Problem with english fluency

What do you think about your English Fluency??

• My english Fluency is Excellent:D:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My english Fluency is Ok:)

• My english Fluency is Bad:(

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Don't know.I talk less in English:confused:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

adi007

Youngling
Can any one suggest me ways to increase my english fluency??
I know all gramatical aspects but the problem is while speaking,I will get afraid and speak naively.This problem is especially while talking to teachers and girls

Hitboxx

Juke Box Hero
1. Speak slowly, be relaxed in the head and breathe rhythmically.

2. Read things out aloud to yourself, think in English, plan in English and approach in English.

3. Watch lotsa English TV, movies and listen to English songs. Stay away from Bollywood.

PS: Are you from the Hassan in Karnataka?

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
-Slow down rate of speech.
-Feel free with your accent. Never try too hard to match other's accent.
-Listen to English news daily. BBC WORLD news is one of them.
-If bored in watching news, get Opera browser, and use it's speech utility and learn/hear your favourite content on web.

All the best!

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
watch movies and read books and yeah as kiran said the accent dont fake 1 coz more often ul be concentrating on the accent which hampers speaking and add to tht the fact that any1 can notice wen some1 is faking an accent ;)

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
-BBC is a must.This is something which will teach you the right pronunciation.
-Speak slowly
-don't be too self concious.
-dont give a damn what other think about you.
-Read good books to enhance your vocabulary.This is very important.

ratedrsuperstar

The Sexy Beast
other than all above if you want it to impress your frnds learn some slang(not the usual whazz up,dude,etc.)so it'll seem like your not putting in much effort and sound formal.

don't go for any accent coz this stays only up to us any foreigner can easily distinguish us no matter how good our accent is.fluency and knowledge matters not accent.eg. are spanish and latin ppl without an english accent but still they speak proper english.

Sparsh007

Formerly Spashy
My tips:-
-practice speaking tongue twisters (as many as possible)
-Don't be self conscious (as said by The_Devil_Himself)
-don't give a damn what people think about u (as said by The_Devil_Himself)

Pathik

Google Bot
1. Treat english just as a language.. You shd just be able to communicate ur needs to others...
2. People who measure ur intelligence by how u speak english r foolish...
3. Follow wat the others said...

shady_inc

Pee into the Wind...
pathiks said:
2. People who measure ur intelligence by how u speak english r foolish...

Couldn't have agreed any more!!

@adi007: In in day-to-day conversations with parents,friends etc.,whenever you say a sentence in Hindi or your native language,just repeat that sentence at the back of your mind in english.This way atleast you will know how to speak the language in different context.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
though i agree that people who judge ur personality by ur fluency in english are very narrow-minded, the fact still remains that it is very important in today's world to be able to speak english fluently because it is considered more or less like a global language. i consider my english fairly gud and i credit that to just the three things mentioned below (in order of importance)

1. read, read and read some more - and the best part is u don't need to just read classics. read anything that interests u - comics like Tintin, Asterix and Obelix, or thrillers like Michael Crichton, Stephen King. hell, u could even read p0rn.
this also includes watching english movies

2. think in english - very mportant. try to converse with urself in english.

3. speak at ur home / with friends in english no matter how broken it may be. don't expect to start speaking fluently overnight. give urself some time and start seeing the difference.

just follow these and i'm sure ur fluency will improve. also always be confident of urself. it shows to others how confident u are of urself.

xbonez

NP : Crysis
^^yeah, that has nothing to do with fluency in english. it is a law of nature - a man will make a fool of himself in front of girls and the magnitude of that is directly proportional to how much he likes the girl

praka123

left this forum longback
I hope English(UK/GB) is still the "real" English.not the usa one.

my point:try to leave the local language accent while speaking English.yeah,this needs u to think also English :(

OP
A

adi007

Youngling
xbonez said:
^^yeah, that has nothing to do with fluency in english. it is a law of nature - a man will make a fool of himself in front of girls and the magnitude of that is directly proportional to how much he likes the girl
That's 100% true ;)

desai_amogh

In the zone
join a mnc call center .. ull get training free of cost work there for 2 months to practice what u learnt ...& leave it ... ha ha.. its just a joke dont take it seriously ...

Tech.Masti

Wise Old Owl
i also have such problems:( i am also not good in grammer :( in my area BBC is not available:( so i watch Headlines Today, CNN-IBN, Times Now, NDTV . Is BBC a must??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom