Status
Not open for further replies.

orc

n00b
vinaych said:
Hey orc,
Try this number..
RT Outsourcing: 080 41529302.
Ask for Mr. Babu.. if he is not there, ask for Mr. Vishwanadh..tell your problem to them.. they might help you.

@nishant: Which monitor have you decided to buy?
Thanks vinay, I will try that now itself.

madassinhell

Broken In
i called my dealer and he said he will replace my monitor...:)
i hope everything works out well....

which monitor should i exchange it for??....VG1930?? or some Samsung or LG??

plz help me out i have no idea how are Samsung monitors...

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
vinaych said:
Which monitor have you decided to buy?

man im really confused right now...
but iv narrowed my choices to,
1.HP W1907,

2.Samsung -SyncMaster 932B Plus,
SyncMaster 206BW, and
SyncMaster 971P.

pls suggest guys....

OP
vinaych

vinaych

Broken In
With the LCDs having these kinds of problems..
I'm only looking for a brand which has better support through out India..

HP w1907 -- looks can kill :) (My choice among ur options, nishant)

drafter

Broken In
i'd second the hp w1907, the 19' version of the oft-praised w2207. not sure if you have HP L2045w there, but xtknight (author of the anandtech LCD thread) recommends it. how much is the w1907 there?

OP
vinaych

vinaych

Broken In
I'm in a dilemma!!

HP w1907:
Glossy screen
16.2 M color
ONE yr warranty
No TCO std. mentioned

Dell E198WFP:
Antiglare Screen
16.7 M color
THREE yr warranty
TCO '03 compliant

If a person like me, who uses the monitor for maily web surfing and movies, what should he prefer from the above???

Suggestions please.

Don't know abt. the price of the w1907,
Dell site lists the price of E198wfp as some 15K+ (this price is with taxes)!!
The Dell's price could be reduced based on one's bargaining skills :D

drafter

Broken In
vinay, i'd get the hp w1907 because of the glossy screen. it will give videos a sheen to it, making the colors look more vibrant. anti-glare are matte screens, so colors will look muted compared to glossy ones. hp lcd monitors are also known to have good screen unformity with little to no backlight bleeding, better than most lcd monitors from other manufacturers. Dell has released some bad monitors of late, like the 2407wfp (rtc issues) and 2007wfp (gradient banding).

don't mind the 16.7M vs 16.2M colors. don't know if you have to be concerned about warranty length with HP lcd monitors. i've not heard anything negative about HP durability.

Last edited:

janitha

Wise Old Owl
Quote:-

"HP w1907:
Glossy screen
16.2 M color
ONE yr warranty
No TCO std. mentioned"

At a time when complaints with LCDs are so common, I think one should go for a monitor with 3 years warranty since most of the brands come with that. Even the oft quoted VS has 3 years warranty.

madassinhell

Broken In
is samsung lcds better then lg ones??.....is viewsonic lcds really that bad or we are the unlucky ones that got a bad VS??.....

plz suggest any good samsung lcd...19' ws...:)

orc

n00b
madassinhell said:
is samsung lcds better then lg ones??.....is viewsonic lcds really that bad or we are the unlucky ones that got a bad VS??.....

plz suggest any good samsung lcd...19' ws...:)
Viewsonic might not be bad. But they are recently into this lcd buisness copared to samsung, lg and others and guess they are still in experimental stages. and strange it might seem, I would prefer not to go to samsung also. they are popular because they have a wide range of cost effective products and can never match up with others in terms of performance.

drafter

Broken In
samsung and LG make their own lcd panels. with some of its recent models, samsung outsourced making of the panels. hence, this whole panel lottery issue with samsung 226bw--there were three versions of panels that came out, one made by Samsung (the best version), one by AU, and the other by Chi Mei (the least desirable).

Many TN panels used by Viewsonic and others come from Chi Mei. My VG1930wm is a Chi Mei panel.

harsha

Broken In
I ask few dealers now it seems View Sonic is the only one comes with 3 yrs std warrenty :p rest all 1 year :(

now when I skope to a local service man, he said :p pratically the TFTs are use and through as they cant be repaired out side of the company service center because of un-available or really costly parts and skilled technician :( !!! :( :(

So View Sonic still seems logical option when I am going to spend a 11k on a product :( i did hear dell have a 5 yrs warrenty plan but on sellected models and with extra charge :(

drafter

Broken In
samsung, lg, vs, etc offer the same 3-year warranty. it's pretty much the norm. probably the dealers you've talked to just want to get rid of their VS stocks. some shops handle warranty this way. within a year, you can bring it to the shop and they will handle the return. beyond that, you bring it directly to the distributor.

used TFTs? you mean they'll be replacing it with used units. even after you've just bought the defective unit for a week or two? more reason in the first place to get from a manufacturer with a good track record and good customer support. a longer warranty is nice. but if it's use to cover for shabby manufacturing and QC process, then it's not really better, is it?

@madassin
either monitor costs less than i assume what you paid for the vx1932. not only that, if you get the vg1930 and you want to use dvi input, you will have to buy yourself a dvi cable (between 250-600 Rs i guess, depends on the quality) koz it's not included in the package. i'd push for a refund if you can. store credit could be good also (depends on what's available in the store). just not a 1 for 1 replacement, koz you will not get the same monetary equivalent.

Last edited:

drafter

Broken In
hehe. that's another way to do it.

the 940nw is an older model with only vga input. the 940bw has both vga and dvi input, more at par with the vg1930. but the 940bw comes with a dvi cable, afaik. some users report their 940bw developing a tilt problem over time. it's covered by warranty, but i'm not sure how samsung support is. only the 940bw supports hdcp among the three.

do they carry HP's in the store? you probably can ask them to get one for you. also check out LG monitors, probably L194WT (same price range as the 940bw). not saying these are perfect monitors, but from what i've read, seem to have less (and no serious) issues than the others.

madassinhell

Broken In
okay...will do today....after searching around...ive also seen that many vg1930 owners are very satisfied with their LCD...so if no LG or Samsung ill try and get 1930....

drafter

Broken In
yes there are. just as there are good 940bw with no tilt problems. i guess you have to ask yourself which manufacturer you feel you can trust to part with your hard-earned cash. as they say, once burn, twice shy. my case, twice burned, never another viewsonic.

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
well guys,
just went to Tauras computer(Bhopal, M.P.) and they are giving HP W1907 for Rs.17000!!!! Loot rahe Hai Bhai!!!
Is This price the real price???
and
im still in search for the prices of,
Samsung - SyncMaster 932B Plus, SyncMaster 206BW, and SyncMaster 971P.
and the real price of HP W1907(this monitor is really Hot Yaar!!!).

just got latest price of HP W1907 Rs.16000 and
Samsung 206BW Rs.15000.
how r these prices??? (From Bhopal M.P.)

Last edited:

drafter

Broken In
xbitlabs review of the 206bw doesn't look good (bad rtc errors)
*www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/display/20inch-4_21.html
The RTC error average is 15.7%. This is quite a lot and the resulting artifacts are going to be not just visible, but disturbing. The maximum error is as gross as 92.7%.
the similar-looking 19' 931bw has lesser rtc errors (still a bit noticeable, especially if you look for it).
*www.youtube.com/watch?v=Twa4rYuLpXU

i don't know why hp lcd's are priced higher (vs other brands) here in south asia. they're good monitors but yes price may be higher by as much as 30%. question is, are they worth the premium in price?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom