Query regarding Liquid Cooling For Palit GTX 560

prateek_prakash

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
I purchased a Palit Ge Force GTX 560 in november 2011.
I have noticed that its temperatures are as follows:
idle: 45 degrees C
under load: 85-90 degrees C

Sometimes i doubt that its stock cooler is very poor, and does no job of cooling.

I wonder if a CPU Cooler like Corsair CWCH60 can be conveniently attached to the GPU?

If no, Then please let me know if any liquid cooling is available in India For the Above mentioned GPU within a decent budget.

Thanks.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ try increasing fan speed or if possible re TiM the gpu using good Tim like CM TF 400.

Tech_Wiz

Wise Old Owl
Just push the fan speed up and Keep Cabinet Dust Free and Well Ventilated. Mine Idles at around 38-40 Deg and haven't seen it going 60+ ever so far even though I got the Bigger brother of your card.

ps: Palit seems to run hot than other brands apart from XFX maybe. My old Palit GTS 250 also saw the Late 80 Deg Mark.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
it most likely is bad quality TIM. if TIM gets moved away from the GPU core, temperatures are bound to increase. try the method posted by topgear. it'll definitely lower temperature into normal zone.

OP
P

prateek_prakash

Thanks a lot Topgear, Tech_Wiz and Sam.
I tried incresind the fan speed, but to no avail. Probably the TIM needs to be re applied.

However, as i mentioned before, would a liquid CPU cooler like Corsair CWCH60 fit on my GPU? Because then i am ready to invest in a liquid cooler.

iittopper

Wise Old Owl
I tried incresind the fan speed, but to no avail. Probably the TIM needs to be re applied.

However, as i mentioned before, would a liquid CPU cooler like Corsair CWCH60 fit on my GPU? Because then i am ready to invest in a liquid cooler.

But why waste money , if you can lower the temp by re-apllying TIM properly...

the_conqueror

Ambassador of Buzz

I don't think that corsair liquid coolers would fit on a gpu, because they need a socket to fit in, and a gpu doesn't have socket around it to fit in a seperate aftermarket coolers. Try the method suggested by topgear . If it doesn't work, then there are some air coolers available to especially cool gpus, they are placed in expansion slots beside the card.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

you'll need to have space for installing the reservoir or the fan unit somewhere. moreover this is a cpu cooler. you can't fit a cpu cooler on a GPU. availability is a big problem here. try with a good quality TIM first.

OP
P

prateek_prakash

Thanks for the advice.
I will definitely consider re applying TIM, Cleaning the dust and changing the fan speed.
Thanks, will post the temps as soon as i buy the TIM.

d3p

PowerHouse
@prateek_prakash: Does your card have any warranty left ???

If yes, they don't even think to open the shrouds & re-apply TIM as Suggested above. Its voids the Warranty. Give the card for RMA.

If no, do as mentioned above.

Top Bottom