Preview + Feedback [October 2011]

OP
echoplxx

echoplxx

Journeyman
Calling all software crazy geeks
We’re currently looking for a software geek to fill the post of “DVD Guy” at Digit. All we need is someone who is crazy about using the latest software, and stays updated with every little beta release for Windows, Mac, Linux and mobile platforms. If you’re the guy who everyone approaches to find out what software to use and when, then we have a job for you. Knowledge of basic Adobe Flash and XML will be required. The job is based in Mumbai, pays decently, and comes with a dedicated 4 Mbps net connection just for yourself – and we pay you to surf all day! Drop in your resume to editor@thinkdigit.com

Hey guys, please read and respond to this. This is not posted in the wrong thread, it's meant to be here

Thank god I am not a subscriber anymore so don't have to wait for shitty courier services, purchased the magazine from newsstand and the issue is awesome.

Only thing I didn't like is the Windows 8 developer preview which is 32bit version, and it cant be installed on my laptop or desktop coz both are 64bit.

r4gs

In the zone
Only thing I didn't like is the Windows 8 developer preview which is 32bit version, and it cant be installed on my laptop or desktop coz both are 64bit.

64-bit is not a limitation for installing a 32-bit version of the developer preview.

You must be trying to install the OS from within windows. Burn a boot DVD, or use Microsoft's Windows 7 to USB tool and create a bootable flash drive.

make sure you have an empty partition, reboot, boot from DVD or flash drive, do a clean install into the empty partition and you're set.

For more details you can refer to the tips and tricks in the issue. :D

64-bit is not a limitation for installing a 32-bit version of the developer preview.

You must be trying to install the OS from within windows. Burn a boot DVD, or use Microsoft's Windows 7 to USB tool and create a bootable flash drive.

make sure you have an empty partition, reboot, boot from DVD or flash drive, do a clean install into the empty partition and you're set.

For more details you can refer to the tips and tricks in the issue. :D

I was installing with vmware which was not taking it up. Anyway, I downloaded the 64bit version to test.

Rajesh345

Youngling
VMware eh? Never tried it on that. Is the 64-bit version working in VMWare now?

i am using win 8 x64 on vmware 8 , i have no problem

edit
btw i have problem installing Open SUSE 11.4

openSUSE-11.4-Addon-Lang-x86_64.iso , will try again later

VMware eh? Never tried it on that. Is the 64-bit version working in VMWare now?

answered below
i am using win 8 x64 on vmware 8 , i have no problem

edit
btw i have problem installing Open SUSE 11.4

openSUSE-11.4-Addon-Lang-x86_64.iso , will try again later

@Rajesh for opensuse use *www.virtualbox.org/ It works well. I tested Win 7 64 with virualbox, installed couple of other OS's.

The best way to test the latest software's is to use virtualization.

Rajesh345

Youngling
answered below

@Rajesh for opensuse use *www.virtualbox.org/ It works well. I tested Win 7 64 with virualbox, installed couple of other OS's.

The best way to test the latest software's is to use virtualization.

i dont have Vbox installed atm only VMware8 but Doesn't openSUSE-11.4-Addon-Lang-x86_64.iso

Addon Lang .iso in linux usually means they cointain language packs and etc?

software.opensuse.org: Download openSUSE 11.4
Live CDs contain only four languages (English, German, Russian and Italian). If you want to have support for remaining languages you need to download it from the Internet during the installation or any time after it. If you have easy access to the Internet or if you use DVD containing all languages, you do not need this CD.

edit

*forums.opensuse.org/english/get-te...erence-between-addon-lang-iso-livecd-iso.html

Addon-Lang is not an OS install, it contains, as you might guess, language support packages for less commonly installed languages.

Addon-NonOss contains packages for non open source software, in both architectures, since there aren't many of them and even then it's less than a full CD.

CakeMan

Banned
^^

Can anyone tell me the following :

>> What is the exact purpose of giving the OpenSuse 11.4 lang CD with this months mag ?

>> Why the Magazine Cover and this FEEDBACK thread Mislead members / magazine readers about OpenSuse 11.4 ???? NO one can really understand just by looking at this thread and the Mag Cover that its a Lang Addon CD nothing else :shock:

>> Why i am asking this question, only because I bought that mag for OpenSuse 11.04 (Full version setup DVD) :oops: :cry:

Brilliant Edition.

Loved it . For the first time after a few months , I was very impressed . Loved the way you guys did those articles on online shopping .

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
The magazine is average, SKOAR is ok but too less pages, FT is good and the three DVDs are absolutely useless.....as no full version commercial software (not even ashampoo software). The magazine should have been Rs.150/-

Next time give the SKOAR as a PDF and add some good software on the DVD

PS: My previous post in this thread was before I checked the package, contents and the contents of the discs

TheGibMaker

Level 9 Commissar
best diwali edition EVAR!! i recommended it to over 9000 friends!
The thing is that you guys have been hard at work to Satisfy everyone, and are succeeding!
tHE NEXT EDITION LOOKS EVEN BETTER THAN THIS ONE!!:grin::hyper::clap2::thumbs::number1::goodjob:

Top Bottom