Problem with Viewsonic VX1932wm LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

drafter

Broken In
harsha, thanks for the link. we finally got a review on a wm-3--still has bad rtc issues.

vg1930wm is ok (pushing aside poor VS technical support; to be fair, i don't know how LG and Samsung is either). features-wise compared with the 19' I mentioned in my previous post, it lacks two things--a DVI cable and HDCP support. HDCP support is not really a major thing for me. I use DVI input so obviously not having to buy one is good.

again, audition these monitors first. you may find that you like the VG screen better, as some do. it becomes subjective from here, as i cannot find any objective reviews (like from xbitlabs or prad.de) of these monitors on the web.

orc

n00b
drafter said:
harsha, thanks for the link. we finally got a review on a wm-3--still has bad rtc issues.
Oh my God! I think then there's no other option other than to ask for a refund. I don't want a lesser cost model and they have no other better 19' one.

Last edited:

drafter

Broken In
just got the vg1930 as replacement. damn, the unit seems to have another set of problems. the corners and top sides of the screen are tad darker than the rest. i don't know if this will resolve itself over a few days. there's also another problem--'color adjust' settings in the OSD menu appear to be faulty as well. haven't tested dvi input, since it does not come with a DVI cable.

freakin viewsonic!!! do they or their distros provide any sort of QA over their products? it seems it gets worse with warranty replacements. i cannot help but to think their disgusting tactic is wearing down the customer to accept a substandard piece of crap.

this is definitely the last viewsonic i'll ever get!!!

orc

n00b
drafter said:
just got the vg1930 as replacement. damn, the unit seems to have another set of problems. the corners and top sides of the screen are tad darker than the rest. i don't know if this will resolve itself over a few days. there's also another problem--'color adjust' settings in the OSD menu appear to be faulty as well. haven't tested dvi input, since it does not come with a DVI cable.

freakin viewsonic!!! do they or their distros provide any sort of QA over their products? it seems it gets worse with warranty replacements. i cannot help but to think their disgusting tactic is wearing down the customer to accept a substandard piece of crap.

this is definitely the last viewsonic i'll ever get!!!
Damn! viewsonic really sucks man. Since you found the fault immeditaly, why don't you aks for a replacement from the distributor?

drafter

Broken In
i should. i'm just so sick and tired of bringing the unit to the store again so they can return it to the distro. and going back and checking it again.

problem is, it's impossible to test and catch everything in the store. to some extent, you'd have to assume good faith on the part of the distro and manufacturer. i actually saw the darker corners in the shop, but thought it to be minor. when i was setting it up in my place, tweaking the contrast/brightness, i realized otherwise. when calibrating, i encountered the other problem.

do yourselves a favor guys and get a refund (seems you have stronger consumer protection regulations there). those who plan to get a viewsonic, here's a piece of valuable advice--DON'T! unless you think you can test for everything in the store. koz if you get a lemon unit, be prepared for major, major hassle.

spitfire

Gizmo Freak !
I am joinig in............
Yesterday my 1932 strated giving grainy display.Took it to the shop..and wow wow wow....the salesman told me that half the 1932s are developing some kind of problems within 1month of purchase.........

Wish I bought a samsung....ufffff....no more viewsonic for me !!!!!!!!!!:-x:-x:-x:-x:-x

OP
vinaych

vinaych

Broken In
Welcome to the league, spitfire :)

Guys, I didn't get any replacement for my monitor today.. (customer care said that I would get one today or they would talk to the dealer and give my refund)
Can only deal this matter on Monday.. i really can't wait till then..!

I really hope to get the refund and buy a GOOD monitor this time..
also, looking through the consumer grieviance site.. Just in case :)

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
Thanks. vinay, drafter and harsha for ur replys,
and sorry to c vinay not getting his monitor today also:(
so,
its final im going with samsung or asus, No Viewsonic....
plz if u have any perticular suggestion plz do tell me, coz i will be placing my order on monday and it will take them 3day for any monitor...
So,plz reply fast
and could any 1 tell me whats the price of samsung SyncMaster 932B Plus
and SyncMaster 206BW and SyncMaster 971P.
thanx

madassinhell

Broken In
i got my VX1932 today....i found tat after coming home and browsing i have the same trailing from th pointers and text issues...:(

is there any fix or should i also try for an replacement...

after soooo long i get my comp and in 3 hrs i see my monitor is crappy...:(

drafter

Broken In
@nishant
i don't know about asus lcd's, but i've heard there's one earlier 22' asus model (mw22 something) that had really bad overshoot. here are some reviews of 19' from xbitlabs that may help--
*www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/display/19inch-7.html
*www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/display/19inch-6.html
*www.xbitlabs.com/articles/other/display/19inch-5.html

@madassinhell
there are no fixes. ask for a refund and buy something else.

orc

n00b
vinay, Atleast you had a talk with their customer support. I am like kinda shut off from them. Their crappy number won't work (it's been a million times since I have tried now) and they won't reply to mails too:(
Want to take them to the court too, for being non-responsive, if there's such a provision for that.

@madassinhell Why did you buy that? You should have gone through some reviews before.
and googling would have led you here too. There's no fix for that and get a refund immeditely.
It should'nt be a problem at all for you since it's only been a day now.

I have also asked the admin if we can start a 'keep away from these' thread so that people can avoid costly mistakes. waiting for the reply.

Last edited:
OP
vinaych

vinaych

Broken In
Hey orc, where do you stay?
Try to see if there is RT Outsourcing office in your place.. If there is one, call them and tell your problem, and ask them to connect to the customer care..

and, you are trying the number from BSNL landline...right??

I'm not sure about the consumer court thing in your case...just take a look at *www.consumergrievance.com/icrpc.org.ammendment2002.htm

I very much hope, we get refund for the crappy products we got..

That is a nice idea, drafter.. Telling the admin about a special thread..
What about your VG1930??

friends, assuming I'm getting my refund.. I've decide on these 3 monitors :)
Just look into them, if you have time and please give your suggestions.. thanks
HP w1907
Dell E198WFP
Asus VW192T

Now, there are problems with LCDs of any brand.. So, I feel it is better to buy one from a brand whose service is good. I know that HP and Dell have very good service (If someone has a sour experience w.r.t these, please tell)
I have no idea how the service of Asus is?!

Last edited:

orc

n00b
vinaych said:
Hey orc, where do you stay?
Try to see if there is RT Outsourcing office in your place.. If there is one, call them and tell your problem, and ask them to connect to the customer care..

and, you are trying the number from BSNL landline...right??

I'm not sure about the consumer court thing in your case...just take a look at *www.consumergrievance.com/icrpc.org.ammendment2002.htm

I very much hope, we get refund for the crappy products we got..

That is a nice idea, drafter.. Telling the admin about a special thread..
What about your VG1930??

friends, assuming I'm getting my refund.. I've decide on these 3 monitors :)
Just look into them, if you have time and please give your suggestions.. thanks
HP w1907
Dell E198WFP
Asus VW192T

Now, there are problems with LCDs of any brand.. So, I feel it is better to buy one from a brand whose service is good. I know that HP and Dell have very good service (If someone has a sour experience w.r.t these, please tell)
I have no idea how the service of Asus is?!
Vinay, I am from bangalore too. and tried from bsnl only. Sometimes I get a busy tone and sometimes just gets disconnected.

madassinhell

Broken In
tweaked the contrast and brightness settings and the pointer ghosting in the white background is kinda gone but the problem is really when in gray background...:(

orc

n00b
@Nishanth, I am not sure about it. Will try contacting a friend of mine and let you know tomorrow.

@madassinhell, that's where the tearing and ghosting becomes obvious. Also try opening some pdf files. I could notice ghosting for text also in some of the pdfs.

Last edited:
OP
vinaych

vinaych

Broken In
Hey orc,
Try this number..
RT Outsourcing: 080 41529302.
Ask for Mr. Babu.. if he is not there, ask for Mr. Vishwanadh..tell your problem to them.. they might help you.

@nishant: Which monitor have you decided to buy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom