query regarding i7?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hariman

Broken In
I've been reading around and most of you'll suggest i5 2500k I mean won't a i7 outperform i5 in games + I. The future I'm planning to buy i7 3770k I'm be doing video editing and hardcore gaming but Now I'm confused

The Sorrow

New to this forum
Re: I7 bad?

We suggest what's best for OP considering his budget and needs. If budget isn't a problem, then i7 is absolute rocker.

OP
H

Hariman

Broken In

Well let's say if I can buy a 3770k what would u say to that
Hardcore gaming and yes heavy video work

Il be using a separate gfx is 3770k a good choice or no
It has a 4000 inbuilt gfx but it's not gonna be useful if I use my gfx I am dam confused on what to do help

The Sorrow

New to this forum

For gaming both cpu and gpu are essential. So, when it comes to graphics, cpu's graphics doesn't matter that much. All matters it that how efficiently and brilliantly a cpu works along with a gpu to give you a decent gaming experience. Cpu and gpu are designed for what they can do best

Hrishi

First of all , Did you mentioned the thread title as "I7 Bad" ,OMG!???!!! :shocked:

Coming to the O.post ,In such cases , the CPU should be good enough , so as not to bottleneck the GPU performance.
If I were into hardcore gaming , I would have concentrated my money more on a Decent GPU rather than an extremely high-end CPU.Since , its the GPU performance that plays a major role in gaming.

AFAIK , core I5 will definitely not bottleneck a good GPU.Its a good proccy Indeed.

Spending the extra bucks will make you future-proof , definitely.
Its suggested only when you can surpass the performance given by the cheaper one , or when the future-proof factor comes into play.O/w save the Extra buck and Invest in a better Gfx card.

Ivory bridge proccessor will be highly beneficial if you are not utilising your dedicated gfx card , i.e using HD4000 only.O/W you will barely notice any performance difference.

OP
H

Hariman

Broken In

Well so shall I wait for a10 or trinity It has 7000 integrated right or shall I get this I'm gonna use a gpu I just need a great CPU screw integrated gfx suggest please

saswat23

Human Spambot

Why do you need integrated graphics only? Trinity is not there to compete against i7 but its a great budget options for those who can't afford to get a descrete graphics card and want to enjoy games as long as possible. In your case a discrete graphics card is a must.

Hrishi

Hardcore gaming on an Integrated graphics is a very very bad idea indeed.

However , if you need a good CPU with good integrated Graphics processor , get a Ivory Bridge/3rd Gen Intel Core i5 or i7.They have a decent HD4000 intel graphics processor.

Chaitanya

Cyborg Agent

Well so shall I wait for a10 or trinity It has 7000 integrated right or shall I get this I'm gonna use a gpu I just need a great CPU screw integrated gfx suggest please

Once you say to screw IGP but again talk about trinity & IGP stuff....

For raw processing power nothing beats an i7 proccy..
Pls mention BUDGET kinda thing...
Well for your ambitious stuff go for :-D i7 3960X + GTX 690 in QUAD SLI :-D

ashis_lakra

Gaming Unlimited

Get Core i7 3770k and a Z77 mobo. LucidLogix will use both HD 4000 and discrete graphic card to boost fps in games.

OP
H

Hariman

Broken In

Ahh trinity came to my mind well il go for i7 I need a beast processor

And about integrated gfx I was just asking bout trinity
Obviously il buy a gpu

I thought there cud be something just like 3770k without 4000 which would be cheaper
And budget for processor 21k

Ashis thanks nice answer

OP
H

Hariman

Broken In

will it still give me good performance as much as 3770k
inshort i just need the best processor
so i dont have to change it later on
im confused on that :(
screw integrated graphics just a great processor
i can keep updating my gpu not my cpu :(

d6bmg

BMG ftw!!

2600K is almost equal to 3770K. Actually, 2600K have better overclocking power.
As for gaming only, 2500K is the best choice which is available @~12.5K

saswat23

Human Spambot

2600k is a great processor too. But if your budget allows you to go for 3770k then why not. Get it.

OP
H

Hariman

Broken In

Well but its sandy
any clue how much diffrence it will make switching to i7 2600k
new generation ?

skeletor

Super Moderator
Staff member

Well but its sandy
any clue how much diffrence it will make switching to i7 2600k
new generation ?
2% higher performance (doesn't matter) and much higher temperatures (not good for overclocking) with Ivy Bridge.

You can go with Ivy Bridge but that also means buying an after-market cooler even while running at stock. Sandy gives same perfromance at an overall much lower price.

Closing this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom