Problem with HD4670. Corrupted Display

mavihs

Techie By Heart
^^
Can you explain me the logic of overlaying different drivers one after another without re-boot.
i'm teling him to overlay the same driver! Some time back ATI drivers had this prob that installing new drivers on old drivers wouldn't install properly & you had to install it once more!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
I doubt that would work. Using Driver Sweeper seems better option. But Raj's issue seems more of hardware.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

You're right. It is an hardware issue. As i told you, the 7600GS i tested was working fine in another system and when i plug it in my system, it is not working. What does that mean? By any chance, does my PCI-e slot went bad?

mavihs

Techie By Heart
^^

You're right. It is an hardware issue. As i told you, the 7600GS i tested was working fine in another system and when i plug it in my system, it is not working. What does that mean? By any chance, does my PCI-e slot went bad?
try the 4670 in another system! if it works, then i can think of only one place where the prob will be: Mobo! This is if its H/W prob!

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^

Board is gone. Sorry. Is your PSU fine...?

EDIT:
No, you PSU is not fine. Just read your signature. Change it....!

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
^^

Dude, if my board is gone, them how i am gonna use my system with onboard gfx. Yes, its working fine with IGP. And nope, PSU is newly bought one and its working perfectly. I am damn sure about that. And what bout my siggy?

asingh

Aspiring Novelist
^^
Onboard GFX is not related to PSU as much as using a HD5770. That Zebby 450W PSU is totally doubtful.

Also your IGP could be fine, and PCI.E Dock gone bad, which translates to a bad board. By signature I meant, I read about your PSU.

borax12

the dotmaster
.....yaar this is a problem with the OS and driver........not the gpu......psu problems could also lead to such visual degradation...but....as the board is being powered ...up full...ie its booting up...so that must not be an issue....i believe the issue could also be the pci-e slot....see if the small...jumpers besides the pci-e slots are not bent...these jumpers are alongside the slot......generally not present in newer baords...or otherwise...unistall the previous....drivers and control center using revo unistaller...and then resinstallt the correct driver....heres the link...Drivers & Support | GAME.AMD.COM

also updating the mobo drivers are better.....how many pci-e slots do u have on ur board...if its like u have 2 then check the card on the other slot too...

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Well you dont expect a low end mobo to have 2 PCIe slots. BTW I am damn sure that its not an driver issue. Dude, read my prev posts and you may know that i've tried every possible s/w troubleshooting, but it failed.

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
Well best of luck getting 'just' the PCI.E dock corrected...!

Can i get the product replaced as its still under warranty? I bought it in Feb 2009 and it has two years of warranty. So, if i send it now, can i get a replacement or the same board get repaired? :sad:

borax12

the dotmaster
......yeah better to get it replaced.....as this is surely a problem with either the power management on your boards...(.coz...every card you install is not working properly.....btw did u check the jumper pins alongside the pci-e slot i was talking abt.)or the psu 6 pin that powering your card......check that it is in a proper state......or not...hope that helps...

borax12

the dotmaster
I dont have such power connector for my GPU. You know, its HD4670, no need for external power.

The jumper pins are looking good and ok.

....hey actually i got it.....thats correct there no aux power requirement for this card.....then its definitely a problem with the pci-e slot....get it repaired or replace the board as its still in the warranty....sorry we couldn,t help more on this...

OP
furious_gamer

furious_gamer

Excessive happiness
you wud have less of these probs if you had a good SMPS! :|

What! You still think my PSU is the problem. Man, its working like a charm and for my config, this is enough IMO. May be, i'll get a FSP Saga 500W in a few months. (Spending a fortune in PC, i am not into that. If i earn some big bucks, sure i will do that :D)

Top Bottom