PSP Slim n Lite Hacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

apacheman

Journeyman
i'm planning to buy the PSP for my kid bro. the black one luks gorgeous, i duno bout de other colours, heard there r 9 of 'em. anyway, the problem is i cant afford to buy expensive UMD'S for every game. i heard there are some hacks for the PSP, linux n stuff, dunno much about it. is there any other way playing games cheap n easy by installin them or....er? n what r the other kinda hacks n what r its uses?
need ur suggestions guyz......

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
^^^Dont try hacking urself i lost my brand new psp because of this . fully bricked . slim and light

gangadhar

PC.PS2.PSP.PS3
@Max_demon

Ur PSP Is Not Bricked.R U Taken BackUP Of Ur PSP Battery Eprom Before Converting To Pandora...If Yes U Can Restore It.After Restoring It Works As A Normal Bttery.

@ apacheman
if u r buying a slim psp..u can hack ur psp firmware using pandora battery and magic stick.

for more search it in google.

Last edited:

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
Guide to Customize PSP UI

This is a Guide on how to customize many of the minor aspects of your PSP including the Battery Meter, Volume Meter, Background (w/wave), the actual wave, and the busy circle. Here are a few screenshots of my XMB after I was done:
*img169.imageshack.us/img169/8871/screenshot195bl9.th.png
*img411.imageshack.us/img411/8599/screenshot190pd9.th.png
*img411.imageshack.us/img411/1340/screenshot184xz8.th.png

Before you go any further, you accept all the risks of flashing your PSP. Many of the things discussed in this guide can brick your PSP if done incorrectly. I myself am the curious type and bricked by PSP about 8 times to get it looking like the first pic^. Fortunantly, Recovery Mode can save almost any mistake you may run into. I used recovery mode every time I made a mistake.

Download. You will need to download the following file(s) before continuing:
PSP Theme Pack:
Click

Extract the PSP Theme Pack on your PC in an easily accessible location (Desktop perhaps?)

Before Continuing:
Because of the high risk of incorrectly installing, it is highly recommended that you follow these instructions unless you know what your doing.
Download Flash Agent:
Click Here

Install it in both the GAME Directory (like other Homebrew) and in the Recovery Directory (ms0:/PSP/Game/RECOVERY/eboot.php)
To make sure its working, restart and enter recovery mode. Select run program at /recovery/eboot.php.
Flash Agent should start up. If not you installed it wrong and try again. Everything in the folder must go in the RECOVERY subdirectory (INCLUDING THE eboot.php)
From there (Flash Agent) select make a memory dump, and select All (Flash0 and flash1)
It will make a dump on your memory stick you will need to utilize in the case that you brick.
When its done, copy/cut the dump from the memory stick to an easily accessible location onyour PC's hard drive.
After you install ANYTHING Custom, please restart your PSP each time. DO NOT install everything at once and then restart. You must restart your PSP after flashing each modification.

From here on out just go to the part of the guide your are interested in.

Battery Edits:
Battery Edits will allow you to change your battery icon to any of custom icon you can find. In the Theme Pack you have 9 to chose from. There is no way to "preview" them before flashing so if you want to see all of them you will have to flash them and see what they look like. I believe the one in the picture is #3.
Anyways, Connect your PSP to your PC via USB, Restart your PSP while holding R to boot into Recovery Mode. From there go to Advanced and Toggle the Flash0. A box should pop up on your PC (if your using XP or Vista).
From there Navigate to vsh/resource
Get a battery Icon from the Battery Edits folder.
Rename it to system_plugin_fg.rco
Drag and Drop/Copy and Paste/etc... the system_plugin_fg.rco you just renamed into the vsh/resource folder
Exit Toggle, Exit Recovery, reboot PSP, and check out your new battery!
Custom Backgrounds:
These backgrounds will allow you to keep the wave ontop of the picture unlike regularly doing it the "Sony" way by going to pictures and pressing triangle etc...The middle pic is one of a black background flashed.
Anyways, Connect your PSP to your PC via USB, Restart your PSP while holding R to boot into Recovery Mode. From there go to Advanced and Toggle the Flash0. A box should pop up on your PC (if your using XP or Vista).
In the Theme Pack, navigate to \Custom Psp Theme Pack 4\Backgrounds\Custom 01-12 backgrounds\Customized 1
Copy the 01-12.bmp to vsh/resource
Exit recovery mode, go to settings, theme settings, and check out your new backgrounds!
Bootsounds:
Bootsounds are sounds (lol) that are played while rebooting your PSP. They are played while you see the waves starting up and the "Sony Computer Entertainment" text on the screen.
In the theme pack navigate to \Custom Psp Theme Pack 4\Bootsounds\Custom opening plugins
From there you may pick any boot sound you want. There is no way to test them before flashing so you will need to try them all to test each one.
Pick one (I like the Playstation Portable.......PSP one)
Rename whichever one you want to opening_plugin.rco
Copy it into the vsh/resource folder.
Exit Recovery, turn up the volume and listen up!
Volume Edits:
Volume Edits are just like Battery Edits. The first pick is my current one.
In the theme pack, navigate to \Custom Psp Theme Pack 4\Custom Volume Edits
In each folder is a preview of the volume meters, so just pick one that you like the most!
Rename the one you want to impose_plugin.rco (if it isnt already).
Copy it to vsh/resource
Exit recovery, and reboot.
Press Vol+ or Vol- and check it out!
Gameboots
Game boots are little movies that play when you run a game or homebrew. The default one is the Green Bubble looking thing. There are no preview for the gameboots, but if you download and install irShell, you can view them that way. irShell is only run on your PSP. Other than that you will have to try each one to see each one. All of them work
In the theme pack navigate to, \Custom Psp Theme Pack 4\Gameboots\Custom Gameboots
Pick one you like (I prefer hellsyeah, or take me out)
Rename it to gameboot.pmf
Copy the gameboot.pmf to vsh/resource
Exit recovery
Start a Game/Homebrew and check it out!
ICONS!
Do not use ICONS if you are on firmware 3.10 OE-A. For some reason they dont work and if flashed they will brick your PSP. It has happened to me 3 times, but luckily Recovery Mode can fix them.

Update Plugin Mod
Only use this if you want your Network Update Icon to reboot your PSP instead of Update. Useful if you reboot a lot (aka me)

Extract rbprx_v0.2_with_installer.rar into the Game Directory.
Run the application from Game. It will flash for you.
Select Network Update and it should restart
PSP Version Customizer:
Only select this if your on 3.03 OE-C. This application wont work if you are on 3.10 OE-A

The Version Customizer will let you change the "3.03 OE-C" under System Settings to anything you like.
Just extract the CFW_SEOE_Easy_Version__Changer_V6.zip into the GAME directory and run it from there. Then just change the Version to any you like.
XMB Fonts
These fonts will change the font of your XMB and Web Browser to any one installed. They are nice to play with, but after a while you'll probably realize that the default on is the best
From there navigate to /font/
In the themepack navigate to \Custom Psp Theme Pack 4\Xmb Fonts\BIRDMAN1 FONT PACK V11\FONT\FONT IMAGES
View the images with each font. If you like one remember the name of it, and navigate to Custom Psp Theme Pack 4\Xmb Fonts\BIRDMAN1 FONT PACK V11\FONT\PSP FONTS
From there just select the font you want. They all have exactly the same name as the preview pictures.
Grab the font you want and rename it to ltn0.pgf
Copy it to /font/
Exit recovery and reboot and you should have a new font!
XMB Wave:
The theme pack comes with a ton of waves you can try out, but because I didnt use any of them, I cant explain how to use them. Sorry
To install the wave I have in the pic above, download and install this application:
Download

Extract everything to the GAME Directory, and run the Wave Flasher. You have 3 Selections at the moment, with more possible in the next release. Sit tight till then
Anything Else not Mentioned in the Theme Pack:
I have not used or tried. Most of the major things have already been covered. Try 'em at your own risk!

OH N0ES! 1 BR1CK3D!!!!
Dont worry too much, your not the first one to do it.
Anyways, enter Recovery Mode.
Go to Run Program at game/recovery/eboot.pbp
It should run Flash Agent
From there (Flash Agent) go to its Recovery Mode, and just restore the font/battery/etc... that you incorrectly installed.
When you restart it should be fixed.
If that didnt work:
Boot into recovery again.
Go to advanced-> Toggle Flash0
Replace the corrupt file using the default one from the dump you took long ago. Simply drag and drop the file into its proper directory.
Credit:
Andrew
PSPCube.com

Incorrect Instructions? Something else not right? Let me know and I'll correct it, and give you credit. Dont mention spelling/grammar, since you can tell I didnt spend much time on it.

I would give this ago myself but i wouldn't want to brick my PSP.its very old trick if u go for PS2 or PS3 then u can run easily linux

ring_wraith

=--=l33t=--=
The method is relatively safe, provided you know what you're doing, and ask questions whenever you have a doubt.

I myself have a phat psp and downgraded using a far less safe method than pandora and did not brick. But I did exercise extreme caution.

You must realize that pandora is the best PSP downgrader to have ever been released.

OP
A

apacheman

Journeyman
does all this hacking stuff actually allows us to play games for free? like, where do we get to istall the games if not frm the expensive umd's? and can we play all kinda games?

gangadhar

PC.PS2.PSP.PS3
@ apacheman

1. yes
2. by downloading
3. yes.u can play all games.

btw for slim i think pandora method is easy to downgrade ur psp.

@ max_demon

r u still playing on ac adopter....???

i too love genelia :)

Last edited:

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
A friend of mine also wants to buy the PSP,
but isnt there is a way to play the Mini CD-r in the PSP.. thats too bad

2. what is the maximum size of the Memory Card we can put in?

3. Whats the current market price in delhi? where you recommend buying it from?

4. what are the recommended accessories for PSP@2008 Slim n Lite?

Regards

Renny

Padawan
Hey guys this maybe stupid but,

there r a lot of PSP game torrents,
U download them and burn them to what?(UMD or Mini CD-R).

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
@ rahul
there are no UMD writers and mini CD wont work with the PSP

you have to copy those games to memory card

Last edited:

gangadhar

PC.PS2.PSP.PS3
@ rollcage

it is not possible to play Mini CD-r in PSP.Only U Can Play UMD(Universal Media Disc).

2. 16GB (from 4 gb i suggest only original memory card)

3. i don't know about delhi.but in our local market the price of slim is 8200.

4. there are many acc available for psp.but first and must is screen protector.

rollcage

AMD user for 9 yrs!!
^ thx

got it... PSP slim + carry case + wireless headphones + screen protector
+ 2UMDs (Fifa07 & Lara Croft). for Rs. 12,000
It looks something man... gr8
Now just the memory card is need to be bought,
4Gb is available for 1800 but no warranty.. so didn't buy it. will buy with warranty

and is putting a 8/16Gb good idea? .. there are only Sony cards or kingston or other also make those.
and arent any low cost umd available in grey market.
and lastly whats the cost of Camera & GPS attachment, I think gps addon should be good.

Riteshonline

*Unlimited&Ultimate*
Hummmmmmmm,
I want to buy NEW Sony PSP Portable. What is The Prise???
is almost all the Latest games are available for Protable.How is Function of PSP portable??Whats th Techinical Specification?? IS that Graphics Is good?
we can Install another Game on it? or that Comes with*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/41a.gif Bundle??*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/06a.gif

Mohak

Broken In
I have a psp 2004 slim and lite for Rs. 8990 (Official) Piano Black (looks awesome), a PSP Carry case hard backed worth Rs. 1000, 1 UMD (Medal of Honor Heroes) for Rs. 999 and got a Sandisk 4gb memory card from Nehru place for something between Rs. 1500- Rs. 2100 (dont remember) with warranty.

Aaditya_S

Right off the assembly line
hey dudes, me gt a PSP slim and lite version 3.90 and me nt gt a memory card will gt it soon. But was wondering do i hav to downgrade my psp with the pandora battery kit and then upgrade it to version 3.90m33?? and can i do this widout a pandora battery, need some help here, will appreciate it if someone could help me out wid this bcoz me really want my psp modded. Bought it frm alfa, dnt knw if they do it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom