PSP slim and Lite - My Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

Full sized QWERTY keyboard ?? i mean how u use it ?? (i knw it must be in menu) but for wat purpose are u using it ??

Also, I hv 3.90 m333, so how do i go abt updating my CFW ???

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

yup, tats wat i also wanna knw as rockthegod has done it, in general i knw tat there is jus a copy and paste of newer cfw files over the older one... but how to do it, im not sure... :(

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
I updated via WiFi, but you guys can do it directly by downloading the following files.

IMPORTANT: You MUST be running 4.01-m33 CFW in order to update to 5.0-m33. Make sure you follow the instructions properly and have at least a 80% battery charge with the AC power connected to PSP all the time while updating. I am not responsible if you brick your PSP.

DOWNLOAD

[IMPORTANT: by the way, I do not know whether CFW update discussions and links are allowed here. If this is against the forum rules, please let me know and I will remove all of it OR the mods can do it]

^^

yup, tats wat i also wanna knw as rockthegod has done it, in general i knw tat there is jus a copy and paste of newer cfw files over the older one... but how to do it, im not sure... :(

This is not just a COPY-PASTE thingy, you have to update completely by executing the proper Eboot in your PSP. Don't worry, all your apps and settings will be intact. Just follow the instructions in the README of the file. The QWERTY keyboard is an added option when you are typing (you can switch between the various types of keyboards and keypads provided, QWERTY is just one of it), it is just awesome to use, way better than the earlier mobile phone type keyboard.

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
Hey thanx for the QWERTY update.. if possible can u post a screenshot of its gui ??

also, now i guess i'll hv to figure out HOW TO update to 4.01 (coz im on 3.90 m333) so i'll hv to go this way updating 3.90---> then 4.01-----> then 5.0 :( (shee, kya lamba process hain yaar)

^^
Get it from here *dl.qj.net/dl.php?fid=17254
Then follow these steps- *www.us.playstation.com/PSP/About/SystemUpdate/pc.html

May the forces be with you:D

rockthegod

Dark Overlord !!!
@ashu: here you go:

*d.imagehost.org/t/0320/snap001.jpg

You can easily update to 4.01 from 3.90 by WiFi .. can't you ?? I don't remember exactly. I had 3.71 m33 initially since I used Desperter 4, I guess...

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
THanx sunny and rock

btw, i dnt hv a wifi router (only a wired d link router) :(

so will hv to find a way tat sunny gave.. :)
---------

btw, can tat QWERTY keyboard be used ingame (While creating player names) ?? rite ?? coz the default one tat we hv on our PSPs is tat mobile fone type of keyboard (a b c A B C 1 2 3) type..

p!e

Broken In
am on 5.00 M33 liked new Theme

Congrats bro...........:D
So howz is d firmware besides the theme ??
also did u used the play station store function?
i heard some issues regarding backward compatibility :confused:
Post some screen shots of the new theme

Last edited:

max_demon

IM AS MAD AS HELL!!
*img524.imageshack.us/img524/3821/screenshot001de7.jpg
*img186.imageshack.us/img186/8702/screenshot007xy5.jpg
*img186.imageshack.us/img186/1480/screenshot006yf5.jpg
*img529.imageshack.us/img529/9052/screenshot005vr9.jpg
*img410.imageshack.us/img410/218/screenshot004mo3.jpg
*img524.imageshack.us/img524/2407/screenshot003tp9.jpg
*img524.imageshack.us/img524/8509/screenshot002ew8.jpg

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^ thanx for the screenies..

welcome back pie, seen u after a long time yaar...btw wich fw are u on ?? same as me 3.90 m333 ???

p!e

Broken In
Psp Cw 5.00 M-33

hey thnx max for the screenshots

^^ thanx for the screenies..

welcome back pie, seen u after a long time yaar...btw wich fw are u on ?? same as me 3.90 m333 ???

Hi ashu
I was on 3.90 m33-3 a month ago ...........
before switching to 4.01 m33.......did'nt had any issues with this firmware.
But now since the new firmware is out I couldn't wait to have hands on it So just moved on to the new FW 5.00 m33.......Liked it :D;)
will have to wait and watch how stable it is and how well it performs??
so wen r u moving on to the new firmware??
also has any one used the psn store function i do not hav wifi router at home
if any one has tried this plz share ur experience.;)

BTW currently playin Ace combat X : Skies of Deception. Good game wid good graphix and a good storyline:p.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

plz tell me how u updated from 3.90 m333 to 4.01 m33 ...as im on 3.90 m333 pm me if u want to.. but plz plz tell me how to do it.. I do not hv a wifi router so obviously not thru net.. tell me another way around... :)

shri

Always Fresh!
I registered an account in PSN through my PSP. After the registration process, I logged in to the playstation store and I got the following message "The Playstation store is not available in the selected country or region "
*img75.imageshack.us/img75/2526/screen2iu8.th.png*img75.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

I had entered my country as India. Its not possible to change it now. Can someone try it with a different country entered while registration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom