Recommend me a mobile

Which one will you go for?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sujoyp

Grand Master
@KALPIK .....Comon guys dont play spoil sports....u guys have nothing much against X10 except Android 1.6 and u react as if its the worst phone ever.

What if I search different sites and post only negative things abt milestone, HD2 or N900...:-x

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
* Optimized hardware speed
* Support for more screen sizes and resolutions-Well. X10 already the highest resolution possible.
* Revamped UI-X10 runs a skinned UI.
* New browser UI and HTML5 support-X10 uses dolphin as default.
* New contact lists-Err..Dunno what they mean by that..but the X10 is pretty competent here.
* Better white/black ratio for backgrounds-16m colors i presume
* Improved Google Maps 3.1.2-Comes with wisepilot.A much better alternative.
* Microsoft Exchange support-My x10 has that.
* Built in flash support for Camera-Has to.
* Digital Zoom-Has to.
* MotionEvent class enhanced to track multi-touch events[41]-Well..as i entioned.
* Improved virtual keyboard-X10 has its own virtual keypad by SE.
* Bluetooth 2.1-Has to.
* Live Wallpapers

Now lemme see. :D

F

FilledVoid

@KALPIK .....Comon guys dont play spoil sports....u guys have nothing much against X10 except Android 1.6 and u react as if its the worst phone ever.

What if I search different sites and post only negative things abt milestone, HD2 or N900...
I think the plural form refers to me so Ill answer on my behalf. At no point have I said that X10 is a bad purchase. I've only posted my opinion which I think I'm entitled to. I'm not into the Scapes . I'm too old for that design, I mean yeah its cool and all but that's probably when I was in college or even younger. Yeah I'm an old fart so sue me. I'm not a photography enthusiast either and if I want to take pictures I carry my camera along with me. Then there's the screen, yeah sure 4 inches is sweet indeed but Id prefer quality of quantity.

That said anyone into multimedia I'm again asking you to research your decision to purchase ANY Android phone very well. Regardless of what anyone says there's not a single Android Phone which excels at that field..... yet.

Oh by the way you might think that having 1.6 might not be that bad but it will definitely cause some pain if you can't actually find newer applications which are compatible with your phone.

Rhtwick as long as you test out those phones and make sure you get used to the UI and features of each of them you will be making an educated purchase regardless of whether it is X10 , Milestone , Hero , HD2 or whatever.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Oh by the way you might think that having 1.6 might not be that bad but it will definitely cause some pain if you can't actually find newer applications which are compatible with your phone.
That's what i was gonna post.. It *does* count as basic!

sujoyp

Grand Master
That's what i was gonna post.. It *does* count as basic!

but it will be updated sooner or later...the basic is hardware isnt it...it cant be upgraded....isnt my point equally valid

What if android 3.2 doesnt run on a 600mhz procc and need a 1ghz one...then what???
U will say in 2 years time u can change to a newer one:)

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
but it will be updated sooner or later...the basic is hardware isnt it...it cant be upgraded....isnt my point equally valid

What if android 3.2 doesnt run on a 600mhz procc and need a 1ghz one...then what???

U have a point, but in ur previous post u told, Android phones are not that easy with upgrading. This sure is a concern.

@dreamcatcher, if a particular feature is not supported by OS, how it will handle the request? R u talking that, there are external apps/plugins for 1.6 which enables/acts as 2.1 update?

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
Well. Android is open source and easily customizable given its Linux core. Most of the important functions from 2.1 has been ported into the X10 via SE engineers. The thing missing is multitouch, which sadly wont be implemented anytime soon. But most other features that make 2.1 a viable option is already in the X10. If you have any query you can ask me.

sujoyp

Grand Master
U have a point, but in ur previous post u told, Android phones are not that easy with upgrading. This sure is a concern.
U took me wrong
What I meant was that u can not put hacked firmware and get an updated OS...
when SE will release their update ,it will be all fine.

kalpik

Yes, but when SE will update to 2.1, others will be again 2-3 releases ahead! That's the point! You will always be outdated!

And yes, you have a VERY valid point about the hardware, but IMO 600MHz is gonna be decent enough for at least 3-5 more releases (again, my estimation, which anyone can easily question :) ).. Although, what good is awesome hardware if it always runs 2 releases behind :( If I have a core i7 system, why would i want to run Windows 98/XP on it?

chintan786

In the zone
after reading about upgrading stuff... may I know which platforms are their which can be easily upgradable... Win 6.5 to Win7... I think no... Android 1.6 to 2.1 eclair.... NO....samsung about to launch its bada platform(whole new).... I think only s60.. can be upgrade to higher version... but are they going to launch some higher version.. that is more imp. point.....

kalpik

S60 *cannot* be upgraded.. Android is the only platform on which upgrades are easy..

sujoyp

Grand Master
^^^ what u said abt using winxp on core i7 is acceptable...but at least I can upgrade to win 7
having a low specs means u wont be able to upgrade much further

And to take it further why will I purchase an outdated hardware at the first place when I am paying a similar amount

with 1ghz procc I can watch/record 720p video, work smoother, play more cpu intensive games.

After using a 434mhz procc in 5800 I can definately say that we need more'n'more procc power to do multitasking....its soo restricted..
I just cant enable the graphics in 5800
I cant play music and use opera mini...it gets jerky

kalpik

^^^ what u said abt using winxp on core i7 is acceptable...but at least I can upgrade to win 7
having a low specs means u wont be able to upgrade much further
You can only upgrade if SE *let* you upgrade.. Its not as easy as finding a torrent for the latest OS, and installing it :)

And to take it further why will I purchase an outdated hardware at the first place when I am paying a similar amount

with 1ghz procc I can watch/record 720p video, work smoother, play more cpu intensive games.
True that! But if the experience you are getting out of the slower (ill not call it outdated yet) hardware is better *right now* what's the harm in buying it? Its the same reason people buy a lower specced MAC when they have a choice of buying a much higher end PC at the same price!

OP
rhitwick

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
You can only upgrade if SE *let* you upgrade
on ur this comment,
True that! But if the experience you are getting out of the slower (ill not call it outdated yet) hardware is better *right now* what's the harm in buying it?

This is true acceptable else its total ignorance. We always buy high end h/w for PC keeping future upgrades in mind, why not same for mobiles.
Again this is also valid if upgrades are that easy in mobiles.

H/W vs. S/W...

Lower H/W running higher S/W
Higher H/W running old S/W

Which one will u go for

amitabhishek

Bad to the bone
@FiledVoid, I also Like Milestone and the thing is that, HTC Hero is my love at first sight. HD2 and X10 are in the list due to popular choice and when I compared them in univercell.

When is desire coming out? With me if I wait, I don't know when I'm gonna buy it :rolleyes:

My $0.02.

10 reasons why Hero is still good:

a) Flash support: You can watch video on any site not just Youtube
b) Brilliantly implemented multi-touch
c) Standard 3.5mm head jack
d) Standard ROM comes with clients like Facebook,Twitter and Flickr so you don't have to download these clients from the market and waste precious memory
e) Unbeatable price of Rs. 19,990 (in Croma)
f) Beautiful Sense UI
g) 5MP camera
h) Amazing implementation of Microsoft excahnge client (I am not sure if its a relevant feature for you)
i) HTC's factory fitted ROM is extremely quick
j) Comes bundled with a standard office client and a pdf reader

What else you want man!

I have flashed Hero ROM several times on my HTC Magic and used it on weekends. Pity my phone is slightly underpowered for Hero Rom :(!

Cutting short story short: Buy Hero

dreamcatcher

Rockin g33k
The Hero ends with Android 2.1. Wont be upgraded in the near future, given the successor to the Hero is already in the market. If you have to buy a Hero, get the legend instead. More future proof. As for the X10 and likewise, can be upgraded to any version of Android.The experience can only get better.
Anyways, Adobe has released flash 10.1 beta for all Android phones. About the other factors amitabhishek mentioned, its for you to decide if they hold a upper hand aginst its more powerful opponents. :)

kalpik

Yes, please do not buy Hero.. Its obsolete now! Also i've heard Legend is selling for like 23k!

skeletor

Chosen of the Omnissiah
SE x10 lacks very basic thing as secondary video call camera , hell it does not even have video calling of any sort.
Do you actually have any idea about what you are talking? Last time I checked, there WAS NOT any Android mobile out there which had a secondary camera. :lol:

X10 will receive an Android 2.x update in Q3 2010.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom