Problem with english fluency

What do you think about your English Fluency??

• My english Fluency is Excellent:D:

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • My english Fluency is Ok:)

• My english Fluency is Bad:(

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Don't know.I talk less in English:confused:

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
^^^^
nothing is must
but BBC mews readers have a best neutral accent so that why BBC is preferred :)

arunks

Hey here is the aks
i have also this problem...but whenever i see bbc news i get bored in few minutes also whichever english news channel i see i get bored in few mins...why is it so..?
and guys i m not able to understand english songs..why is it so?

and also sometimes when listenign or watching english movies i m not able to understand if there is a noise nearby but in case of hindi or punjabi movies i m able to understand if there is a noise nearby.. why is it so?

OP
A

adi007

Youngling
Our teacher used to often tell us to improve our communication skills.Does it mean english fluency or anything else??

As many of you have suggested "think in english",it's not working because when i think and plan in english all my words and sentences will be perfect.There will be no mistakes.I don't know whether my mind interprets or i think really perfect in my mind??But in real senario, it is not so.

I watch a lots of English movies with subtitles on.I am unable to understand their words without the subtitles. i m not able to understand english songs also.Is the same problem with me or everybody else??

I am very concerned about my fluency from the day i came to know all the steps in campus recruitment.My sister got recruited for infy without even answering one technical question because ther was only group discussion and HR round.

This is what that concerns me most.
WHY MOST OF THE GIRLS HAVE GOOD ENGLISH FLUENCY AND MOST OF THE BOYS DON'T??

Last edited:

The_Devil_Himself

die blizzard die! D3?
arunks said:
i have also this problem...but whenever i see bbc news i get bored in few minutes also whichever english news channel i see i get bored in few mins...why is it so..?
who knows...maybe you dont care what they are saying.
and guys i m not able to understand english songs..why is it so?
If you mean Rap songs than they are not eant to be understood(well mostly).Else all songs are more or less understandable.

and also sometimes when listenign or watching english movies i m not able to understand if there is a noise nearby but in case of hindi or punjabi movies i m able to understand if there is a noise nearby.. why is it so?
Thats because English is not our native tongue....SO we have to 'process' or apply our brains to understand what is being said in the movie.....Not so in Hindi movies.Watch British movies they are far better than American movies as far as the language is concerned....British movies are perfectly understandable but american have a lot of slangs and they have their own 'english'.

fun2sh

Pawned!... Beyond GODLIKE
wel girls are better in communication coz they use both parts of their brain to communicate. we boys only use one part. also percentage use of brain for communication is less in boys

wel girls are better in communication coz they use both parts of their brain to communicate. we boys only use one part. also percentage use of brain for communication is less in boys

Last edited:

digitizen

Journeyman
ok here are some tips . like others said read lots of books like jeff archer , micheal crichton etc . and watch lot of movies like harry potter . concentrate on how a native english speaking character responds and think how you wouldve responded in that situation what words you wouldve used .

try using the sentence learnt when speaking with your friends . you should pracise a lot for your tongue to get accustomed to a new language . so when you are alone in your room or even maybe in the bath , create an imaginary situation and talk in english . and finally when you are going to talk to someone frame the sentence in your mind before speaking it out .

A language takes lot opf time to master . so dont expect any rapid change overnight keep on practising and talking surely you will get it . and yeah try talking with girls who are good in english over the phone because you wont have the fear of looking into their eyes . better get an english speaking girlfriend .

xbonez

NP : Crysis
adi007 said:
As many of you have suggested "think in english",it's not working because when i think and plan in english all my words and sentences will be perfect.There will be no mistakes.I don't know whether my mind interprets or i think really perfect in my mind??But in real senario, it is not so.

then, this has nothing to do with fluency in eng. it is simply a prob of confidence. u need to work on that

Yamaraj

The Lord of Death
fun2sh said:

I think you just used both parts in writing this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom