Prince of Persia 2008 - My Review

Status
Not open for further replies.

hahahari

In the zone
Well I feel the game deserves more than 6.5. The developers have tried to break the monotony and have some good innovation like elikas help. But yes the Veteran gamers who have played POP all along will miss a lot of elements. The game could have had some more freedom with the swords and the single enemy at a time is stupid. The game lacks challenge. They must have made elikas help optional but that would have meant writing a whole lot of code. But otherwise its pretty darn good.

7.5/10

the.kaushik

œ∑´®†¥¨ˆøπåß∂ƒ©˙∆˚¬Ω≈ ç√∫˜
Need help! Sorry to ask but am stuck in the first level where we need to kill the monster. I suppose i need to throw it from the cliff but how to do.. each time i try (Comb of FORWARD + Mouse left key"Attack") but it never works out.. i tried clicking very rapidly and it did stopped for sometime but again no use? am i doing something wrong?

amrawtanshx

Lets Do It!
^^
Lure the monster (Warrior) to the edge.Deflect his attack be pressing right click.He will try to stamp U ... Then Erika comes and U need to press Left Click quickly to reverse that ... And he will push him down.

the.kaushik

^^
Lure the monster (Warrior) to the edge.Deflect his attack be pressing right click.He will try to stamp U ... Then Erika comes and U need to press Left Click quickly to reverse that ... And he will push him down.

Exactly am trying that for long time now! :( is it right or left click?

Exactly am trying that for long time now! :( is it right or left click?

done.. just changed my attack key to space bar! LOL

Last edited:

the.kaushik

Guys stuck again and now its 1 and half day.. ya i know am real Sii1T at 1st person type game but i like the story and need to finish it :p
This is the level am playing:
*in.youtube.com/watch?v=vXhYEIyWecI

and this is the place am stuck..
*in.youtube.com/watch?v=0ZFgB1rmsik

and thats the way Elika darling is showing the path with her GPS :p
*in.youtube.com/watch?v=YP4rRV8qwTo

Now on the 2nd video i cant jump front.. and i can see creepers over my head.. if i try to catch it i fall down.. any other thing which am missing!

cyborg47

Technomancer
hey kaushik....the game is open world, so u can go to any place in any way u want.....i think elika only shows u the way nearer to u....check out the map and try to find any other way to go to the destination...gl..

the.kaushik

^^^ Thanks bro.. I just found another way to get the path!
Her GPS is not proper!LOL seems nokia didnt made it

RMN

In the zone
@Psychosocial
you are right man i was waiting for this game so long and this game is so disappointing.
good graphics..really refreshing...but the game play is so sad..i was surprised that this game got good reviews and hence i was going to start a thread regarding this and thts when came across your thread.

i am so bored with the game already ...just running after seeds and beating easy enemies.
i rate this game 5/10
compared to Warrior Within 1/10.

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
^^^ZOMG Warrior Within 1/10 Dude u seriously need to reconsider what u like in games, AFAIK Warrior Within was one of the best PoP game ever, it was the one which paved path for next iteration 2 Thrones, Combat was just awesome in it, 2 weapons, use of environment in combat, immersion in the game by pulling off a feeling of pressure and being hunted, I can go on and on. Some folks didn't like its Metal-Rock music but had they listened the soundtrack more carefully then they would've realized that it came only in he heat of the battle, rest of the time it was Arabian-Indian music suiting perfectly to the background. I think music wise too Warrior Within deserves 10/10.

RMN

In the zone
@Plasma :)
sry if i wasn't clear but what i meant was compared to PoP WW i rate PoP (2008) 1/10..:)

WW to me is 10/10!!!!one of my fav games!!and i loved the music esp the one in the menu!

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
@Plasma :)
sry if i wasn't clear but what i meant was compared to PoP WW i rate PoP (2008) 1/10..:)

WW to me is 10/10!!!!one of my fav games!!and i loved the music esp the one in the menu!

The menu music wasn't nice at all! Did you listen to that music while the Dahaka was chasing you? They're awesome! Also, the one at the end, during the credits, "Straight out of Line" by Godsmack. Thats second only to "I stand alone"(This was also used in Dahaka chases).

Dahaka chases used to be some fun! I remember my heart thumping in my throat as the screen went monochrome as the Dahaka came closer. Never er have I found myself in such a situation except in Freespace 2.

And that feeling I got when I said along with the prince(roared morelike) to the Dahaka, "Just try to catch me!". Wonderful! Uncomparable to this farmer's paradise of a seed collecting game.

Oh, and to those who asked for the price: It costs around Rs. 2500/- Now I know I've been against this game, but I am a true PoP fan. Thus, I'll buy this when I get a new Graphics card. My graphics card is not able to run this cel-shaded idiocy where it can run all other PoP games without a hiccup (Except that backward compatibility problem causing PoP1(the oldest one, for DOS_). Oh, and at least this one is a better game than PoP1! ;)

Faun

Wahahaha~!
Staff member
lol...POP:SOT is still the best one for me, WW comes third after T2T. On difficulty level WW was too easy. Music was good but nothing spectacular...instead that godsmack track ruined the game for me, but the dark tone background score was a plus point (but the music in T2T when he is in cave and ascending tower is so poignant and you actually feel too lonely at that point).

Combos were great in the WW and T2T. But the feel of defeating enemies was great in SOT. Prince looked authentic in SOT.

WW lost the innocence and juvenile feeling. But still it has many innovations and treasures too keep the game interesting.

At last all three games were a unique experience to me. I loved them all. But I will not play this EMO version of Prince and Elika...lol. It looks like a game for toddlers...not my dough to savor.

RMN

In the zone
@alex
i loved the menu song(Welcome Within)
and your right though i don't remember the song whenever dahaka chased me i got goosebumps..the song really suited well.
btw i have around 100 songs from PoP:D

and who can forget Kaileena...:D

Last edited:

the.kaushik

@ All above:
Am happy.. that's my first POP am playing..LOL and unless you pay all games rocks :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom