Problem with HD4670. Corrupted Display

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^
OK, i had used Zebby 450W PSU with my rig for the past one year and its working till now. If the PSU is working properly, then how it could damaged the Motherboard? Also HD4670 is not power-hungry(I know, i know it needs 70W @ load), but see the rest of my spec, it dont need much power(I mean not more than 450W :cool:, I guess so). So why would everyone blame on PSU?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
What will you say about FSP Saga II 500W in this same context ?

No, that is a better unit.

^^
OK, i had used Zebby 450W PSU with my rig for the past one year and its working till now. If the PSU is working properly, then how it could damaged the Motherboard? Also HD4670 is not power-hungry(I know, i know it needs 70W @ load), but see the rest of my spec, it dont need much power(I mean not more than 450W :cool:, I guess so). So why would everyone blame on PSU?

See we are not directly blaming the PSU. We can only troubleshoot offers suggestions sitting so far away. If I had your board I would have checked each node systematically for continuity using a multi-meter. At best get the board verified/RMA'ed, and change the PSU for future reference. It is the weakest link in there.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

I know that you guys were helping me, But AFAIK, i never heard a single good review of Zebby 450W PSU from any member of TDF. Thats why i asked.

Anyhow the problem is with the board, confirmed. Coz no matter whatever gfc card i plugin, its not working. Only IGP is working.

vwad

In the zone
^^

I know that you guys were helping me, But AFAIK, i never heard a single good review of Zebby 450W PSU from any member of TDF. Thats why i asked.

Anyhow the problem is with the board, confirmed. Coz no matter whatever gfc card i plugin, its not working. Only IGP is working.

Looks like its gonna be one more RMA for you :( this sucks, doesnt it :(

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Looks like its gonna be one more RMA for you :( this sucks, doesnt it :(
Yup. :-(

Tired of RMA..:x

BTW After RMA I'm thinking about getting a new mobo+psu combo. Yup, don't wanna waste my time in RMA's.

My next purchase, i will make sure that i got a good thing, unlike my previous purchase where everything went wrong.

vwad

In the zone

BTW After RMA I'm thinking about getting a new mobo+psu combo. Yup, don't wanna waste my time in RMA's.

My next purchase, i will make sure that i got a good thing, unlike my previous purchase where everything went wrong.

I hear lot of recommending MSI, Gigabyte as brands :) Tough competition though when it comes to GPUs, war of titans in market as well as here between nvidia and ATI :p

Regarding PSUs, I think Corsair 550W at 4.9k will be great (price source = theitwares.com)

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

For my rig VX450W is more than enough. BTW As i said earlier in this thread, i will go for FSP Saga II 500W @ 2.7k.

Regd mobo, i'll get Gigabyte G31-S2L.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
This is why i asked asigh. He always give such detailed explanation. Thanks asigh (No offense meant on you borax. :))

i already mentioned about this. read about this efficiency thing from asigh in some thread a couple of months ago.

So, if this is the case, then why would a Zebby 450W PSU is not enough for me. If i do the math, it will draw as much power needed for my rig. So why everyone complain about Zebby PSUs.

1st. its easily below 65% efficient.
2nd, i not know whats the reading of 12V rail is provided in the side of the PSU. but in realty, its very very low. your motherboard is taking the beating. if yu try calculate the power delivered (i not know hows that possible as you'll have to find 12V rail current first) it'll come out to be ~300-350W at max. & as you already used it for long time, it'll be much lower.

Raj, you better change your name to "rajkumar_RMA". & to avoid being called by that name, next time choose the items carefully & also kick that Zebby out of house ASAP. you lucky that PowerColor changed your card so easily.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
1st. its easily below 65% efficient.
2nd, i not know whats the reading of 12V rail is provided in the side of the PSU. but in realty, its very very low. your motherboard is taking the beating. if yu try calculate the power delivered (i not know hows that possible as you'll have to find 12V rail current first) it'll come out to be ~300-350W at max. & as you already used it for long time, it'll be much lower.

Well, i got that man.:)

Raj, you better change your name to "rajkumar_RMA". & to avoid being called by that name, next time choose the items carefully & also kick that Zebby out of house ASAP. you lucky that PowerColor changed your card so easily.

LOL. :D :D
What does the highlighted sentence means? :oops:

Top Bottom