[Preview + Feedback] June 2007 Anniversary Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

gannu_rox

In the zone
Hmmm... Digit ppl're gettin worse... Havnt recieved the copy till now... N today morn @ 10.30 rang up cust serv n d female sid its only despatched on 13th... BTW dey've stopped Blue dart wen their off's quite close to my home...

Good goin...

medpal

Medic on Call!!
hey shashwant pant how are you? i am fine here thank you.

@fatbeing,

its about 48 hours i registered my complaint with the helpline email there is not a single reply exxcept automated answer.

digit is becoming crappier day by day in customer service.

looks like its time i am gonna dump this subscription.

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
U know before buying I eagerly watch the website for Contents though most buy magz for Opticals but not me .. My frnds watch Cd/DVD contents and if they did not like they shift to another :p I like digit for the matter[never bothered abt Optical contents]:p but still DON idea was so bad that even I did not like it :p Eh? Providing Linux distors was way better .. And Ubuntu idea was gr8 ;) Though I already have 1 :) Hoping to get Open Suse 10.2 instead of that crappy Don ...

lalam

In the zone
Well its kindda scary to think that digit will be going dual dvd from this month just for the fact u don't wanna get some freaking disc thats not working and waste money on shits!

Well its kindda scary to think that digit will be going dual dvd from this month just for the fact u don't wanna get some freaking disc thats not working an waste money on shits!
Plz provide working dvd's and cd's i know u did but i'm just reminding

Last edited:

gannu_rox

In the zone
Phew... Finally got my issue today... Better be late tha never...

CDs n DVDs workin fine...

I've never been a victim of faulty dvds of digit since past 5 yrs....

DON workin good... Adds to my collection but wud be grt if they giv a movie DVD each issue... :D

Hardly 10 bux fer stampin those DVDs I guess n it'll attract more buyers dependin on the movies... not like charlie chaplin movies...

Fatbeing are u listenin??? :D

deepjava

Right off the assembly line
I tried coping the content folders to packages folder, but after a while all these folders were deleted insite the packages.

Are there any instructions on how to install wikipedia folders in webaroo pack ?

OP
FatBeing

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
gannu_rox said:
Phew... Finally got my issue today... Better be late tha never...

CDs n DVDs workin fine...

I've never been a victim of faulty dvds of digit since past 5 yrs....

DON workin good... Adds to my collection but wud be grt if they giv a movie DVD each issue... :D

Hardly 10 bux fer stampin those DVDs I guess n it'll attract more buyers dependin on the movies... not like charlie chaplin movies...

Fatbeing are u listenin??? :D
Big ticket movies like Don cost us royalty money more than replication money (T-series did their own replication for this month's Don), so unless you can convince all our readers to shell out Rs 200 for every issue, you can enjoy the taste of free Charlie Chaplin movies.

@deepjava: please contact support@webaroo.com if you're having problems with the Webaroo pack.

blackpearl

The Devil
@FatBeing:

I sent a mail to Webaroo support 3 days ago but no response from them. Why don't you send a mail to them and obtain the solution and then post it here? If you mail them from your Jasubhai ID, perhaps they will respond.

The problem is the same for everybody: the packages get deleted the moment you launch webaroo.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
is it true that Digit published this:

Code:
Intel High-end Motherboard -> Foxconn 975X7AB-8EkRS2H Price-> Rs 10,750
Intel Mid-range Motherboard -> Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ6 Price-> Rs 16,000

kadal27

Broken In
Delayed justice!

Dear fatbeing,

The reviews, available at the forum, about the contents of the DVDs and magazine of Digit June 2007 issue are interesting. Several readers are admiring and some are showing their dissatisfaction against their expectation on the anniversary issue.

But, unfortunately, I have to watch all these as a spectator like some one who does not purchase Digit, since my copy is yet to reach me. I am a subscriber of more than 5 years. Though I am in a major city(Trichy) in Tamil Nadu I am always getting my copy late. Especially during the last two years I didn’t have receive any issue before 15th.

No doubt that Digit carries wonderful content in magazine and discs of every issue. What are all the contents and the quality of the contents that the magazine and discs have, it loses it’s worthiness while it reach me at the end of the month when everybody completes even their review. I had to download those things offered in the discs, before it reach me. Hence, I am getting a not much useful magazine at the time of it’s receipt.

“Delayed justice is denied justice!”. Delayed Digit is devalued Digit!!

Hence, the delivery timing is as important as the content of the magazine. Please arrange to send the copies to subscribers at least before the first week ends. (I am not mentioning the special issues.)

--Arivukkadal
Sub. Code : A002489

OP
FatBeing

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
blackpearl said:
@FatBeing:

I sent a mail to Webaroo support 3 days ago but no response from them. Why don't you send a mail to them and obtain the solution and then post it here? If you mail them from your Jasubhai ID, perhaps they will respond.

The problem is the same for everybody: the packages get deleted the moment you launch webaroo.
I've been told that if you already have Webaroo installed, just run the installer that's there on the Digit DVD - your Webaroo will get upgraded and the Wikipedia will install to your default packages directory. I can't confirm this right away (tied up with other stuff), so can someone try this and get back?

mediator

Technomancer
I was really annoyed by this issue. Only the DVD seemed like a worth. The magazine was horrible telling about the tales of Digit members and their adventures in Europe, who joined Digit and who got kicked out and not to mention the exaggeration on nicknames. I started searching if "mediator" is also mentioned there somehow!

I also saw the A list and felt pity when they suggested the 1+ year old "Suse Linux 10.1" for Linuxes. It seemed like they just copied and pasted the statistics of softwares and hardware prices of the previous issues to the new ones thinking that those will remain static. More ads and less news!

OP
FatBeing

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
mediator said:
I was really annoyed by this issue. Only the DVD seemed like a worth. The magazine was horrible telling about the tales of Digit members and their adventures in Europe, who joined Digit and who got kicked out and not to mention the exaggeration on nicknames. I started searching if "mediator" is also mentioned there somehow!

Huh? In this issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom