Problem with new GPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Sorry fellas was busy for 2 days so couldn't get the parts.
1.) Power Supply:-
Did not receive power supply. corsair told me there was no service in my area so i should collect it from kaizen service centre. but when i went to kaizen they said since there was no service the psu went back to bangalore :| i called corsair and they said I will get it tomorrow at the service centre. Lets see :SS

2.) Graphics card:-
Got the replacement GPU. its not a new one,but it was manufactured in february,the same as my original card. They couldn't check the GPU at the service centre since they had no drivers,no softwares,no games anything :| I have to test it at home but no power supply :( have to wait till I get that one back to test this GPU. It looks fine on the exterior. No soldering or anything.
And also my original card's serial number was:- abcdxyz-39 and this one is:- abcdxyz-40. both imported by top notch infotronix in march. Seems like I got the next card in the production line.

Will let you guys know after I test this out.

Last edited:

saswat23

Human Spambot
Kaizen didn't even bother to call you when the card arrived, and they simply sent it back? BTW its a new PSU I hope?

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
Apparently it did not come to kaizen. When I went to kaizen,they called up corsair and they were told that the courier went back since service was not available in my area. and yes they are giving a new replacement.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ so the corsair directly sends the replacement unit to the customer avoiding the service center and what about taht Rs. 600 written on the receipt challan of the PSu RMA paper ?? what was that for - did kaizen guys say anything about this when you asked ?

Sorry fellas was busy for 2 days so couldn't get the parts.
1.) Power Supply:-
Did not receive power supply. corsair told me there was no service in my area so i should collect it from kaizen service centre. but when i went to kaizen they said since there was no service the psu went back to bangalore :| i called corsair and they said I will get it tomorrow at the service centre. Lets see :SS

2.) Graphics card:-
Got the replacement GPU. its not a new one,but it was manufactured in february,the same as my original card. They couldn't check the GPU at the service centre since they had no drivers,no softwares,no games anything :| I have to test it at home but no power supply :( have to wait till I get that one back to test this GPU. It looks fine on the exterior. No soldering or anything.
And also my original card's serial number was:- abcdxyz-39 and this one is:- abcdxyz-40. both imported by top notch infotronix in march. Seems like I got the next card in the production line.

Will let you guys know after I test this out.

looks like a refurbished unit or a new one without the box but it should be good .. I replaced one new mouse twice ( both are boxed pack and brand new ) but bith gone bad .. only the 3rd replacement with worn out label and without box lsted for 4+ years and it's still with me ( working condition ).

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
^ Thats encouraging. and yes I asked about the Rs.600. They said not to worry as that is not for the customer.

saswat23

Human Spambot
Yup, that's not for customer, its their insurance amount for PSU.

looks like a refurbished unit or a new one without the box but it should be good .. I replaced one new mouse twice ( both are boxed pack and brand new ) but bith gone bad .. only the 3rd replacement with worn out label and without box lsted for 4+ years and it's still with me ( working condition ).

which mouse BTW? And which service centre?

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
I called up kaizen. courier service is not possible today because of mamata's meeting -_- aaaarrrghhh! Couldn't they find another place to hold the meeting?

Now I have to wait till monday or tuesday for the psu. this sucks -_-

These guys are messing things up more than MSI. :\ atleast msi used to deliver the product on time.

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
the only kaizen centre is at that place. and i asked corsair could they deliver some other place which i specified or not. they said no they dnt provide that service and asked me to collect from kaizen

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yup, that's not for customer, its their insurance amount for PSU.
which mouse BTW? And which service centre?

I-Ball Laser Mouse ( bought on 2K7 ) and the service center is near Central Metro Station.

@ OP - just wait a bit more .. most of the service center even don't remain open for customers on sataurday .. wait one more day ( as this is going to be fruitful ) and keep your finger crossed.

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
I am absolutely disgusted and frustrated with kaizen and corsair.

Corsair keeps telling me psu has been dispatched and to collect it from kaizen the next day. And kaizen keeps telling me the next day that psu has not arrived and to call corsair. And today corsair did not pick up the phone the whole day. I must have tried some 25 odd times.

This is absolutely ridiculous. I cannot even test the gpu replacement if i dont get the psu.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ call Kaizen and ask them exactly how long it would take and say you are tired of hearing the "next day" excuse - anyway, the delay could be related to new tax rules on imported items in WB :chinscratch:

OP
J

Jripper

Pro/An---tagonist xD
I told them that yesterday. And I was kinda strict on it too. But as usual they said "Ok we are looking into it" :|

Asked me to call them and check today.

OKay help help.

I got a replacement power supply.
The new model of the GS600.
The fan spins when I power the system on but then stops. :|
I called up corsair and the guy said that the newer model of the GS600 has automatic fan control and that it will automatically spin when the psu crosses a certain temperature.
Should I believe this? Or is the guy lying?

Anyone with the newer model of the gs600 here to confirm this?

UPDATE:- Checked graphics card. It seems identical to the card I had. gpu-z shows same specs. and even temperatures are the same lol. :p No more furmark. ever again.

Power supply fan not spinning under less load and temperature. But when playing a game etc starts spinning,spins for 20 seconds,then does a few stop start spins in both directions and then spins again for 15 seconds. Its not continuous. But I guess the fan is indeed automatically controlled. But still someone with any info on this please confirm.

Thank you to all the members of this forum and everyone who helped out. Thanks cilus,ico,topgear,satwat23,sunE and everybody else. :)

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
don't worry - the PSU and the fan is just fine and remember not to use kombuster too ( furmark clone ).

Anyway, congrats for getting the product replacements.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom