Which one will you go for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Went for another viewing of mobile sets. This time visited Croma, Shreeji and a few more shops forgot name. All in Mulund.

Croma has no high end mobiles. Neither Milestone, nor X10. Dared not to ask for HD2.
Shreeji is the first shop who showed me a demo piece of Milestone. Well, it can be called a plastic piece too. Sliding is smooth, ends with a click sound. Keypad buttons are small, was not able to type anything so can't comment if it would create a problem while typing.
They quoted its price as 29K with two year warranty. Even told me it has a door-to-door service, no need to take it to any service center!!! :shock::shock::shock:

I asked for X10, they quoted its price as 30K. Now comes the shock part. The guy claimed like hell that X10 is now coming with Android 2.1. I was like WTF???!!! I told him it can't be, the upgrade is going to be end of June (as heard here) but he was damn sure it is having Android 2.1. He even told, he just sold one yesterday. I asked for specs then, he told, he doesn't have one but very much sure its 2.1....now all experts here, please tall me what is the truth? Is it real?

I then went to another shop. They quoted Milestone as 27K with taxes. 1Yr warranty (Shreeji told 29K with two year warranty). This shop did not have X10. When asked why, they told, its very problematic. Issues are being reported in everything, hanging, battery etc.

Other two shops quoted Milestone as 29K avg.

If X10 is really available with 2.1, I'm gonna go for it, else, till now Milestone is the piece I'm looking at.

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Nah.Its with 1.6 est assured. The shopkeeper was trying to sell you the X10 really hard. :D
but I really think you should try the X10 once before going for the Milestone. Check it out in a Sony Store. :)

chintan786

In the zone
don't take these shopwala people's word even with pinch of salt...they all one and same.....I suggest u go to the mobile store website......and check the prices... in Ahmedabad HTC Hero is still sold at 25699....if he is saying it is 2.1... tell him to show demo and check on urself...

F

FilledVoid

I asked for X10, they quoted its price as 30K. Now comes the shock part. The guy claimed like hell that X10 is now coming with Android 2.1. I was like WTF???!!! I told him it can't be, the upgrade is going to be end of June (as heard here) but he was damn sure it is having Android 2.1. He even told, he just sold one yesterday. I asked for specs then, he told, he doesn't have one but very much sure its 2.1....now all experts here, please tall me what is the truth? Is it real?
I seriously doubt it. I'm not even sure if there is a custom ROM or even rooted for that matter so I think he was just assuming it was 2.1. Oh by the way the rumor on the street is that the X10 is near to be rooted so you should see a plethora of ROMS soon. Considering some of the godly work of some xda devs I seriously doubt anyone is going to need that 2.1 update in September. :D .
This shop did not have X10. When asked why, they told, its very problematic. Issues are being reported in everything, hanging, battery etc.
Ive had access to a X10 for quite a while and I have yet to crash on it. Well I have yet to crash or hang on any Android Phone I have tried. As long as you stay away from custom ROMS and shady applications then you should find yourself ok.
If X10 is really available with 2.1, I'm gonna go for it, else, till now Milestone is the piece I'm looking at.
Sounds like you zeroed in on two phones.
I have flashed Hero ROM several times on my HTC Magic and used it on weekends. Pity my phone is slightly underpowered for Hero Rom !
Are you on the 288 MB build?
in Ahmedabad HTC Hero is still sold at 25699....if he is saying it is 2.1... tell him to show demo and check on urself...
Think thats bad? Look at what my awesome phone is being sold for at Kerala :D

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
Well mailed HTC about Desire and this is what they replied back....

Dear Mr. Rhitwick, Thank you for contacting our Customer Support Center. We are dedicated to providing you with the best quality service and answering all of your questions and concerns. To clarify your issue, you stated that: You want to know HTC Desire launch date. Regarding HTC Desire launch date we would like to intimate you HTC will launch the HTC Desire phone in the last week of May. You will find that handset on the website if it will launch. Please visit to the HTC website www.htc.com/in. Regarding the price information you need to visit to the nearest retailer shop after the launch of this phone. Note:- You will be able to get serve your phone only in the country from where you bought the phone. India does not cover Global warranty. If the above steps do not resolve your issue, we invite you to visit the support area on our Web site. Please go to: *www.htc.com/www/support.aspx You can also call our Call Center at: 1800 11 33 77 if you have further questions. Thank you once again for your continued patronage. Best regards, Junaid Khan HTC

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
^^ Yeah.. Its the same reply they give to everyone.. Last week of May.. Waiting :)

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
BAD NEWS GUYS!!!

Just came to know HTC Desire going to be launched in India in last week of July.

Read here,

Dear Mr. X, Thank you for contacting our Customer Support Center. We are dedicated to providing you with the best quality service and answering all of your questions and concerns. To clarify your issue, you stated that: You want to know HTC Desire launch date. Regarding HTC Desire launch date we would like to intimate you HTC may launch the HTC Desire phone in the last week of July. You will find that handset on the website if it will launch. Please visit to the HTC website HTC. Regarding the price information you need to visit to the nearest retailer shop after the launch of this phone. Note:- You will be able to get serve your phone only in the country from where you bought the phone. India does not cover Global warranty. If the above steps do not resolve your issue, we invite you to visit the support area on our Web site. Please go to: HTC - Support You can also call our Call Center at: 1800 11 33 77 if you have further questions. Thank you once again for your continued patronage. Best regards, HTC
SOURCE

I was waiting for this eagerly. I need a new phone and can't wait any longer.....

Now u guys tell me, HTC Legend or Moto Milestone...which one?

Desire is not made for me :-(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom