Problem with Viewsonic VX1932wm LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.

S!D

Monster Truck
Cud u just try one last thing..
the best way to make sure that this is not a problem with any component in the CPU.. can u try an external TV Tuner card which is compatible to LCD's..
if u dont own one, see if u can push ur vendor to lend u one for testing.

If this does not work..u need to ask the vendor to get it replaced..period.
--------------
Please lemme know if this worked..as I have stated earlier, I have the same model, and it is working fine:rolleyes:..so it seems like your's is one odd manufacturing defect.:(

OP
vinaych

vinaych

Broken In
I have the problem in safe mode too!
and the VGA cable pins seem fine..

hey SID, i don't think my Vendor is going to let me borrow a TV Tuner Card..!

I'm waiting for the Viewsonic Engineer to turn up.. He should be coming today!! (hopefully..)

S!D

Monster Truck
sai_cool said:
dude, two people here are havin the same prob, btw, when did u buy ur monitor?
I got mine on the 3rd of this month..
this model has such good specs:
2000:1 CR
2 MS resp. time
and awesome looks which complement my entire desktop.
i was kinda awestruck that they r selling it so low compared to the features.
i guess they cudnt fit such Hi-end feats in a budget base. hence the initial problems.

but i've read somewhere that the first batch of these were in fact defective.. and they had stopped production.
but the latest batch ones are ok...like mine i guess.:D
lets see if mine keeps runnin ok..only time shall tell.
otherwise, u always have the warranty:).

DD3030

Broken In
S!D said:
I got mine on the 3rd of this month..
this model has such good specs:
2000:1 CR
2 MS resp. time
and awesome looks which complement my entire desktop.
i was kinda awestruck that they r selling it so low compared to the features.
i guess they cudnt fit such Hi-end feats in a budget base. hence the initial problems.

but i've read somewhere that the first batch of these were in fact defective.. and they had stopped production.
but the latest batch ones are ok...like mine i guess.:D
lets see if mine keeps runnin ok..only time shall tell.
otherwise, u always have the warranty:).

@Vinaych & Sai-Cool, can you tell us when did you buy yours, actually, I was planning to buy VX1932WM, but after reading your message I have other ideas now :rolleyes:

OP
vinaych

vinaych

Broken In
Hey DD3030, I got it on 11th September!

ViewSonic SERVICE sucks, man!!:mad: Thatz another story.. cannot write about that now..
I don't know when Mr. VS Engineer will be showing his gracious presence on my doorstep..

All I face now is mental agony!

If someone has ViewSonic's Bangalore Office/Service Center phone number..please, please give it.. ( I doubt, if they have any Office as such here!)

Thanks..

Last edited:

GabbarSingh

Right off the assembly line
Sai cool & Vinaych:

I am quite sure you folks would have tried this but I am mentioning it just in case.
Did you try installing the software on Viewsonic CD that came along with the monitor??

In my case, though it perhaps did not update any drivers (for my Ge6150 Integrated Graphics board) it did set some things which allowed me to just pick 1440x900 res. from the Display... menu. I was actually thinking I would have to add it as a custom resolution as it was not showing up earlier.

So it may be worthwhile to just try installing the s/w from Viewsonic CD if you have not tried that already.

orc

n00b
I also bought the Vx1932wm just today. Just when I thought it to be working great a thin vertical line is appearing on the left side of my desktop. It seems to be fading and brightening gradually. And sometimes it disappears. Its been just 2 hours since I'm having it :( Is viewsonic so problematic? And what am I supposed to do about this once in a while line? Go for an exchange?
Edit: The once in a while line has become permanent now. I also can see them in the bios setup. So can it be that the problem is with the lcd itself?

Last edited:
OP
vinaych

vinaych

Broken In
Hey Orc,
Since you bought the monitor only yesterday.. just, tell your Vendor..
He might help you with it.. (give you a replacement, possibly!)

janitha

Wise Old Owl
1)Try VS toll free number (1800 11 9999), register complaint by giving details of problem and the serial number and don't forget to get the RMA number. Most probably their representative will come to your place the next day to take the monitor to their service centre. (Most of the days the toll free number doesn't work)
2)Send complaint as a mail to them
Service@in.viewsonic.com
In my case mail to register complaint was never replied but once I got RMA no., enquiries by mail were replied to. I had problems twice with same monitor and on both occasions the monitor was replaced with a new one, first time within 10 days and second time within 25 days.

DD3030

Broken In
janitha said:
1)Try VS toll free number (1800 11 9999), register complaint by giving details of problem and the serial number and don't forget to get the RMA number. Most probably their representative will come to your place the next day to take the monitor to their service centre. (Most of the days the toll free number doesn't work)
Service@in.viewsonic.com
In my case mail to register complaint was never replied but once I got RMA no., enquiries by mail were replied to. I had problems twice with same monitor and on both occasions the monitor was replaced with a new one, first time within 10 days and second time within 25 days.

Hi Janitha, how is your new VX922 working after 2 replacements? Any problem at all? See, basically I want a good problem free monitor with low response time, so I had shortlisted VX922 and VX1932. Widescreen or not is not an issue with me, I like both normal and widescreen equally. Now that VX1932 is having so many complaints, I would like to know your frank opinion on your third VX922... how do you feel now?

VA1912W is also very easily available. Anybody having this one please give your views. It is w/o DVI (VA1912WB is with DVI but not available, neither is VG921M).

There are so many Viewsonic models in 19" itself, but only few are widely available. Whatever is problem free the dealers probably push that. Is it wiser to go for whatever is easily available, like VG1930WM or VA1912W? Problem is, I don't like VG1930WM's looks, specially it's fat belly and it's speakers - who wants that?:mad:

To confuse me even more :p, can someone suggest a decent 19" of any other brand?:-D

janitha

Wise Old Owl
DD3030 said:
Hi Janitha, how is your new VX922 working after 2 replacements? Any problem at all? See, basically I want a good problem free monitor with low response time, so I had shortlisted VX922 and VX1932. Widescreen or not is not an issue with me, I like both normal and widescreen equally. Now that VX1932 is having so many complaints, I would like to know your frank opinion on your third VX922... how do you feel now?

VA1912W is also very easily available. Anybody having this one please give your views. It is w/o DVI (VA1912WB is with DVI but not available, neither is VG921M).

There are so many Viewsonic models in 19" itself, but only few are widely available. Whatever is problem free the dealers probably push that. Is it wiser to go for whatever is easily available, like VG1930WM or VA1912W? Problem is, I don't like VG1930WM's looks, specially it's fat belly and it's speakers - who wants that?:mad:

To confuse me even more :p, can someone suggest a decent 19" of any other brand?:-D

Despite the problems which occurred, its performance is very good and comes with all cables. It is listed at theitwares.com for 10.5K. (Had bought it for 17.75K one year back.)

orc

n00b
janitha said:
Service@in.viewsonic.com
Finally I got a replacement from the vendor (although the vendor I bought from referred me to his distributor), and I am typing this in the new one. I was told that any problem within a week could be replaced there itself. Beyond a week, I would have to call up viewsonic.
Hopefully this one doesn't give any problem. Just praying it won't.

OP
vinaych

vinaych

Broken In
The VS engineer said, the problem is with my monitor.. he also said, he has seen this problem with another person here in Bangalore..
He said that it would be replaced in 2-3 days...
I'm waiting for the NEW one :)

heyy DD3030, check out ASUS VW192T..
or Dell UltraSharp 1907FP

drafter

Broken In
just got a vx1932wm. it's from an earlier batch with a manufacturing date of april 2007. stand is not all black but has a middle gray portion similar to vx1935 and vx2235. user guide from the cd marks it as vx1932wm-1 (current version marks it as vx1932wm-3).

noticed a couple of problems upon browsing certain sites. first is with *www.friendster.com/. the site has a light-brown to white gradient background with thin, light gray diagonal lines. when scrolling down by dragging the vertical scrollbar, i notice the lower portion flickers and sometimes shows a purplish tint. it's more apparent when you drag the bar up and down very quickly.

second is in *shopping.msn.com/. it has gray gradient from dark to light. but this time when dragging the scrollbar, the dark gray top portion shows some 'tearing' or 'streaking' of sorts, with bands of horizontal lines in different tints flashing across that area.

is this a normal thing with vx1932 lcd's? it be great if you guys could check with your vx1932. :)

don't know where exactly the problem lies. tried vga input and the problems still there.

thanks in advance.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
done some research and i think i know what the problem is--RTC artifacts.

RTC (response time compensation) is used on lcd panels to drive lower response times in the current TN panels. ironic thing is, while it addresses traditional ghosting issues, it's created a worse problem not unlike ghosting.

while trying to calibrate the lcd, i realize the purplish tint was more of a color calibration issue. the real problem was RTC errors on this 2ms TN panel. even dragging the browser scrollbar down at a moderate pace, i see web text and borders display bright shadows trailing underneath.

some LCDs have better RTC implementations than others. it may very well be that the newer vx1932wm's have this.

has anybody got the same problem? is this covered by viewsonic warranty?

Last edited:
OP
vinaych

vinaych

Broken In
Hey drafter,
I tried what you told in your post..

1) I couldn't make out much difference with the friendster page.
2) There were distinct color bands/fringes in the MSN page with even moderate scrolling.. same with my monitor as you have mentioned in ur case.
3) and ya, it did fail in the 4a and 4b test cases!!

Well, my monitor is already faulty... asked for a replacement.
The guy said that there no 1932's available with the distributor and that I have to wait for 3 more days!!!!
Hope I get the 1932wm-3 series one :)

orc

n00b
vinaych said:
Hey drafter,
I tried what you told in your post..

1) I couldn't make out much difference with the friendster page.
2) There were distinct color bands/fringes in the MSN page with even moderate scrolling.. same with my monitor as you have mentioned in ur case.
3) and ya, it did fail in the 4a and 4b test cases!!

Well, my monitor is already faulty... asked for a replacement.
The guy said that there no 1932's available with the distributor and that I have to wait for 3 more days!!!!
Hope I get the 1932wm-3 series one :)
Hey guys,
I checked my manual. Mine is the 1932wm-1 series too. And it did have the same effects as drafter mentioned.
For the friendster page the the flickering was moderate.
But the msn site was worse. Just like you both of yours, even a moderate scrolling showed the horizontals bars tearing off. But the texts and borders did not leave any shadows.
I am now wondering if this is a generic problem with lcds or did we do a mistake by choosing viewsonic.

vinay, is it possible for you to please ask your service guy if these tearing problems are covered under warranty? It would be useful for both of us.

Last edited:

drafter

Broken In
thanks vinaych. i don't seem to have the halo problem though watching divx and hd videos. but i can certainly see it being another manifestation of the RTC artifact problem.

btw when was your vx1932 manufactured?

i've read a similar RTC problem with the LG L226WTQ which apparently has gotten fixed with a newer firmware. Samsung 226BW enables RTC (they call it RTA) to be disabled through a hidden service menu. I've yet to read about RTC problems on Viewsonic TN-panel LCDs, since i believe vx1932wm is just its first 2ms model.

hi orc. i wonder if newer vx1932s exhibit the same problems. this may have been solved with a firmware upgrade.

vinaych, also if you could ask if there's a way to disable RTC in a hidden service menu, much like in Samsung's.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom