Recommend me a 24" LCD

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
Please suggest me a 23-24" monitor which i will attach with my laptop
Purpose:
1. Working on Web development
2. Surfing
3. Watching a lot of movies
4. Playing games (i will buy a GPU after 2 months) My laptop has a 256MB Gforce 7800

I am interested in Dell but am fine if u recommend something else. I was eyeing there 4 models.
1.Dell UltraSharp U2311H 23 inch LCD Monitor
2.Dell ST2410 61cm 24inch Full HD Widescreen Monitor
3.Dell G2410 widescreen Flat Panel monitor
4.Dell SP2309W 23-inch Widescreen Flat Panel Monitor with Integrated 2.0 Megapixel Webcam

I want it to be within 15k.

Power_user_EX

Searching for Anti-Matter
Y don't u take a look at BenQ's offerings... take a look here : BenQ Global | Products - LCD Monitors - Application - Premium

paroh

Padawan
Me looking for the monitor also samsung LED px2370 price around Rs15000. From where i can get this monitor in Delhi. Dealer address and phone Please

Power_user_EX

y going for dell ? Average specs and high prices...
Samsung ,AOC and BenQ have a lot 5ms , 24" inch LED monitors around 15K!

I m planning for BenQ V2420H : BenQ Global | Products - LCD MonitorsApplication - Premium - V2420H

However BenQ G2420HD(5ms,24") is also a good choice around 10.5K

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
y going for dell ? Average specs and high prices...
Samsung ,AOC and BenQ have a lot 5ms , 24" inch LED monitors around 15K!
They're still TN panels. Even with LED backlight they are still almost the same (Because of the quality the TN panel has, the colour and the image quality degrades further).

Keep in mind that there are still 3 types of panels-TN-MVA-IPS (IPS have different categories)
All screens come with 2 types of backlits- CCFL and LED. I've seen H-IPS panel with LED blacklit and that's what makes it stand out.
U2311H gets a vote from me as well :)

Last edited:

ssb1551

Technomancer
They're still TN panels. Even with LED backlight they are still almost the same (Because of the quality the TN panel has, the colour and the image quality degrades further).

Keep in mind that there are still 3 types of panels-TN-MVA-IPS (IPS have different categories)
All screens come with 2 types of backlits- CCFL and LED. I've seen H-IPS panel with LED blacklit and that's what makes it stand out.

Dude wuja mind explaining those terms so that ppl like me who dunnno much abt all this technical stuff can learn as well?

Power_user_EX

Yeah, I Agree but IPS based monitors are costly and some users have complained about ghosting and blurring coz response times are high.
Also new generation IPS are having better response times but for playing games on a budget i'd suggest to go with LED backlit LCDs coz dey are best VFM!

Else you can get a 3D LCD monitor @ 120Hz like that frm samsung...

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Yeah, I Agree but IPS based monitors are costly and some users have complained about ghosting and blurring coz response times are high.
If you agree how did the "but" part come in :p?? hmm???

Both issues are not there at all in bit older and currently available IPS panels. E-IPS has a little bit of ghosting but there is a significant drop compared to currently available TN panels. E-IPS panels are affordable as OP's budget is 15k.

Do note for future refences that E-IPS panels will replace the currently available TN panels in the near future as companies started to phase them out by selling away all the currently available TN panel screens under 20-22-24 inch. Do also note that E-IPS panels don't have the same quality as other IPS panel types, but as said above better than TN.

Also new generation IPS are having better response times but for playing games on a budget i'd suggest to go with LED backlit LCDs coz dey are best VFM.
Won't make much difference unless you're using a premium type IPS panels. E-IPS is just a cheapest option available in the IPS panels.

OP
ajayashish

ajayashish

Living to Succeed
I have checked the reviews for Dell 2311 and heard that it has ghosting and the color range is not much and is not brighter... there is a color drop ...

what do u say

The Sorcerer

oh wow...Xenforo!!!
Like I said, its bit better than TN panels. I've said what I know to the best of my knowledge. If you see it this way many people said TN panels are crappy, same for e-ips panel. That's what you get for under 15k. You could try go to golcha or some other place, see if they can let you see the screen.

Top Bottom