1.6

@sujoyp, if I upgrade my OS, will it void my warranty?

I dont think u can upgrade ur android OS just like windows Mobile...its like symbian firmwares....they come mobile specific

If SE provides OS update u wont loose anything at all:)

chintan786

In the zone
@rhitwick.... please check asus garmin M10 also.... as far as function of touchscreen qwerty kypad is concrened... apple iphone and HTC Sense UI are way ahead compare to Windoes phones... i drawn this from many reviews videos I watched till the date....

my suggestion is go for HTC legend...@ 26k.. instead of waiting for HTC desire @33k.

F

FilledVoid

Just for the record, that's not true.

Kalpik , do you seriously expect a true answer? Bwuhahah move on X10 is the best phone ever.

He can't answer anything previously asked. Not to mention that he posted a ranklist with Hong easy basic as the fifth best phone in Japan. If you actually value ANYTHING he says then you are more gullible then anyone I know.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Ohkay. Then prove me wrong. Let me know what the X10 lacks other than live wallpapers?

Yes, there is multitouch but the X10 is crippled by its hardware. And what? 16m colors? I thought you guys would come out with something more basic which I guess is too much to expect.

yogi7272

Cyborg Agent
SE x10 lacks very basic thing as secondary video call camera , hell it does not even have video calling of any sort. Still stuck at android ver 1.6 when other devices already boast of ver 2.1 .. By the time x10 gets it other devices would have moved onto next level. Multitouch , just 65k colour due to android 1.6 ..

Though it has few advantages over rivals in audio and imaging department.

I would wait for Samsung galaxy s ..it has awesome display ..Plus native support for a lot of audio and video codecs, 720p hd video ..

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Ohkay. Then prove me wrong. Let me know what the X10 lacks other than live wallpapers?

Yes, there is multitouch but the X10 is crippled by its hardware. And what? 16m colors? I thought you guys would come out with something more basic which I guess is too much to expect.
If i give you another "basic" missing feature because of X10 having 1.6 rather than 2.1, will you stop crapping all threads with X10? Will you give me your consent to delete your future posts which no way contribute to the thread and that are just flame baits?

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Oh, guys please don't fight...

1.6 (Donut)
Based on Linux Kernel 2.6.29[35] On 15 September 2009, the 1.6 (Donut) SDK was released.[36][37] Included in the update are:

* An improved Android Market experience.
* An integrated camera, camcorder, and gallery interface.
* Gallery now enables users to select multiple photos for deletion.
* Updated Voice Search, with faster response and deeper integration with native applications, including the ability to dial contacts.
* Updated search experience to allow searching bookmarks, history, contacts, and the web from the home screen.
* Updated Technology support for CDMA/EVDO, 802.1x, VPN, Gestures, and a Text-to-speech engine.
* Support for WVGA resolutions.
* Speed improvements for searching & the camera.[35]

2.0/2.1 (Eclair)
Based on Linux Kernel 2.6.29[38] On 26 October 2009 the 2.0 (Eclair) SDK was released.[39] Among the changes are:[40]

* Optimized hardware speed
* Support for more screen sizes and resolutions
* Revamped UI
* New browser UI and HTML5 support
* New contact lists
* Better white/black ratio for backgrounds
* Improved Google Maps 3.1.2
* Microsoft Exchange support
* Built in flash support for Camera
* Digital Zoom
* MotionEvent class enhanced to track multi-touch events[41]
* Improved virtual keyboard
* Bluetooth 2.1
* Live Wallpapers

On 3 December 2009 the 2.0.1 SDK was released.[42]

On 12 January 2010 the 2.1 SDK was released.[43]

Source: WIKI

From this Android change log, it can easily be seen what X10 lacks. Only shiny part for X10 is its H/W. If it can update its OS to 2.1, IMO it would be better than Milestone.

I think I'll wait a few more days. Lets see if Sony launches X10 with updated OS :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom