[Complaint] Rahul ITWares - RMA Policy - Is this same for all?

Status
Not open for further replies.

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
Hi All.

Unfortunately I bought a PL 30 from Rahul, TheITWares on Dec 13, 2010 for ~9XX/-. With 1 year warranty.:mad:. Happy camper with it for over 6 months. Used it extensively as its my ONLY earphone. And the fit with it is just great.

It conked off like 3 weeks ago. No misuse. Always use my stuff very well. Send it to Rahul 2 weeks back. waited one week for status. Today he told me to give my mobile for letting me know.

Now comes the newest RMA policy i have ever heard.

He doesnt have the product in stock anymore. So he will give me credit note for ~4XX/-. And thats the only option i have. He cannot replace that IEM with similar one or similar value. He says thats how RMA works for all distri's.

I said i bought i for 1 year warranty. And not selling to you. so u cant depreciate it. Either give a pl30 or replace with similar value one. He said no can do.

I said this is straightforward cheating. He said i can consider this as whatever i want. And i can do whatever i want.I said ok.

I am sure Rahul can vouch this is the EXACT conversation. No Masala Added.

I dont have any extensive RMA experience. I only RMA'ed Benq, Samsung, Dell, WD, Seagate, Belkin, MSI, Transcend, Logitech, Intel products. And i only had this EOL issue with samsung and they replaced that with a 1 GB RAM instead of 512MB i gave. no questions asked.

This is not a RANT thread against Rahul or ITWares. Coz I dont want to waste my time with people like that. IMO. So please no ITWares bashing. I lost a 1000 bucks item today. And i am not going to take the 400 bucks from him. He can keep that.Just wanted to know ALL are treated like this. I am not the only one.

Thanks for reading this.

I forgot.

I put a 50Rs for return shipment charge as he said. I demand that money back.

Last edited:

abhinavmail1

MW3>BF3
I recently purchased fsp 500w psu and sony dvd writer from them.if i knew it before i whould not purchased any thing from.thanks for posting ur experience with elounge it will help other members to know where to buy where not to buy

OP
m-jeri

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
This thread should be a pointer to all.

Even if this guy had said to me this is just for this product, I might have believed that. When he said this is for ALL distris, I knew, this guy was selling me ****.
I started using computers from a commodore 64 era '89~88. I have seen my father does warranty replacement from those times when PC dealers were not dime a dozen.
I personally been involved in warranty process of PC stuff from ~97. I never heard this horse ****. At those times, the dealers could have said anything and i would
believe. But now and at this time, This is just cheating.

I am cheated by this dealer. I really didnt expect anything from him. Nor i do now. Seriously do you see anything else happening?

People should confirm with your dealers whether ur warranty is like this. All dealers should amend their rules like that. I know most people in forums change their stuff so fast, most times they are in stock. But a lot of people hold on to stuff. People like that beware. U buy i7 proccy after 2.5 years, something happens and u get a pretty paper weight.

Was this sort of a thing somewhere in the terms for warranty when you bought the product ?
If so, there is nothing you can do about it. Otherwise there are legal means. Consider using them if need be.

OP
m-jeri

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
No. It wasnt. You can even check the soundmagic website if anyone got doubts.

He just stopped selling sound magic. the item is still in production.

OP
m-jeri

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
Already did that in 30 minutes after i started the thread

Beware of ITWares ( TheITWares.com ) | Shantanu's Technophilic Musings

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
wow...glad i didn't buy my rig from then...actually i had gone to buy from him but he didn't have anything in stock(except the ram & powersupply)...bought from primeabgb instead....didn't know he gave so many problems in respect of warranty...

tkin

Back to school!!
Hmm, now that you mention, I bought my cooler from him via ebay, he did not reply to emails, pms in TE, or even messages in ebay ever, all sellers reply to messages in ebay, he didn't, something felt fishy, looks like one more seller off my list now.

Tenida

Gadget Freak
So now we should ignore itwares.com.Thanks for pointing about itwares @m-jeri

Look this same thread in erodov

OP
m-jeri

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
Issue not yet resolved

@staff..

This guy might PM you saying to delete this thread.

I leave it upto you for that decision. Since its your forum and your user base. If you guys want people to be aware of dealers like this and practices.

Its upto you.

Last edited:

abhinavmail1

MW3>BF3
Thanks @ asingh for leaving post as it is.as tkin told that digit forum is only forum which is not sold in the hands these greedy dealers,iam completly agree with him. Now this is not only the matter of cheating to only one person, this behavior of dealer indicates how he is behaving with his customers. Lets ruin those dealers on digit forum who cheats to there customers

Ronnie11

Judgement Time!!
so any improvements in the problems..any breakthroughs...was going through the warranty policy & came onto this...

f the product model is no longer available and cannot be repaired effectively or replaced with an identical model, SoundMAGIC at its sole option may replace the unit with a current model of equal or greater value.

so technically speaking he should be giving u a equal or higher version of pl30..

ps:-i am also the owner of sm pl30..but bought it from primeabgb..hoping for god's sake that prime abgb doesn't screw me over this...

OP
m-jeri

m-jeri

Caballero de Real Madrid
Hi all I got a mail regarding he shipped the

Mousepad and Batteries that were worth my Pl 30's price.

No use items for me. But from the brands he suggested, i wanted somethings that atleast i can have any use. since i dont use a desktop.

Lets see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom