Realtek driver mod and Creative X-FI with realtek chip

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I originally downloaded "64bit_Vista_Win7_Win8_R270_modded.zip" which worked perfectly. Now there's "GAMESPIRIT Win7_Win8_R271 X64 RTM 2013.rar" available which didn't work in my case. try with 'GAMESPIRIT 2.70 X64 WIN 7-8 RTM".

thanks for the info and I'll try with 2.70 then.

Gollum

Collector
hardware can only do what its designed to do.
if it does not have x-Fi technology then the driver is only making a fool out of you

OP
harshilsharma63

harshilsharma63

DIY FTW!
X fi is not a technology, its just a lineup of creative's sound cards. Here, the driver is doing nothing related to x fi. Its just unlocking the features of onboard realtek chip which are by default locked by the manufacturer.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I originally downloaded "64bit_Vista_Win7_Win8_R270_modded.zip" which worked perfectly. Now there's "GAMESPIRIT Win7_Win8_R271 X64 RTM 2013.rar" available which didn't work in my case. try with 'GAMESPIRIT 2.70 X64 WIN 7-8 RTM".

am I missing something or there's no "64bit_Vista_Win7_Win8_R270_modded.zip" driver to download :

View attachment 11865

anyway, I'll try with GAMESPIRIT 2.70 X64 WIN 7-8 RTM.

comrade

foreign return(0)
Excellent share. I removed my xifi music soundcard few months back due to limited space and to give some breath for the graphics card. Always wondered I'd get back the quality of creative but now after using these modded drivers and some tweaking I guess I'm closer enough.

Btw, do the creative MB softwares work or we just left with choosing the options from device properties? Because I don't see Creative console launcher working and always getting terminated with an error " No compatible audio device found" or similar.

Skud

Super Moderator
Staff member
Installed GAMESPIRIT Win7_Win8_R271b X64.rar and Creative X-FI MB 2012 Ultimo -Gamespirit.rar as described in my HTPC rig, works like a charm. In my case, it enables SRS, Sonic Focus, Dolby & DTS in my Realtek chip (ALC889A). XFi effects are working too, though I didn't like them. Audio output over HDMI out of the graphics card is untouched. Not sure if that is because I haven't uninstalled anything.

Thanks OP for the heads up, will test in my main rig too.

Goldenboy

New to this forum
Are there any new modded version of Realtek driver support and Creative X-FI MBIII software updates?

P.S

How is the quality of the modded Realtek driver and creative X-FI sound compared to the original X-FI card itself? Hope someone can compare and verify the sound quality.

Last edited:

accellFX

New to this forum
Are there any new modded version of Realtek driver support and Creative X-FI MBIII software updates?

P.S

How is the quality of the modded Realtek driver and creative X-FI sound compared to the original X-FI card itself? Hope someone can compare and verify the sound quality.

Found here ...
Realtek HDA 7312 + SBX Package

Guide is Indonesian text :-?

js1

Right off the assembly line
I'll re-upload the files on Thursday. BTW a copy of the file exists on Mega IIRC.

Hi and thanks for sharing the guide and the drivers. Always fun to find stuff like this. I'm surprised more people aren't testing this and hope I'm not too late.

I was able to dl and use the modded drivers, but the x-fi software was blocked by AVAST saying there was Win32 malware in it. Can anyone tell me if it's a false positive or another place to get the sw.

I'm trying to get 5.1 out of my ASUS Gryphon z87 mobos' optical (AC892). It does stereo better than my decade old Philips PSC 805 optical/SPDIF which I couldn't currently get to work right on win7/8. The AC892 onboard seems to be a bit cleaner so far and it would be fun to hear my old speakers play loud again (JBL S-series) sans the sub RIP. Which brings me to I'm thinking of buying a new 12" sub, but if it won't do 5.1, I'll probably just set up my room for 2.1 and a smaller/cheaper sub/amp/speakers.

Minion

Conversation Architect
it is a false positive.

- - - Updated - - -

Does this work on WIN 8.1.If yes please post link here.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
any one have a copy of the drivers? both links dead

giving you 3 links :

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

SOUND BLASTER X-FI MB5 + MODDED REALTEK DRIVERS V.6.0.1.7738 [WIN8 & WIN10]

OneDrive

Hope these helps

Top Bottom