Problem with HD4670. Corrupted Display

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

Man, are u sure that SMPS is the root cause for the problem. FYI, my another rig E7400+ASUS P5K-PL-CM+4GB DDR2+7600GS+1TB HDD+2 ODD's running on a Frontech 450W SMPS w/o any problem for the past 7 months. If its so, then how come this Zebby would be a problem.

Please explain this to me, i am totally confused.

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
^^

:duh2: Not again, i've just RMA'd my gfx card, RMA'd my RAM few months before and now! *sigh*

or send board for RMA, get hold of a G31 board. after the board return from RMA, sell it. its not a advice, suggestion.

you wud have less of these probs if you had a good SMPS! :|

^^

Man, are u sure that SMPS is the root cause for the problem. FYI, my another rig E7400+ASUS P5K-PL-CM+4GB DDR2+7600GS+1TB HDD+2 ODD's running on a Frontech 450W SMPS w/o any problem for the past 7 months. If its so, then how come this Zebby would be a problem.

Please explain this to me, i am totally confused.

its sufficiant but your pc will require 200W or more power. a 450W zebby will offer 250W power at load. max. as you told you using that PSU for 7 months, your PSU's wattage already fallen to 200W or below. so my advice, change PSU to avoid furthur problem or else stick to it & prepare for another RMA soon :cool:

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
or send board for RMA, get hold of a G31 board. after the board return from RMA, sell it. its not a advice, suggestion.
Will send that board to RMA and use my old D101GCC until i got my board back.

its sufficiant but your pc will require 200W or more power. a 450W zebby will offer 250W power at load. max. as you told you using that PSU for 7 months, your PSU's wattage already fallen to 200W or below. so my advice, change PSU to avoid furthur problem or else stick to it & prepare for another RMA soon :cool:

Well, i am not sure whether this is the PSU problem, and hey, i said i am using the Frontech 450W with that config for 7 months. Not this rig. For this rig, i am using this PSU for around 1.5 years.

But anyhow, i will atleast get FSP Saga 500W within two months. (Man, spending 2.7k in PSU is a big investment, at least for me)

Jaskanwar Singh

Aspiring Novelist
i still advise change of psu before getting a new mobo to be sure of no further problems..fsp saga 2 400w @ 2k is sufficient for you

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

But anyhow RMA of ASUS here take at least a month (That sucks :-x), so no need for PSU till i get the replacement. After that i'll get FSP Saga 500W (Man just 700 bucks more, you have enuff power for future upgrades). Yes i already have one 320GB+500GB and will add more. So no harm in getting a 500W, on a safer side.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^
BTW How about the warranty for FSP Saga PSU? Any other good brands at that range (within 3k), preferably a 450W?

borax12

the dotmaster
Cooler Master Real Power Pro 460W Power Supply-3.2K
or else the
Corsair CMPSU-400CX 400W Power Supply-2.9 K
or else increasing the budget get the best choice
-Corsair 450W Power Supply (MPSU-450VX)-3.9K

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

Well 3k is after i stretch my budget :D . So cant push any further.

So among these CX400 looks fine and CM-RP 460W = CX400W? Am i rite?

BTW I asked "Hows the warranty of FSP Saga? Does they have any Service Centre in Chennai/B'lore?"

borax12

the dotmaster
^^

Well 3k is after i stretch my budget :D . So cant push any further.

So among these CX400 looks fine and CM-RP 460W = CX400W? Am i rite?

BTW I asked "Hows the warranty of FSP Saga? Does they have any Service Centre in Chennai/B'lore?"

avtually no....the wattages are different...and i f u are asking abt the performance comparision...yes they wud perfomr equally....no need to worry....
as for the service and warranty of fsp saga-

check here-FSP

and regarding the avaiablity of fps service center in chennai.....ask these people

Mr. Venkatesan

Prime Source Technologies PVT. LTD
Tel: 42060252, 9841517403.
Email: venkat@primesourceindia.com

Address: #24/1, RAMAKRISHNA STREET T. NAGAR, CHENNAI-600 017 INDIA

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

Thanks dude. BTW The FSP Site link you provided was blocked by Mozilla. BTW Will try to contact them and lets check with the RMA details too. (Man, i am talking more about RMA these days. I am sick of this , :sad:)

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod
Will send that board to RMA and use my old D101GCC until i got my board back.

isn't this board based on Radeon Xpress 200 with DDR memory? if yes it won't support Core2Duo. only Dual Core.

Well, i am not sure whether this is the PSU problem, and hey, i said i am using the Frontech 450W with that config for 7 months. Not this rig. For this rig, i am using this PSU for around 1.5 years.

than its excellent. HD4670 is a good power hungry card. getting close to the 75W threshhold limit. so if it gets less power (from a 1.5yr old underrated, underpowered, super Indian PSU) theres every chance it'll go bad & now i think its turn of the board. your call now.

But anyhow, i will atleast get FSP Saga 500W within two months. (Man, spending 2.7k in PSU is a big investment, at least for me)

is a big deal for me too (ordered 400W Saga II, not yet reached). but to ensure nothing bad happens to my machine (from power problems), its a wise move.

vwad

In the zone
isn't this board based on Radeon Xpress 200 with DDR memory? if yes it won't support Core2Duo. only Dual Core.

than its excellent. HD4670 is a good power hungry card. getting close to the 75W threshhold limit. so if it gets less power (from a 1.5yr old underrated, underpowered, super Indian PSU) theres every chance it'll go bad & now i think its turn of the board. your call now.

is a big deal for me too (ordered 400W Saga II, not yet reached). but to ensure nothing bad happens to my machine (from power problems), its a wise move.

Whats your rig sam for which you ordered FSP Saga II 400W :) ? May I know ?

borax12

the dotmaster

said it right sam...but remember this....his old pc has no other hardware that sucks juice....so a 75w extracton form a atleast >60% effecient 400 w powers supply would definitely work good......

but still its better to go with an upgrade though....but not necessary....but i believe this fsp saga psu......that ..rajkumars interested in is for the newer build i believe...the one on which the hd 4670 was installed.....and theres no relation with the older psu (frontech one)with this....

coderunknown

Retired Forum Mod

the PSU along with graphics card, ram & cabby not yet reached me. well just a rough idea: Athlon II X4. 785G. 4Gb DDR3. HD5670 & a WD 500Gb.

said it right sam...but remember this....his old pc has no other hardware that sucks juice....so a 75w extracton form a atleast >60% effecient 400 w powers supply would definitely work good......

but still its better to go with an upgrade though....but not necessary....but i believe this fsp saga psu......that ..rajkumars interested in is for the newer build i believe...the one on which the hd 4670 was installed.....and theres no relation with the older psu (frontech one)with this....

well thats true. the card looks to be hungriest of all.

BUT, a zebby PSU have low 12V rail current supply. so total power will top at 250W (for a 450W unit) & with time. a long time (1.5yrs) it'll already be at 200W. so its best to change. but still i doubt my own words, will a 70-75W card damage the PCIe X 16 slot just by extrating current? sounds strange :!:

---------- Post added at 08:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:48 PM ----------

the PSU along with graphics card, ram & cabby not yet reached me. well just a rough idea: Athlon II X4. 785G. 4Gb DDR3. HD5670 & a WD 500Gb.

well thats true. the card looks to be hungriest of all.

BUT, a zebby PSU have low 12V rail current supply. so total power will top at 250W (for a 450W unit) & with time. a long time (1.5yrs) it'll already be at 200W. so its best to change. but still i doubt my own words, will a 70-75W card damage the PCIe X 16 slot just by extrating current? sounds strange :!:

borax12

the dotmaster
.....every 12 volt rail provides it own amperage....so a total of 200w outpu is more than enough for a card for supply....
and no it will not damage the slot...the card uses only that much of poer...thats required.....and ...regarding the power supplies degradation over time....thats not quite correct....as the power supply doesn't have any fuel thats powering it....the lesser output than provided and rated power output(400w in this case)....is becoz the entire power is divided into rails....of 12v,3.3v,and 5 v...so u have different amperages applied to each rail....that what make only 250 w being supplied through the 12 v rail......
and there is also the power correction factor that reduces it to probably 200w (the dc to ac conversion factor)...so thus thats how it works....

and no it will not damage the pci-e slot...ven if the card requires 70-75 w....as only the required amount is extracted...so no worries on that...a

vwad

In the zone

The reason why I was asking regarding FSP is to know that whether it is actually 500W or not ? OR is it same like cooler master psus ? LOL :p and further for 955 BE & NGTS250 twin frozr card, will it be sufficient or not :)

borax12

the dotmaster
.......vwad...read my above post.....this explains it...u actually never get the rated output.....(that 80% efficiency u see is related to this,....)and yes it will be sufficient...but i believe to go for a psu rated a 100 watt more than is advisable always...but his shouldn't pose a problem....

vwad

In the zone
.......vwad...read my above post.....this explains it...u actually never get the rated output.....(that 80% efficiency u see is related to this,....)and yes it will be sufficient...but i believe to go for a psu rated a 100 watt more than is advisable always...but his shouldn't pose a problem....

hmm LOL what a hypocrisy !! why dont they just tell the actual LOL why this percentage chaos LOL, may be a marketing technique for unknowledgables :rolleyes::sarcastic:

borax12

the dotmaster
ha ha...actually u should tell what the psu is capable of...what the system has been intended for...but somehow...to make costs cuts...the efficiency is targeted...u see?

Top Bottom