Problem with HD4670. Corrupted Display

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Raj, end of the day.

Just RMA your board. Use the D101GGC (yes is cr$$, had it once upon a time). Get a decent PSU. Please. If you plan to OC then the CX400 is quite useless. You would need to move to the league of Corsair/Tagan/Seasonic/Glacialtech -- as per your power requirement. Though your over all primary rig is fine, I am recommending slightly higher end PSUs, cause you will be future proof. You can slip in a higher GPU/CPU, OC the skin off them and not have to worry.

borax12

the dotmaster
cx400 from corsair i believe?......and i guess the board he has...has a very limiting o'clking ability

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
.......vwad...read my above post.....this explains it...u actually never get the rated output.....(that 80% efficiency u see is related to this,....)and yes it will be sufficient...but i believe to go for a psu rated a 100 watt more than is advisable always...but his shouldn't pose a problem....

hmm LOL what a hypocrisy !! why dont they just tell the actual LOL why this percentage chaos LOL, may be a marketing technique for unknowledgables :rolleyes::sarcastic:

What you guys mean by this..?

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

cx400 from corsair i believe?......and i guess the board he has...has a very limiting o'clking ability

I know Raj. :) Believe me....!

borax12

the dotmaster

---------- Post added at 09:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

first of all regarding ur first query.....we were talking abt psu's....that we don't get the rated wattage...of the psu in actual usage scenarios....due the power correction factor being involved and the amperage being divided into rails...and efficiency involved...a rated 400 w psu will never give output more than 320W...(officially)...but its actually even lesser than that....hope that explains asigh...

and regarding the 2nd post of yours....

i believe this is what raj has....and will not be able to o'clock that much...there is only limited frequency and voltage control options available
on that board

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

^^ Is it? I wonder if someone know about me :D

first of all regarding ur first query.....we were talking abt psu's....that we don't get the rated wattage...of the psu in actual usage scenarios....due the power correction factor being involved and the amperage being divided into rails...and efficiency involved...a rated 400 w psu will never give output more than 320W...(officially)...but its actually even lesser than that....hope that explains asigh...

and regarding the 2nd post of yours....

i believe this is what raj has....and will not be able to o'clock that much...there is only limited frequency and voltage control options available
on that board

Not at all. I am OC'er. Didn't you noticed my siggy? I OCed my E6600 @ 3GHz and want to go further but due to the excessive heat and unstable PSU, i was stuck @ 3GHz and i also OCed my gfx card a mere 16MHz core, 12Mhz memory and unable to go further.

So dont think i don't OC much. I will OC very often even to find the FPS difference in games :D

This board offers enough control options regd OCing, well, at least for me.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
.regarding the power supplies degradation over time....thats not quite correct....as the power supply doesn't have any fuel thats powering it.

but PSU have capacitors. low grade caps. will dry up over time & will give less power. eg: pick up any desi/local made PSU. but good one continue for long. Corsair is best example.

The reason why I was asking regarding FSP is to know that whether it is actually 500W or not ? OR is it same like cooler master psus ? LOL :p and further for 955 BE & NGTS250 twin frozr card, will it be sufficient or not :)

i ordered a 400W FSP. as i hardly do any heavy upgrades, so a 500W or so unit will be of least use. 400W suites me best.

.......vwad...read my above post.....this explains it...u actually never get the rated output.....(that 80% efficiency u see is related to this,....)and yes it will be sufficient...but i believe to go for a psu rated a 100 watt more than is advisable always...but his shouldn't pose a problem....

@asigh, you mentioned in an earlier post in some other thread that a 400W PSU will offer 400W power but will suck more power according to its efficiency rating, if i remember it correctly. now from what i can can get from borax's post is that a 400W PSU with 80% efficiency will offer only 80/100 X 400 = 320W. now which one is correct?

borax12

the dotmaster
you are correct sam...this is what i meant ..and i know for sure that is what efficiency means......

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^
Well efficiency/100 x Wattage = output. This is right one.

Thats why people prefer a 80% efficiency Corsair rather than 65-70% CM PSU's (I am not sure but still some CM PSU's are rated with 70% efficiency)

@asigh
For the above statement, correct me, if i am wrong. :D

borax12

the dotmaster
.....u are correct friend(only if u do trust me)......yes the cm extreme and gx series psu come with a 70-75% efficiency...

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

I trust you, but since asigh is much more into this, and thats why i asked him. Anyway thanks for confirming it. (I just started to forgot these things, due to the dedicated development process :x)

borax12

the dotmaster
you know what ...me and asigh.....are into making a full fledged vid and blog based guide for pc building...with info on everything in it......form scratch to a full details to o'clock the system....its gonna contain everything....i have completed the half of draft.....just need to make the vid now....(though i have an old p4 based desktop...but will still film on it...due to unavailability of newer hardware....so please bear )

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^
Thats a good idea. Not important that you got a P4, but you did some work to show people that what is OCing and all, so no harm in it.

vwad

In the zone
you know what ...me and asigh.....are into making a full fledged vid and blog based guide for pc building...with info on everything in it......form scratch to a full details to o'clock the system....its gonna contain everything....i have completed the half of draft.....just need to make the vid now....(though i have an old p4 based desktop...but will still film on it...due to unavailability of newer hardware....so please bear )

not done it yet....but yeah on the way.....it will be a great fun.....

Thanks a ton borax bhai for taking time, money and effort for us :adore:

^^
Thats a good idea. Not important that you got a P4, but you did some work to show people that what is OCing and all, so no harm in it.

Indeed :)

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
actually you all are wrong...asigh was right

suppose that u are having a 400w unit which is 70% efficient...this means that to deliver 400w the psu will pull about 570w ac power from the wall. so 170w is being wasted..its converted into heat which is bad for the pc....

a high efficient unit will pull less power, produce less heat and save electricity bills also..

efficiency = dc power/ ac power * 100

good luck borax for the guide...appreciate it...p4 does not matter dude..
it will be really helpful to me also in ocing as i dont know much about it.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
Okay guys, for the record. Many guys have a misconception about efficiency here. It is not efficiency multiplied to the rating -- to get the throughput.

This does not work:
PSU rating = 750W
Efficiency rating = 80%
PSU Draw = 750W
PSU Throughput = 750 x (80/100) = 600W

This works:
PSU rating = 750W (A)
Efficiency rating = 80%
PSU Draw = 750 / (80/100) = 937.5 (B)
PSU Throughput = 750W

Calculated Efficiency = (A/B) * 100 = 80%

The efficiency clearly translates too, how much power is drawn from the socket (which you are billed for), to the ratio of how much clean usable power it can provide as output.

Efficiency Level Certifications:
These are industry standards which say, how much constant, spike free power a PSU will supply at three different load levels. For example: To qualify for 80 PLUS, a power supply must achieve at least 80% efficiency at three specified loads (20%, 50% and 100% of maximum rated power) To get this certification it must pass all tests at 50C, as the temperature metric.

The current ratings are:
*img26.imageshack.us/img26/8331/energylevelscertificati.jpg

vwad

In the zone
Okay guys, for the record. Many guys have a misconception about efficiency here. It is not efficiency multiplied to the rating -- to get the throughput.

This does not work:
PSU rating = 750W
Efficiency rating = 80%
PSU Draw = 750W

This works:
PSU rating = 750W (A)
Efficiency rating = 80%
PSU Throughput = 750W

The efficiency clearly translates too, how much power is drawn from the socket (which you are billed for), to the ratio of how much clean usable power it can provide as output.

These are industry standards which say, how much constant, spike free power a PSU will supply at three different load levels. For example: To qualify for 80 PLUS, a power supply must achieve at least 80% efficiency at three specified loads (20%, 50% and 100% of maximum rated power) To get this certification it must pass all tests at 50C, as the temperature metric.

The current ratings are:

Thanks a lot for detailed clarification :adore:

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness

This does not work:
PSU rating = 750W
Efficiency rating = 80%
PSU Draw = 750W

This works:
PSU rating = 750W (A)
Efficiency rating = 80%
PSU Throughput = 750W

The current ratings are:

This is why i asked asigh. He always give such detailed explanation. Thanks asigh (No offense meant on you borax. :))

So, if this is the case, then why would a Zebby 450W PSU is not enough for me. If i do the math, it will draw as much power needed for my rig. So why everyone complain about Zebby PSUs.

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Because the Zebronics 450W is a sub-par unit. It will not be able to provide the correct amps on the rail when actually 450W is required. It will be highly inefficient too.

vwad

In the zone
^^
Because the Zebronics 450W is a sub-par unit. It will not be able to provide the correct amps on the rail when actually 450W is required. It will be highly inefficient too.

What will you say about FSP Saga II 500W in this same context ?

Top Bottom