[Preview + Feedback] Feb 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
You can write to the help desk and if you fail to receive a response like last time, you can write to me (robert.smith at 9dot9 dot in) and i'll have it sorted out... just make sure you write to the helpdesk first.

Thanks robert for answering.

I've sent a e-mail last night regarding my problem to help@thinkdigit.com with the subject CD/DVD last night but still got no response. checked my inbox now. the e-mail id I used is : rksskr86@yahoo.co.in

So I'm now sending you e-mail. Hope I will get a response at least.

Just sent a mail to you with the subject
By Demand DVD is not Working

wowitsmrinal

Broken In
The Awesome
Digit arrived at home on Feb 3!!! That's Fast!

The Good
Windows 7 article
Cool cover
Games of 2009 list
Entry-level phones test for the lesser masses

The Bad
No review of Blackberry Storm
Burnout Paradise PC, Sims 3, Alan Wake, GTA IV:TLATD, COD:MW2, Batman:AA, Rage, HL2:E3, DC universe online, Dragon Ball online, Battlefield Heroes, Wolfenstein, Afro Samurai, Tom Clancy's HAWX, Forza Motorsport 3, This is Vegas, Demigod, Skate 2, Mafia II, Godfather II, Empire: Total War not in Upcoming Games list

The Ugly
No big game demo in Gaming Special??
Fast Track to LINUX in Gaming Special??

toofan

Technomancer
If anyone wish to buy it because it is a gamming special. Then please don't do it. There is nothing special about gamming in this issue.:mad:

vamsi360

Always confused
Real Feedback

The new fast track is a follow up to the previous one, that was more gyan, this is more worskshops and how tos.

Decrease the pages? 3 years ago we used to have a 60:40 content to ad ratio, and now it's more like 80:20, or more.

I also love the way everyone claims to know what happens inside our office... "fire off the existing staff..." lol.

Who exactly are you talking about? I've been in Digit for over 6 years...

Perhaps you're not aware that a majority of people in the Indian tech media industry, and a lot of people in the general media industry as well, have at one point or another worked for Digit or it's parent company. Each one of them remembers their time here fondly.

We're in constant contact with our ex-colleagues, and those who don't work for competing media houses, still call on a regular basis to offer feedback and suggestions for articles, etc. That's the culture we all share here at Digit. It's not by some accident that despite having competitors that have several magnitudes more of funding and resources, we've remained the highest selling and best technology publication of India.

Stick to the content of the magazine, because criticism or praise, we appreciate all feedback, and do our best to change according to what's in demand. However, trying to make comments about the functioning of an organisation you obviously know nothing about, is just in bad taste.

Raboo, that was my intension of knowing about the previous staff. I am a Digit reader from long time and I really loved those articles...ex: The Power Of Five and so on.....And I also liked the first fast track that you have given on Photography and then on MSOffice 2003......And the 5 Cds you have given in the year 2000 with your mag on December 2000 Special Issue.
If you look at my previous posts I have praised your mag and never commented anything else. But now I want the mag to live up to the expectations and I feel the focus on the content must be changed.
For Example:
-> You can reduce the font size, make the design more appealing so that the content increases without increasing the pages and at the same time without making it odd to the readers.
->The content can be innovative rather than the same GPS devices(which are present in digit mag continuosly from April).
->Focus more on the technical Workshops....after all Digit is a Technological Magazine and not a sole Computer Magazine.
->Opensource topics these days are not covered more in Digit. You can improve that.
->I personally and strongly feel that the pages should be increased as the mag price is raised and users need more content for that money and what they really demand is the RAISE IN QUALITY OF THE CONTENT as well as its quantity.

Once again apologies.....i didnot mean to say that. Take my advice and once think on these factors.

The new fast track is a follow up to the previous one, that was more gyan, this is more worskshops and how tos.

Sir. I really liked the past ft and I even use it now and carry it along with me in my pendrive. I even gave my own ppt on linux by reading the ft for atleast 5 times and even now I refer to it. That implies how great it was written and compiled. There you have given about proc,wine in more detail and fedora installation,........
But sorry to say this present ft is nothing infront of that. Check it yourself. The font is also bad.:mad::(

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Got 2 e-mail from digit customer care today. One arrives at 6.11 P.M. asking me to tell which months DVD was faulty :eek:
Kindly let me know which month DVD is not working.

I was thinking about sending another e-mail but then I got this one
( or do I need to send another e-mail though I think not as I trust this magazine very much )

And the second one I got at 6.27 P.M. where they wrote :
We apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. Tomorrow we will dispatched a new DVD. You should be receiving it within 5-7 working days.

We have also changed our packaging to make it more robust, so you don't have to face the same problem again.

& raboo said to his team :
Can someone send him the Fedora Feb 2009 DVD asap please, and mail me when it is sent. He has also written ot the helpdesk, but has not got a response

Eagerly waiting for the DVD.................

Thanks Raboo ( Robert ) & the whole team behind this great magazine

Last edited:
Great! Digit is really improving.

But the reduction in no. of pages is disapointing. Quality OK, but Quantity less.

And the FT is more of a MAINSTREAM thing this time I guess. The previous one was much more geekish and forced us to think commandline.

j_h

Banned
Excellent Issue. I am happy with both the mag and disk content. Giving opensuse and fedora on the same issue was very generous of you guys. keep it up for next issue also. The packaging was also nice although some hard cover for the dvd would be much better.
Congratulations on a excellent issue. :D

aura

Sync dreams to reality
The DVDs given with this issues lacks the developer softwares given with the DVD in the January issue of the magazine like PHP softwares, Database tools, CAD tools etc.

I feel this issue was confined to Visual Studio express editions and an obsolete version of Dev C++. I would definitely suggest month specific Developer tools like for one month you provide us with all kind of Java tools like Netbeans,Eclipse,J2SE etc and then next month C# and so on, this will not only reduce repetation but also include a wider array of language specific tools distributed every month.

alexanderthegreat

Overlord v2.0
WONDERFUL!!! Just bought the mag. I bow to Raaabo! What a wonderful editorial! As I read it, I was like how-in-the-nine-hells-can-someone-be-that-thick-to-fall-for-it?!? And to think 1100+ people actually were suckers. Ha! A real laugh, that one. Good one, Raaabo!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Read post No. 34, 38, & 45

Got 2 e-mail from digit customer care today. One arrives at 6.11 P.M. asking me to tell which months DVD was faulty :eek:

I was thinking about sending another e-mail but then I got this one
( or do I need to send another e-mail though I think not as I trust this magazine very much )

And the second one I got at 6.27 P.M. where they wrote :

& raboo said to his team :

Eagerly waiting for the DVD.................

Thanks Raboo ( Robert ) & the whole team behind this great magazine

We apologies for the inconvenience caused to you. Tomorrow we will dispatched a new DVD. You should be receiving it within 5-7 working days.

We have also changed our packaging to make it more robust, so you don't have to face the same problem again.

Still I've not got the DVD ???????

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Just sent an e-mail. Man this is very bad. They are talking about customer service in the mag but is it the example of their own customer service ?
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Or I've to send a e-mail to servicewatch@thinkdigit.com as they have stated in the mag. :confused:

Last edited:

umakanth

Right off the assembly line
I did not receive my Feb 2009 DIGIT MAGAZINE.

Hi Digit Team,

I wanted to change the ADDRESS of my DIGIT MAGAZINE Subscription & also I did not receive the FEBRUARY-2009 Magazine till now & I have been trying to send an E-mail to " help@jasubhai.com & circulation_logistics@jasubhai.com " since 20 Days, but in Vain, both the E-mail IDs are replying with a MAILER-DAEMON Error.

Please help me with this. Please tell me whom I should send an E-mail to change my ADDRESS for my DIGIT MAGAZINE Subscription.

Thanx,
RSVP asap & aeap.
Uma Kanth.

vamsi360

Always confused
WONDERFUL!!! Just bought the mag. I bow to Raaabo! What a wonderful editorial! As I read it, I was like how-in-the-nine-hells-can-someone-be-that-thick-to-fall-for-it?!? And to think 1100+ people actually were suckers. Ha! A real laugh, that one. Good one, Raaabo!

Raboo is an intelligent guy.....he has all passwords:mad:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anybody Liseting ?

I've sent an e-mail to you on 3rd feb 2009 as my February 2009 BY DEMAND DVD was not working.

Your helpdesk replied to on 4th feb 2009 me that they will send me the DVD & they will dispatch it on 5th feb 2009.

But till today ( 25th feb 2009 ) I've not got the DVD. Can you tell me why ?

I've also sent an e-mail on 22nd Feb 2009 but haven't gotten a reply. I am surprised to see this kind of behaviour from you guys.

You guys have talked about customer service of other companies in the mag but is this the example of your own customer service ?

I will not ask for the DVD ( actually any replacement DVD in the future ) anymore ( hopefully ).

Just send an e-mail to you Raboo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom