PS2 screwed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

slash_89

Hi,

I own a slim PS2(SCPH-70006),

I opened it up and when I fixed it back the "Reset Button" broke *www.chip-india.com/townsquare/images/smiles/icon_cry.gif
(The wire from it cut and even the main Button broke off)

***Please check this out(This is the reset circuit which I screwed):-***
*i11.ebayimg.com/02/i/000/bd/37/d2f0_1.JPG

***This is the link to the cable plz view it:-***
*i9.ebayimg.com/04/i/000/bd/37/d449_1.JPG

I live in Bangalore, I searched everywhere including the place where I baught it from, but no one had it,

Plz Plz Plz i need this part along with the cable(Plz see the provided link).

OP
S

slash_89

This is'nt such a serious problem, those parts I mentioned are available,
But I could'nt find it in here,

Mumbaikars plz plz plz find out whether this part is available in Pallika or any other place where they may sell it,
I'll pay you fellas how much ever it costs.

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
from where u got those snaps??? If any online shopping site order it from there....:D :D :D

waise if ur ready to Pay WHATEVER the price..better buy new PS2 ;)

OP
S

slash_89

Those pics were for EBAY.COM(US),
this part is easily available there,

but guys I seriously cant buy a new PS2 just because the button broke + there are spares available,

Mumbaikars plz plz plz find out whether this part is available in Pallika or any other place where they may sell it,
I'll pay you fellas how much ever it costs.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
^Just one problem there,Pallika Bazaar ain't in Mumbai but if my memory serves me right then it's in Delhi right? ;)

Anyways it's tough to find the individual parts for the PS2.The internal parts are rarely sold,atleast none that I have ever seen in Mumbai.Most of the repair jobs that are done are mostly Lens related which they manually sholder a new one in or for a mod-chip.Apart from that I'm not sure if they stock these parts to be sold separately.Try consulting Sony world & see what they have to say about it.

OP
S

slash_89

Plz guys help me out,

Delhiites plz find out if the Reset button and the cable connected to it are available in Pallika,

Everyone else plz help me get these 2 parts,

I'll pay you guys how much ever it costs.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
slash_89 said:
Plz guys help me out,

Delhiites plz find out if the Reset button and the cable connected to it are available in Pallika,

Everyone else plz help me get these 2 parts,

I'll pay you guys how much ever it costs.

Hey Slash,

Go to Sony service center and ask them if they can get you new reset button and cable. Show them your PS2. Due to the mod chip, they will charge some money on repair. Try your luck. If they refuse to repair, get the spare from USA.

alos, try in the electronic stores in SP Road, like Railton Electronics. They might help you.

OP
S

slash_89

Ya dude I tried SP road even National Market but I could'nt find it,

Actually these parts I need is easily available in the US, but not here,

If anyone of you guys could find out whether the parts I need is available where you stay it would help a lot :).

PS:-
Is there any way to switch on the PS2 without the Reset button.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
S

slash_89

And this is really pathetic, I called up a Sony service centre the other day to find out whether they could fix up my PS2, the guy I spoke to told me Sony does'nt have support or servicing for PS2 throughout India :evil: .

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
slash_89 said:
And this is really pathetic, I called up a Sony service centre the other day to find out whether they could fix up my PS2, the guy I spoke to told me Sony does'nt have support or servicing for PS2 throughout India :evil: .

Bullocks. That's absurd. I will try to contact a nearby sony world and service center and will let you know If they can help you (only on Monday)

OP
S

slash_89

desiibond said:
Bullocks. That's absurd. I will try to contact a nearby sony world and service center and will let you know If they can help you (only on Monday)

Thnx buddy.

desiibond

Bond, Desi Bond!
Hey Rahul,

I called up Sony support center and they told me this:

PS2 is fully supported in India if it's bought in India. If it's bought abroad, they will still check the PS2 and will charge some amount it the problem can be resolved.

is your PS2 still under warranty?

Call the number: 25211050 (bangalore)

Give them the model number and spare part description and they will let you know if they have the spare part in stock or not.

OP
S

slash_89

Thnx buddy :)
will try.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I contacted customer care and this is pretty dissapointing,

There is'nt any "Authorised" service centre for PS2, if the product has a snag Sony will replace it only if it is under WARRANTY and if purchased in India,

Well if your PS2 is modded your on your own,

I was told to give it to an "Unauthorised" service centre.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom