PSP Slim n Lite Hacks?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
I have PSP Phat 3.71M33-4 ...... Hard Cover.... Screen Protector.... 2GB+4GB (SanDisk) MS...EP-630.....2 UMDs (PoP:Revelations and Burnout Legends). I must say the gadget is great. I also have 14-15GB of ISOs :D.

Anyways, currently the price of PSP Slim is Rs.8300 and some basic acc. costs :-

1. Screen Protector -> depends on shops, generally between 500-700...
2. Hard Plastic Cover -> Between 800-1k
3. Earphones with Remote -> I think they cost around 1.2-1.5k
4. Logitech Stealth (special PSP earphones but works with other stuff too) -> 1.4k
5. Creative EP-630 (Earphones.... works with any gadget with a 3.5mm jack) -> Rs.750
6. SanDisk 4GB Memory Stick -> Rs.1900
7. KingSton 4GB Memory Stick -> Rs.1850
8. Sony 2GB MS -> Rs.1100
9. Dock like stand (for support during watching movies, etc) -> Rs.900-1.2k
10. Carry Pouch -> it depends...... ranges from Rs.500-1.5k

Lastly, the UMDs. Today, most UMDs cost between Rs.999 to 1.5k. Some are even high at 1.9k and some are as low as Rs.699. The more popular the game, the costlier. New launches are also costly so wait for a month and there are high chances of a price drop.......if u buy original that is :D. Movie UMDs are EOL (End of Life) and no more new launches are there for movies on UMDs.

I highly suggest you get your PSP modded (usually costs Rs.800 to 1.2k) rather than doing it urself coz there is a high chance of bricking it.

I also suggest you dont wait for the new PSP Slim (PSP-4000 or sumthing like dat) coz there are rumors that it cant be hacked (atleast not yet 8) ).

If you are buying right now .....I suggest you get it modded to 3.90 M33..... its the most stable CFW (Custom FirmWare).

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

nice informative post.. :)

wud love if u posted the same thing in the PSP review section too (by tarey_g) .. :)
----------------

btw, me too hv 28 GB of PSP games.. :D:D

shercheeta

Broken In
" highly suggest you get your PSP modded (usually costs Rs.800 to 1.2k) rather than doing it urself coz there is a high chance of bricking it."

Any idea where it could be done in Bangalore ?
Any one got it done successfully ?
I got da number of this guy ray who does it and was trying to see if someone else had got it done earlier!

vasapra

Right off the assembly line
I have recently bought a PSP 2004. Where can I get it modded in Delhi
Vas
I have PSP Phat 3.71M33-4 ...... Hard Cover.... Screen Protector.... 2GB+4GB (SanDisk) MS...EP-630.....2 UMDs (PoP:Revelations and Burnout Legends). I must say the gadget is great. I also have 14-15GB of ISOs :D.

Anyways, currently the price of PSP Slim is Rs.8300 and some basic acc. costs :-

1. Screen Protector -> depends on shops, generally between 500-700...
2. Hard Plastic Cover -> Between 800-1k
3. Earphones with Remote -> I think they cost around 1.2-1.5k
4. Logitech Stealth (special PSP earphones but works with other stuff too) -> 1.4k
5. Creative EP-630 (Earphones.... works with any gadget with a 3.5mm jack) -> Rs.750
6. SanDisk 4GB Memory Stick -> Rs.1900
7. KingSton 4GB Memory Stick -> Rs.1850
8. Sony 2GB MS -> Rs.1100
9. Dock like stand (for support during watching movies, etc) -> Rs.900-1.2k
10. Carry Pouch -> it depends...... ranges from Rs.500-1.5k

Lastly, the UMDs. Today, most UMDs cost between Rs.999 to 1.5k. Some are even high at 1.9k and some are as low as Rs.699. The more popular the game, the costlier. New launches are also costly so wait for a month and there are high chances of a price drop.......if u buy original that is :D. Movie UMDs are EOL (End of Life) and no more new launches are there for movies on UMDs.

I highly suggest you get your PSP modded (usually costs Rs.800 to 1.2k) rather than doing it urself coz there is a high chance of bricking it.

I also suggest you dont wait for the new PSP Slim (PSP-4000 or sumthing like dat) coz there are rumors that it cant be hacked (atleast not yet 8) ).

If you are buying right now .....I suggest you get it modded to 3.90 M33..... its the most stable CFW (Custom FirmWare).

Last edited:

╬Switch╬

In the zone
I have a Slim ver. 2004 with FW 3.95 .
Can I mod it myself or where can I get it modded in Pune or Mumbai?
Im getting fed-up of it now as I have no games to play :(

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

i too got my PSP from where tarey_g got it from.. :D and we (tarey and I) purchased the PSP withing jus 2 days apart.. from each others purchase.. :)

that Ninja guy charged me Rs.250/- for modding the PSP S&L (in front of me) and since then im in a frenzy mood with my PSP, got nearly 60 games for my PSP :D:D

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
8990/- was the total price i got my PSP with CFW installed. Can't imagine PSP withoutt homebrew apps.

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
yeah....but beware while buying a new PSP, the new ones with Ta-088v3 motherboards dont allow Pandora Battery to boot from Magic Memory Stick, making them vistually unhackable as of now...Dark Alex is working on that

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Datel's new blue battery tool has made it possible to boot new PSP's in service mode allowing to install CFW.

vasapra

could u manage to get it modded? Pl let me know the details. I have also bought a similar one and want it modded
Vas
I have a Slim ver. 2004 with FW 3.95 .
Can I mod it myself or where can I get it modded in Pune or Mumbai?
Im getting fed-up of it now as I have no games to play :(

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
@Switch, Go to the shop Saregama on MG road Arora towers in Pune, I got my friend a PSP from there(CFW). He will charge approx 200/- to install CFW. There were two more shops just opposite Saregama shop, but they are closed now.

silenthill84

psp modifier
hey guys y are u giving 300-400 rupees for downgrading??:confused:
simply get a new PANDORA BATTERY from me for just Rs.535+65(shipping):shock::shock::shock:

heres the image*i296.photobucket.com/albums/mm186/whoisboss84/PandoraBattery.jpg:D:Dsweet isnt it?:D:D

Last edited:

smokin745

@ silenthill

Dude :
1) the image u just posted has the site name ur buying it from n selling it at even greater price.
2) You are doing good business from that site since u get a profit of around 150 bucks straight after u order pandora from that site
3) i was talking to u about same site :p

ionicsachin

Ambassador of Buzz
@tarey_g
Dantel's battery was just a fake way of earning money...visit dark-alex.org for explaination from the father of CFWs why its fake and why it doesnt work..
Its not the battery that has to be modified, the new motherboards dont allow service battery to boot from Memory Stick, Pandoras are rendered useless now....

for others
Right now, and for a long time from now, there is no way to hack any PSP that has TA-088v3 motherboard(new PSP2000s ) or TA-090 motherboards...there are fake videos all over the internet showing them running these with CFWs but that is totally impossible, sony has made the security signatures so high that u cant run a CFW on new PSPs....shopkeepers might tell u(as in hyderabad) that they ll have to open the PSP and do this and that, but that all is fake....coz there is just NO WAY to hack new PSPs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom