Problem with Viewsonic VX1932wm LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

orc

n00b
drafter said:
any update guys? vinay, got your unit replaced?
Nope. Not yet. I have been trying to call them - no luck. Have mailed them - no replies yet.
Let's see what vinay has to say.

drafter

Broken In
i received an email from a local viewsonic distributor. haven't been able to bring the unit to their place though. it seems viewsonic is not aware of (or won't just admit to) having these issues with their vx1932wm.

hope we all get 'fixed' replacement units, or a different model (vx1935wm or vg1930wm perhaps) if there's none. i'll post what happens next.

OP
vinaych

vinaych

Broken In
Hey guys, No replacement yet or no call from any Technical person from Viewsonic!!
Was a bit busy today, shall call up customer care tmrw again and ask..

This thread is the 3rd result if you do a Google search for 'Viewsonic VX1932wm'
Check out.. :)

Last edited:

orc

n00b
vinaych said:
Hey guys, No replacement yet or no call from any Technical person from Viewsonic!!
Was a bit busy today, shall call up customer care tmrw again and ask..

This thread is the 3rd result if you do a Google search for 'Viewsonic VX1932wm'
Check out.. :)
So I think it would have been better if this post was titled 'Don't buy viewsonic'. Seems their after sales support is pathetic. We should have gone for some other like samsung. Atleast they are into this lcd thing for long.

Last edited:

drafter

Broken In
i wouldn't recommend this model to anyone. after-sales and warranty support is really a pain in the ass. orc, i wonder why they gave you an early march 1 unit as replacement. i should think they have stock units from later dates.

i already requested a different model, as i don't want to gamble with another vx1932. i just hope i get a new and good unit this time.

orc

n00b
drafter said:
i wouldn't recommend this model to anyone. after-sales and warranty support is really a pain in the ass. orc, i wonder why they gave you an early march 1 unit as replacement. i should think they have stock units from later dates.

i already requested a different model, as i don't want to gamble with another vx1932. i just hope i get a new and good unit this time.
Since I got the unit replaced at the vendor's place itself, I think he gave me an old stock. If only I knew about the -3 then I would have insisted on it.
I am thinking the same too. get a different model instead of this one.

I have noticed these now:
Where ever there is a graident color in webpages, theres this tearing and flickring when scrolled.
Closely observing I can see ghosting caused by moving the cursor rapidly. Becomes obvious especially with a gray background.
And the progress bar in thunderbird leaves the ghosting/tearing effect.

I wouldn't suggest this one for anyone too.

Last edited:

drafter

Broken In
yep, on certain background colors, you'll see bright white trails even when you move the cursor. the tearing/flickering is not only evident with gradients but also (if not more so) on interlaced backgrounds. i've asked someone who knows this stuff and he said it's all definitely RTC-related.

we're not even sure about the wm-3 version or late wm-1's. it's better i think to get a different model--from the VG or VA series perhaps, or a vx1935wm (which looks like the vx1932 sans rtc overdrive) if its available. you don't want to endure another round of this. and also since we've yet to confirm from vs or from definitive user feedback that this problem has been fixed. those who have had 'good' vx1932wm seem to have ceased posting.

if i had any other choice, i'd just get a refund and buy some other brand like LG.

Last edited:

..:: Free Radical ::..

The Transcendental
Thank you guys for the discussion.
I certainly won't buy any Viewsonic now and shall bring this up whenever Viewsonic is mentioned.
Hope you guys get your money's worth. Viewsonic peeps.... u listening?
I hate it when these ph0ren countries dump their crap in our country.
They should take their consumer base seriously.

OP
vinaych

vinaych

Broken In
Hi guys,
This is what has been happening since yesterday with my case..

Called the Customer care yesterday afternoon..
1) Told him that, it has been two weeks that the engineer has come and there has been any action taken since then.
2) Asked the guy about wm-3 series monitors.
3) Asked him reg. RTC problems and the presence of any hidden menu.

Now, i don't know if any other company's Tech. support is this worst!!!

The guy couldn't give proper answers.. he finally gave me the local service guy's number and said, "Sir, please check with your local office.. you can contact them directly, and know your answers" :mad::mad:

The matter that there are MANY problems with VX1932wm-1 doesn't seem to penetrate their minds..

After that, I called the guy here at Bangalore..
It seemed like he just then woke up on my issue.. He made me hold the line for 10 mins.. and finally, he said that he would call me within half-an-hour..

I didn't get any call from them after that... darn service man..

Today, morning I again called the local office.. The person said, the monitor has arrived.. and some ppl have gone to collect it from the distributor, and that my unit will be replaced by today evening.

I asked them about the mfg. date.. The guy said, he would give me a call reg. that. But, I have no patience now!

I'm not going to take the unit if it is a wm-1 **** again.

@drafter: There is no VX1935 in India!! If we could ask for other VS models as a replacement, what model do you prefer??

There is no peace after buying this Viewsonic monitor, man.. Service sucks.. no doubt in that..

If I get the wm-1 again, I shall ask for a refund.. if they deny, I'm going to the Consumer Court :) :)

orc

n00b
You shouldn't have agreed to call the local guy yourself. They should have checked it themselves and updated you. Will they now pay for all your calls to the local guy?

You should have them directly that you would go to the consumer court if you didn't recieve the 1932w-3 model by whatever time they had specified.
And do you know of any 1932wm-3 owner? As drafter mentioned, it would be better to check it and then decide if we would want to ask for a refund.

drafter

Broken In
vinay, browsed the vs india site, near equivalent models would be the vg1930wm and va1926wm. of course, features-wise they're not the same as the vx series. of the two, i've only seen a vg1930wm firsthand--it doesnt have these tearing/flickering/halo issues.

the va model doesn't have speakers. both models have DVI but don't come with DVI cables supplied, and also do not support HDCP. afaik, both are true 5ms TN panels, so they're not likely to have these overdrive problems (vx1932wm is a 5ms panel overdriven to 2ms GTG.)

both are slightly cheaper than vx1932wm. price-wise, we have
vx1932wm > vg1930wm > va1926wm. so you really don't get your money's worth equivalent. you can probably opt for a bigger model but then you'd be shelling out additional cash. if you're going for a bigger model, get the cheapest model. i think there's no practical difference between the VG and VA aside from the speakers and the physical looks.

best if you can have it refunded, considering their crappy support. imagine going through this process again with them. but i don't think that's going to happen since you're returning it for warranty, so a different model could be the sane option here.

Last edited:

orc

n00b
drafter said:
vinay, browsed the vs india site, near equivalent models would be the vg1930wm and va1926wm. of course, features-wise they're not the same as the vx series. of the two, i've only seen a vg1930wm firsthand--it doesnt have these tearing/flickering/halo issues.

the va model doesn't have speakers. both models have DVI but don't come with DVI cables supplied, and also do not support HDCP. afaik, both are true 5ms TN panels, so they're not likely to have these overdrive problems (vx1932wm is a 5ms panel overdriven to 2ms GTG.)

both are slightly cheaper than vx1932wm. price-wise, we have
vx1932wm > vg1930wm> va1926wm. so you really don't get your money's worth equivalent. you can probably opt for a bigger model but then you'd be shelling out additional cash. if you're going for a bigger model, get the cheapest model. i think there's no difference between the VG and VA aside from the speakers and the physical looks.

the best option is to have it refunded. but i don't think that's going to happen since you're returning it for warranty. you can ask though.
Drafter, is 5ms response time adequate for gaming purposes?

drafter

Broken In
you'll not perceive any major (and likely none at all) ghosting with a 5ms. personally i think the 2ms thing is more marketing than anything. it's not really true 2ms btw. browse these reviews from prad.de site--*www.prad.de/en/monitore/reviews.html

read the review (in particular the 'responsiveness' section) on hp w2207, which is a 5ms panel. also the acer x222w. you'll find they've not found any problems using them for gaming.

OP
vinaych

vinaych

Broken In
I don't know anyone who has a 1932wm-3 one!!
VA 1926w seems fine..

I would defintely try for the refund..
have to wait till today evening..

nishantv2003

We Both Have a Mouse!!!
sorry for being a litle off the topic,

i was searching for this model in np delhi didnt got it now im gettin it from indore(m.p.) the distributer is gettin from China!!! he said it will take 3days!!!(for Rs.11400)
now,
seing all this probs im confused,
i want to buy a 19" lcd
which 1 to go 4 after seing so much prob in the monitor who every one suggested....
plz help

OP
vinaych

vinaych

Broken In
Hey Nishant.. just don't buy a ViewSonic..

Called the local office here..my replacement unit hasn't come to the distributor in B'lore yet, itseems..

After a heated discussion with the Customer care.. they asked me to wait till tmrw,
and incase I'm not getting a replacemnt by tmrw, they said that they will be telling the dealer to give my money back..

I hope i don't get a replacement and have my money back instead.

*www.consumergrievance.com/

@sai_cool: dude, whatz up with you? did you get the replacement??

orc

n00b
vinaych said:
Hey Nishant.. just don't buy a ViewSonic..

Called the local office here..my replacement unit hasn't come to the distributor in B'lore yet, itseems..

After a heated discussion with the Customer care.. they asked me to wait till tmrw,
and incase I'm not getting a replacemnt by tmrw, they said that they will be telling the dealer to give my money back..

I hope i don't get a replacement and have my money back instead.

*www.consumergrievance.com/

@sai_cool: dude, whatz up with you? did you get the replacement??
Haven't you said in your previous replies that sat was off for these service guys? If so how could they promise it to you tomorrow?
anyways, it would be great if they refund the money.

drafter

Broken In
hi nishant,

I don't know what's available in your area. It's mostly limited to cheaper TN panels from LG, Samsung, Viewsonic, Acer, HP, and AOC where I'm from. So I'll be missing on some really good monitors from NEC, Dell, etc. please check the anandtech LCD thread (it's really the best lcd primer i've come across):
*forums.anandtech.com/messageview.aspx?catid=31&threadid=2049206&enterthread=y

for whatever it's worth, i'd consider these two (which is more or less priced the same as vx1932): LG L194WT and Samsung 932GW (glossy screen).

i've ruled out the samsung 931bw and 940bw (which you may also want to check out for yourself). based on user feedback, 931bw has some noticeable rtc ghosting errors (an xbitlabs review bear this out also). the 940bw uses RTC with hardly noticeable side-effects. over time, the problem some users have reported is a tilting problem with the stand. you can turn rtc off in current samsung monitors, but it only remains so until the monitor is switched off.

932gw is the newest 19' from samsung. i don't have any feedback either way on rtc issues. the specs look good though. 16.7M colors vs 16.2M on the others. it also has a glossy panel if you're into that thing. the LG L194wt looks like the safe choice (no rtc with this one). it's also cheaper. both have HDCP support.

if you want to go 22', i'd get the hp w2207, unless you have a problem with glossy panels (some people may not be comfortable with glare inherent in glossy screens, but text and images generally will look sharper and colors more vivid.).

If you require more than a TN panel (to do some graphics work), you'd need to look towards units from NEC, Eizo, Ilyama, etc. There's some good but not too expensive non-TN monitors recommended in the anandtech link above, but availability is the problem. I found only one model available in our area. it's the viewsonic (gasp!) vx2025, a 20' MVA panel monitor. It's an older model so the price has gone down substantially, now around the same only as a 22' TN panel LCD. the model has reported DVI configuration problems though (but i think it's nothing major since i've read there's some software tool for fixing it).

as a final note, if you can, audition all the candidate monitors first before deciding on one.

Last edited:

harsha

Broken In
why dont u consider the View Sonic vg1930 monitor ?? I am also looking to buy and cheta bhai did say that vg is better than vx1932 and its cheaper too, found it in his web site *www.chotocheeta.com/2007/10/05/quick-review-super-flop-view-sonic-vx1932wm/

is vg1930 good ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom