"Prosperity can't happen in democracy"

Renny

Padawan
Democracy = A guaranteed way to keep India in poverty and make India never reach its true potential, what can one expect from democracy when the majority of voters are uneducated and even the educated ones look mainly at caste, sops etc?

The bottom line is even if there were some other form of government our situation would be the same if not worse,
MOST of the politicians and bureaucrats lack integrity and a vision for development, all they do is find ways of making money for themselves and their future generations.

We got independence from the British only to be enslaved again by our own corrupt people.

tkin

Back to school!!
Democracy = A guaranteed way to keep India in poverty and make India never reach its true potential, what can one expect from democracy when the majority of voters are uneducated and even the educated ones look mainly at caste, sops etc?

The bottom line is even if there were some other form of government our situation would be the same if not worse,
MOST of the politicians and bureaucrats lack integrity and a vision for development, all they do is find ways of making money for themselves and their future generations.

We got independence from the British only to be enslaved again by our own corrupt people.
This, for example promise someone a cow and he will gladly give you a vote, a trend very popular in in the south, votes are being bought, not earned.

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
I read in an article once (cannot find link, will post as soon as I find it) that the Indian constitution is based upon the Government of India Act of 1935, which the British had rolled out. Therefore, today, only the rulers have changed, everything else remains the same, if not gone worse.

revolt

Banned
Posting stuff is not going to do much change.I think all the like minded people.(most of the posters here) should meet or gather somewhere else.

doomgiver

Warframe
Blow up the telegraph poles!!!!
Explode a barrel of gunpowder near the parliament!!!

WTF??? IT MADE ALL MY LETTERS TO LOWERCASE???
what is this witchcraft?!?!?!

isaac12345

Journeyman
"Prosperity can't happen in democracy"

This is what I'm realizing everyday. How wrong am I?

Very. Just look at the recent histories of countries like ones in Europe. They are very prosperous as compared to India. But on the other hand so is Singapore or Dubai which are dictatorships. So in short, this questios needs more researching. :)

Top Bottom