PSP slim and Lite - My Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
you have to make entry in the same files that are already in the seplugins folder , dont put these new files there . Your seplugins folder must have the prx file of the plugin and the entry of theprx file into the vsh/game/game150 etc files of your choice. in case of screenshot plugin , putting the entry in vsh and game.txt will do.

The game is good so far , camera acts funny and is irritating some times .Its a third person hack and slash game. Gameplay is explosive and using force powers is fun. Recommended

Last edited:

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
you have to make entry in the same files that are already in the seplugins folder , dont put these new files there . Your seplugins folder must have the prx file of the plugin and the entry of theprx file into the vsh/game/game150 etc files of your choice. in case of screenshot plugin , putting the entry in vsh and game.txt will do.

The game is good so far , camera acts funny and is irritating some times .Its a third person hack and slash game. Gameplay is explosive and using force powers is fun. Recommended
yup the force thing is really great, the game is good. but playing gta vice city stories now it is awesome.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

i see... but me still addicted to a few games below:

1.) SOCOM Tactical Strike
2.) SOCOM Fireteam Bravo
3.) SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 2

4.) Graw 2
5.) Wipeout Pulse

6.) Supreme Commander Forged Alliance (on my PC) :D
-----------------------

Hv been planning to add GTA series in my list of PSP games ;)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
yup, those are really addictive games too
btw, i hv won so many cars in burnout Legend's World Tour mode , but I cant see them in single player mode, y is that ??
------------------------

Here are my screenshots from the game:

SOCOM - TACTICAL STRIKE

1.) THis is the Main Menu of SOCOM - Tactical Strike
*img7.pictiger.com/f7a/16887101_th.jpg

2.) THese are the various missions UNLOCKED after the same has been finished in the campaign (career mode):
*img7.pictiger.com/7ec/16887107_th.jpg

3.) These are the same mission list (as above) but here, u can begin play from either Inerstion Point A or B (wich are 2 different places of the same location/map) from where ur team is deployed to start the mission.
*img7.pictiger.com/538/16887108_th.jpg

4.) THese are my overall stats of the campaign (career mode) , impressive, isint it ?? lol..
*img7.pictiger.com/0a1/16887109_th.jpg

5.) THis is the mission breifing wich is done by a female voice b4 the start of each campaign:
*img7.pictiger.com/6ae/16887110_th.jpg

6.) THis is ur squad layout: U control a team of 4 ppl (which are split into 2 groups as ABLE & BRAVO): here u can press the square button to AUTO UPGRADE ur team members or manually upgrade them (as shown in 7.)
*img7.pictiger.com/b56/16887111_th.jpg

7.) Here, u can manually upgrade each member of ur team with ur own choice of weapons, so I always load 1 member of ABLE witha sniper gun and 1 member of BRAVO with a sniper gun, so that In both my teams (ABLE & BRAVO) i hv 1 sniper each, wich is their primary weapons, along with their sec weapons wich are all fitted with SUppressors (silencers):
*img7.pictiger.com/348/16887112_th.jpg

8.) THis is the manual weapon loadout (upgrade) screen for each player, u can select froma wide variety of weapons to suit ur mission.
*img7.pictiger.com/5d9/16887113_th.jpg

9.) Here, u can selecr either point A or B to start ur mission in quick play mode:
*img7.pictiger.com/c89/16887114_th.jpg

10.) THis is the map screen along wiht the objectives wen the SELECT button is pressed:
*img7.pictiger.com/78a/16887128_th.jpg

11.) Here my one of the team member is lining up a shot for a sniper kill onto an enemy (seen as a red triangle further up the screen) :
*img7.pictiger.com/aa8/16887129_th.jpg

12.) Now, this is the view wen my team member zooms in on a ENEMY to kill him using a sniper rifle: in this process, the team member will say "SNIPE IN PROGRESS"
*img7.pictiger.com/935/16887130_th.jpg

13.) Enemy killed after the snipe:
*img7.pictiger.com/c09/16887131_th.jpg

14.) U will ALWAYS hv to manually point the members of ur team to go to a new location (by pressing the 'O' button and using the analog stick to point to the specific location:
*img7.pictiger.com/08e/16887134_th.jpg

15.) Here, using a grenade, im trying to aim at an angle to throw the grenade to kill 2 ENEMIES (one is hidden adn one is displayed on screen with a red triangle over his head):
*img7.pictiger.com/923/16887137_th.jpg

================================================================
------------------------------------
================================================================

Hope u liked the screenshots of this b'ful game and a simple review by me.. : )
----------------------

Cheers n e-peace...

Last edited:
OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ wow , finally you were sucessful in taking screens :D

I will post screens from SW : TFU soon .

Last edited:

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^
lol.. :D:D
yaa thank goddd at last.. :D
------------

Btw, the PSP still hangs while i take screenshots while in-game yaar.. any idea kya ?? maybe i must be taking screenshots while the character in game is attacing or walking or jus not stable.. is it ???

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
when you take a screenshot , thhe screen color changes while the screenshot is taken, its not done in a instant .If thats what you call hanging , then its perfectly normal .:)

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

well, no u are rite abt the screen taking time and it changing color to take the screenshot, I know this is normal :)

wat i mean a real hanging problem, getting stuck (with no response at all) for eternity, until and unless i do a manual battery removal and restart the PSP..

does that hapen to u to as well.. ??

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
^^ No , never happened. Make sure u are using correct version of CXMB, some are not compatible with 3.90 m33 on slim.

btw , I completed Star Wars : Force Unleashed. 8/10 , so far the most enjoyable game i played on PSP (have not played god of war yet)

girish.g

respect mah authoritah!!
syphon filter logans shadow, cabelas legendary adventure and fading shadows added

manhunt 2,spiderman friend or foe,lego batman, guitarway to heaven amplified added
screenshots of star wars
*img143.imageshack.us/img143/7146/screen6zv4.th.png*img143.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

*img510.imageshack.us/img510/1130/screen8dm7.th.png*img510.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

*img231.imageshack.us/img231/9940/screen2ee0.th.png

*img375.imageshack.us/img375/5338/screen3ln8.th.png

*img375.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif*img231.imageshack.us/images/thpix.gif

Last edited:
OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
Nice ,every one is now posting screen shots :)

Few from my side :

This ugly alien wants to eat me
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3100/2900493605_7416d45078_o.jpg

but soon finds out, it ain't that easy. Saber right into his brains
*farm3.static.flickr.com/2086/2900493609_23de0928d5_o.jpg

Nobody messes with the Dark lord
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3046/2901340728_0f699146eb_o.jpg

Yeah! ,you better run ..
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3223/2901340732_7778a71e1b_o.jpg

Saber clash !
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3109/2901340736_49d1462d2a_o.jpg

I will electrocute you, roast you. Muahhahaha
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3172/2901340734_18139372b5_o.jpg

Goodbye ...
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3286/2900493599_8c1da56649_o.jpg

DeathStar
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3287/2900493585_6c440e96ac_o.jpg

Bang !!! Die Darth Vader...Die!!
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3169/2900493583_d4383e2024_o.jpg

Big Bang!
*farm4.static.flickr.com/3006/2900493579_6ac0b5db98_o.jpg

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

well, im using the same screenshot plugin tat u gave me, and yes (as far as u too remember) tat im on 3.90 m333 and i guess u are too on the same FW so u too using the same screenshot plugin tat u gave me.. (its ver 1.2)...

---------------

I recently completed level 1 (consisting of 4 missions) in KILLZONE LIBERATION and i must say tat its the trickiest game ever to be played by me on the easy (there are 3 difficulties, easy, normal and hard) settings, as it really required me to think differently for each mission... esp. the 4th Mission in LEVEL 1 known as SABOTAGE where the 3 wrenches had to be destroyed to complete the mission and at the same time dodge myself from the enemy TANK and the enemy AI,

alas, i cudnt take the screenshots, coz everytime i pressed the music button (for the screenshot plugin) the game hanged :(
-----------------

Latest additions to my PSP game list..

1.) FIFA 08
2.) PES 08
:D:D:D

OP
tarey_g

tarey_g

Hanging, since 2004..
I am on the same Firmware version, i dont know why you are facing the problem , maybe some other plugin you installed has a conflict with this one.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

I see, well yaa maybe... but the only other plugin i hv is the cxmb (ctf themes plugin).. see this screenshot for my cxmb and seplugins folder.. (jus hv a look of the files tat they contain..) :)

*img7.pictiger.com/b09/16936699_th.jpg

Just got Lego batman and Daxter.Daxter is quite commendable bbut Lego Batman is just too childish for my liking.
BTW where do you get all the cool PSP stuff from?

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
^^

wat u mean by cool stuff ?? :D (jus joking)... goto pspiso.com (or google it for PSP items/apps) :)
---------------

Wat all games do u hv ???

Justice League Heroes
Brian Lara Cricket Pressure Play
Flatout
Gears Of Was Chain Of Olympus
Pro Evolution Soccer 2008
Transformers
Prince Of Persia Revelations
Burnout Legends
GTA Vice City Stories
GTA Liberty City Stories