[Preview + Feedback] Digit May 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

deba_2k_1

Broken In
friends dont even bother to post ur feedbacks here....... the digit guys r not at all concerned of this kind of reviews-feedbacks........ had they been, they would 've mended their ways long back......bcoz this is not the first time they've come out with such crap. one thing is 4 sure dudes... it will take jolly long time for DIGIT to regain wat it has lost.....

ssk_the_gr8

Make Way the LORD is Here
fast track is useless....but i was waitin for cellphone & lcd shootout , so i'll buy this issue,hope it is not only 130 pages like the last one..... the last months magazine was so thin :(

nihu

Broken In
iNFiNiTE said:
I havent renewed my subscription when it ended recently. The content is mostly boring other than an article here or there. The CD/DVD contents never seemed that interesting.

I dont know if anybody else noticed or not that the mag contents as well as the disc ones seem really good only to those who are either new in the computing field or they are restricted by lack of a good internet connection with downloading facilties.
The net offers far more refreshing and latest articles than the mag offers and there is always access to the latest demos and software updates.

Still i hope each month that the digit guys will do something that will make me buy/subscribe to the mag again.

deba_2k_1 said:
deba_2k_1

friends dont even bother to post ur feedbacks here....... the digit guys r not at all concerned of this kind of reviews-feedbacks........ had they been, they would 've mended their ways long back......bcoz this is not the first time they've come out with such crap. one thing is 4 sure dudes... it will take jolly long time for DIGIT to regain wat it has lost.....

deba_2k_1
apart from the fast track, show me 1 good reason to buy this month's DIGIT....it will b the 2nd time this yr. that I wont buy this crap.......dudes this is our hard earned money..... we cant waste it..... I would rather buy 10-12 CDs with that... the DIGIT guys cries at the enormous work-load they go through....& this is what they come up with ......CRAAAAAPPPPP.......
one request to all u readers..... while giving ur views plzz include the no. of times u skipped buying DIGIT, if that can make this DIGIT fellows realise what they r doing !!!!
I just want to know howmany friends here are ' Agree' OR 'Not Agree' with above views?
Should I be a subscriber of Digit or it is recommanded to purchase from News stand if I like any issue? Please guide me. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
nihu said:
I just want to know howmany friends here are ' Agree' OR 'Not Agree' with above views?
Should I be a subscriber of Digit or it is recommanded to purchase from News stand if I like any issue? Please guide me. Thanks in advance.

I think it is good to purchase from News stand if you like any issue.

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
Wooo!! thanks for the Fastrack on Excel ,this is one proggy you'll always be using sometime in your life.

dissel

Cyborg Agent
I am not a subscriber...always buy from news-stand....skipped Feb 2007 issue and settled with PC World coz there DL DVD contained Open SUSE 10.2 which I am using right now.

redhat

Mad and Furious
I havent bought a single edition since my subscription expired in Nov '06.

Any ways, this months issue is crap.........:mad: :mad:
And I am NOT going to buy it...
I think that our expectations from digit are tooo high now, but the team there is unable to cope up with them!

So...
Either lower your expectations............

Or switch(you know what I mean!)

I'm doing both, waiting for digit team to meet upto my lowered expectations:)) :grin:

rishitells

Always in Dreams...
I am bored! bored! an really bored! Again :mad:

NO LINUX DISTRO ????????????:mad: :mad: :mad:

Are you sleeping guys what is happening to your magazine. It cannot be compared even by last year's issued. Hah! Fast Track to excel. Why you not covered whole Microsoft Office???:confused: :confused:

If the anniversary issue will not good. I will surely stop wasting money for DIGIT.

morpheusv6

Journeyman
What happened to Ubuntu 7.04? You could have put that on your DVD. It was released on 19th April and is quite popular!!
Hopeful that you will put it on the next month's DVD.

Good contents this month though.

Sorry my bad. I just know that your DVD are set up way before. Too late to include Ubuntu I guess!

OP
FatBeing

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
morpheusv6 said:
What happened to Ubuntu 7.04? You could have put that on your DVD. It was released on 19th April and is quite popular!!
Hopeful that you will put it on the next month's DVD.

Good contents this month though.

Sorry my bad. I just know that your DVD are set up way before. Too late to include Ubuntu I guess!
Yup. Fiesty came out way too late. It looks likely for June though, plus you can get it by ShipIt. Win win.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Ryan VMS Update pack that you have given is version 2.1.8
which was realeased on 2007-03-20 but the current version is
"RyanVM Update Pack "2.1.9 " which was released on 2007-04-12.
I think you prepare the list ie which contents are going to be
provided on the CD/DVD before 20th of a current month & provide
it on the next month. So, why didn't you give us the current version
of Ryan VM's update pack as the version released on 12th of April
which could be easily added on the May month's mag. Thus we could
also get the updated version. Also you could provide the windows
version Blender.:(

You haven't provided windows server 2003 SP2 :(

I think next time you will be careful enough to add the updated versions
of softwares.

Some Suggestions:
1. Give Updated Softwares in Essential Section
For instance you could give the opera 9.20
2. Add Firefox in The Essential Section
3. Add AutoPatcherXp Monthly Update Pack in The Essential Section
4. Provide Some free e-books on various topics each month

Despite of these glitches I am going to buy DiGiT This month.!:)
Because I love the DiGiT so much that I cann't leave it, I can
only hope the the warriors behind DiGiT will improve the mag &
listen more cordially to us.

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
I had provided FatBeing with some links. I dont know why they dint use it. There was a good interactive link called as "Excel 2003 to Excel 2007 command reference guide". Its a link that we provide to our customers so that they can get used to the new look of the product. I dont know why Digit did not use it.

Here is the link:

*office.microsoft.com/en-us/excel/HA101491511033.aspx?pid=CH100648241033

g_goyal2000

Youngling
Magazine contents are good this time. CD/DVD contents are boring, old, outdated & uninteresting. Should give more multimedia & updated stuff.

skaarj

Broken In
I was thinking of starting a subscription to Digit, but then realised that every month I would be flooded with boring software. What happ DIGIT?? you used to give software to die for..now you give repeated stuff like Spybot, Winamp, etc...which anyone can download in 15 mins even on a slow connection. Why don't you give heavy game demos and Software that is 100MB+, something that the common man can't download over an average internet connection....TSK TSK!!!

Sykora

I see right through you.
Well, I got my copy yesterday, and after gving it a good once through, here's my 2 cents :

The LCD test was good. I would have hoped for another section on 20.1 widescreens, but I suppose those aren't for normal people.

The Mobile Phone shootout was definitely not what I expected.

Digit said:
It might irk you that we didn't review many phones from some leading brands. This was because we wanted to give you the bigger picture on the new brands that have entered the market and which might just displace the current leaders.
I am definitely irked. Not only were there just 2 phones from SE, but they were also compared against each other, when one was a camera phone,. and one was a walkman. I was certainly expecting something better than this. The Upper Crest goes way above 17k.

EDIT : I finally read the part where it says there'll be a separate shootout for the "creme de la creme". Point taken, I'll wait.

The rest of the magazine was average - I read it once, read it the second time, didn't feel any urges, left it.

Lastly, about the CD/DVD. My last 4 issues worth of CD/DVDs have remained untouched. There has simply been nothing that I have needed. For people who promote linux like you do, the contents of the CD/DVD (as well as the mag) are still pretty much Windows centric. I think you should start splitting the CD and DVD 50-50 with Linux and Windows.

deba_2k_1 said:
apart from the fast track, show me 1 good reason to buy this month's DIGIT....it will b the 2nd time this yr. that I wont buy this crap.......dudes this is our hard earned money..... we cant waste it..... I would rather buy 10-12 CDs with that... the DIGIT guys cries at the enormous work-load they go through....& this is what they come up with ......CRAAAAAPPPPP.......
one request to all u readers..... while giving ur views plzz include the no. of times u skipped buying DIGIT, if that can make this DIGIT fellows realise what they r doing !!!!

deba_2k_1 said:

deba_2k_1 said:
Digit Sux...digit Sux...digit Sux...digit Sux...digit Sux...digit Sux...

Are you done? You're not accomplish anything useful, and you're making an idiot out of yourself besides. Think positive. If you don't like it, don't use it. Otherwise give some meaningful feedback with reasons as to why you don't like it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom