PS3 Review By naveen_reloaded

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
is 19k for a PS3 40GB a gud deal?ofcourse its without bill so no warranty.....
Better get one with warranty as they get the console replaced without question if any problem arises. The 40GB ones have started developing issues with discs not being read. Not a widely common problem as the RRoD but still if that happens then you're boned. One of my friends got his at initial launch for around 30 grand from KSA & now it's dead. The repairs would set him back by a whopping 10k. I'd stick with Indian warranty for now & Croma showrooms offer an additional one year warranty for Rs.750.

anooj30199302

Right off the assembly line
Better get one with warranty as they get the console replaced without question if any problem arises. The 40GB ones have started developing issues with discs not being read

Very true. My neighbour bought one for 24.5k 4 days back at reliance digital and its playing NTSC dvd's, files copied to USB well. When PAl dvd's are inserted the screen goes blank completely, both his TV and monitor. Any issues like not being able to read PAL dvd's Allwindlima ...? I'm thinkin o fone preferably 80gb but if lose patience then 40gb itself.:p

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Guys i want to tell one thing to all... If you are going to get a PS3, please get it in india, or know the suitable region code matching india's and buy... Coz many games and movies - bluray are region code locked and currently there is no trick to unlock these codes...

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
00 Japan NTSC A

08 Russia / India PAL C

09 China PAL C

01 North America NTSC A

02 Australia / New Zealand PAL B

more @ *www.edepot.com/playstation3.html

more info .. unknown stuffs in the above site.... pleae have alook

anooj30199302

Thanks naveen, that was great info. Poor guy he isso frutsrated playing PAL dvd's that he is planning for a Opo dvd player. I will have to be careful when buying. Man this is bad.:(hmmm...

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Games on the PS3 aren't region locked. Only the Blu-Ray movie are. Nearly 99% of the game are region free for now.

@anooj: Is your friend trying a DVD movie disc or a Blu-Ray movie disc? In both cases if it's purchased in India it should support PAL formats & not NTSC. I don't think there should be an issue running the games. Also all PS3 sold in India are supposed to be of PAL standards & not NTSC. We fall in the PAL region remember. So it's very ironical how your friend's Indian purchased PS3 reads only NTSC DVD's. Can you double check again? Also what movie is it?

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
Games on the PS3 aren't region locked. Only the Blu-Ray movie are. Nearly 99% of the game are region free for now.

@anooj: Is your friend trying a DVD movie disc or a Blu-Ray movie disc? In both cases if it's purchased in India it should support PAL formats & not NTSC. I don't think there should be an issue running the games. Also all PS3 sold in India are supposed to be of PAL standards & not NTSC. We fall in the PAL region remember. So it's very ironical how your friend's Indian purchased PS3 reads only NTSC DVD's. Can you double check again? Also what movie is it?

PS3 games (on Blu-ray discs) are not region locked, but they are released and labelled with numerical regions codes (which seems to match DVD region codes). Any PS3 game from any region will play in any PS3. However, there is the special situation when you try to play back the game in Standard Definition. If the PS3 game only has Standard Definition and Enhanced Definition for either PAL (576i and 576p) or NTSC (480i and 480p), your PS3 must have the same Standard Definition and Enhanced Definition format support, or you won't be able to play it. This is not a problem if you play the game in High Definition (720p, 1080i, 1080p), but there exists the possibility to region lock (based on Blu-ray game region) games if the publisher decides to do so. All PS3 games have a serial number containing a four character prefix, followed by a five digit suffix. The following are the common prefix for PS3 games:

why give a little edge to publishers .. if they want them region locked in the future ??? .. its always better to get it from local vendor / dealer , since servicing , and other stuff can be carried out without much difficulty...

correct me if i am wrong

anooj30199302

Hi Naveen,

Its a PAL, region 5. Says DVD 9, 1.85;1 ration. HE is able to play my DVD -Ratatouille(which in I won from AV MAx contest:)). This dvd cover says - NTSC 1,4 and 5, DVD 9, 2.39:1 ans play it OK. donno abt upscalind and all. So Naveen, is this A NTSc PS#. He bought from reliance Digital this Diwali. I checked with him and the model is CECHH08, so per your linked page it is Aug/Oct 2007 model. We both are laughing at this. It also play NTSc LOTR discs beautifully - NTSC again.
What do u think ? Shuld we bring to realiance's notice and get this checked. Will check other discs and get back.

Thanks buddy.

On a side not I want to buy one soon else the money goes for some other PC h/w and want to avoid that. 80gb will not offer much except for the 130w power consumption.

Thanks man.

NIGHTMARE

ANGEL OF DEATH
hey naveen if there 2 PS3 machine r at same with there controller so they can configure easily or u needed to do some thing becoz with 1 machine its easily connect.becoz i m going 2 purchased another machine

lionelxp

Got my PS3 on the 15th of this month.

Yesterday was playing Resistance, midway blackscreen.

Had to reset it.

Then saw the freakin thing was not reading any disc's.

Had taken it from Croma, Belapur w an extra warranty.

But they said they dont take it and Ive gotta give it to the service center in Vashi

So Ihve dropped it off at vashi. Waiting for Sony to get back.

Been reading online that many of the blu ray lens are conking off.

OP
naveen_reloaded

naveen_reloaded

!! RecuZant By Birth !!
hey naveen if there 2 PS3 machine r at same with there controller so they can configure easily or u needed to do some thing becoz with 1 machine its easily connect.becoz i m going 2 purchased another machine

i think each controller has a specific mac address or something that sort... so that it will regirster to one ps3 on turning it on...

the best thing would be to connect the controller to ps3 via cable ( usb )...

i am not sure ... coz i dont have two ps3...

why two ps3 bro ??? planning on super computing ???

*www.blogcdn.com/www.ps3fanboy.com/media/2007/10/225supercomplink.jpg

Got my PS3 on the 15th of this month.

Yesterday was playing Resistance, midway blackscreen.

Had to reset it.

Then saw the freakin thing was not reading any disc's.

Had taken it from Croma, Belapur w an extra warranty.

But they said they dont take it and Ive gotta give it to the service center in Vashi

So Ihve dropped it off at vashi. Waiting for Sony to get back.

Been reading online that many of the blu ray lens are conking off.

sad indeed....

isolated problem may be,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom