[Preview + Feedback] Feb 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Still waiting for the magazine cover.
Then that is where i decide whether to hit it or skip it.
Ya seeing the contents i said i was excited but linux is really not my cup of tea.

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
lol I got the mag today... you guys are just getting nearer and nearer to perfection :D Great work and keep it up!

Just flipped through pages, really great issue. A must buy for gaming fans.

Last edited:

Psychosocial

Violent serenity.
Frets on Fire is the best game I have played to date. Period. :D

Already started downloading new song packs for it. Thanks for providing the amazing game Digit!

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
The loss in weight is NOT in the amount of content pages. If you count, you'll see those have actually increased.

Yes, I counted the pages and was surprised to see 100 out of the 120 pages have contents. I posted it before I counted the pages.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
By Demand DVD is not working. What I should do now ?

I know i have to a send e-mail to help@thinkdigit.com - But the last time I a send mail to them on dec 2006 & I got no response from them but only a automated e-mail in which they said they will take some immediet action or something.

I just want to know a thing - Do I need to send the non working DVD to digit at my own cost ?

Sathish

Debian Gnu/Linux User
digit is listening:eek: .. surprise for me..

Fedora () Mint () Open Suse() ..good DVD contents . thanks to team digit.

but FT has been repeated..just for page filling.. if you present the FT as Linux window comparative guide, it will more useful..

vamsi360

Always confused
fast track is crap. The previous ft to linux was very informative and this is utter waste. Believe me, it has nothing, even the font and layout was changed and is doesn't look good too.....

Again....Fedora 10 is not a DVD and is a GNOME LiveCD.

The mag contents too are not impressive. The Chandrayaan topic is same as the show given in NDTV and there is no review of the BlackBerry Storm. The mag is very thin compared to DIGIT 3 years ago and even an increment of Rs.50 from then just managed to decrease the pages, increase the adds and to fire off the existing staff......

Last edited:

Dark Star

Cyborg Agent
^^Thanks :) You saved me 150 Rs :p btw I don't really buys Digit now a days.. I don't know why but I don't like Digit anymore.. The same magazine for which I used to irritate my magz vendor everyday on availability..,,,

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
By Demand DVD is not working. What I should do now ?

I know i have to a send e-mail to help@thinkdigit.com - But the last time I a send mail to them on dec 2006 & I got no response from them but only a automated e-mail in which they said they will take some immediet action or something.

I just want to know a thing - Do I need to send the non working DVD to digit at my own cost ?

You can write to the help desk and if you fail to receive a response like last time, you can write to me (robert.smith at 9dot9 dot in) and i'll have it sorted out... just make sure you write to the helpdesk first.

fast track is crap. The previous ft to linux was very informative and this is utter waste. Believe me, it has nothing, even the font and layout was changed and is doesn't look good too.....

Again....Fedora 10 is not a DVD and is a GNOME LiveCD.

The mag contents too are not impressive. The Chandrayaan topic is same as the show given in NDTV and there is no review of the BlackBerry Storm. The mag is very thin compared to DIGIT 3 years ago and even an increment of Rs.50 from then just managed to decrease the pages, increase the adds and to fire off the existing staff......

The new fast track is a follow up to the previous one, that was more gyan, this is more worskshops and how tos.

Decrease the pages? 3 years ago we used to have a 60:40 content to ad ratio, and now it's more like 80:20, or more.

I also love the way everyone claims to know what happens inside our office... "fire off the existing staff..." lol.

Who exactly are you talking about? I've been in Digit for over 6 years...

Perhaps you're not aware that a majority of people in the Indian tech media industry, and a lot of people in the general media industry as well, have at one point or another worked for Digit or it's parent company. Each one of them remembers their time here fondly.

We're in constant contact with our ex-colleagues, and those who don't work for competing media houses, still call on a regular basis to offer feedback and suggestions for articles, etc. That's the culture we all share here at Digit. It's not by some accident that despite having competitors that have several magnitudes more of funding and resources, we've remained the highest selling and best technology publication of India.

Stick to the content of the magazine, because criticism or praise, we appreciate all feedback, and do our best to change according to what's in demand. However, trying to make comments about the functioning of an organisation you obviously know nothing about, is just in bad taste.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom