Not open for further replies.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think DiGit guys are not paying attention to this thread

Last edited:

deba_2k_1

Broken In
after this issue how many of u still want to subscribe???? and btw, I m not at all looking forward to the anniversary issue.......I know wat they will come out with... yeah !! just being more prudent this time round..... best of luck 2 u dudes !!!

OP
FatBeing

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
vimal_mehrotra said:
omg I bought this only for cell phone shootout,and guess what IT SUCKED:x
Could you be a little more specific? What about the review sucked, for instance?

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
I thought it would be a full fledged mobile review including all the top guns in the mobile industry(like the one in last year's anniversary issue).But to my great disappointment it was a 'mini' review:(
@Tech-Yeah,I am a regular reader.

OP
FatBeing

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
vimal_mehrotra said:
I thought it would be a full fledged mobile review including all the top guns in the mobile industry(like the one in last year's anniversary issue).But to my great disappointment it was a 'mini' review:(
@Tech-Yeah,I am a regular reader.
Like the article says, the top guns are where they are. This was a test of the newcomers, looking at whether they warrant attention or not.

Sourabh

Laptoping
The mobile review was definitely not up to the mark. How else can you explain a shootout of just 21 cellphones when you are doing it after an entire year? Leaving out the hi-end and business phones from the shootout is just being lazy. People want to see N95 and the other better phones, many buy the mag just for that which is evident from people's comment in this thread. But no, digit had to conveniently do it sometime later. Fine! Could have just made the cover say - only mainstream phones. The Nokia N95 launch in India was revolutionary. I didn't find anything about its launch or the price in this issue.

Digit conveniently left out brands such as LG, Samsung from the shoot out which have good phones in the sub 18k category. It is acceptable to let more people know about the newer brands in the market, but I'm disappointed the way you have done it. Intex phones are just crap and I'm not being ignorant. I have seen the silver good buy award winner Intex Infi hang and just not work. My friend called it the biggest mistake of his life when he purchased that piece. Although, I cannot confirm but the Intex phones seem to be rebadged phones with Disney content. I was shocked to see the review criterion didn't include no. of service centers in the country and after sales support. The goof ups are there too. In the table, Infi has a negative point listed as being expensive at 5.4k whereas on the very next page, it is being said as affordable. Goof ups can be excused, not the other things.

The console article was really well written, the LCD shootout (34 of them! The 22+ inch LCDs were not left out btw) was excellent too.

It is just that when you read it in a tech mag, the readers do expect it to be articulate. The Buzzword of the month, states FSB units as MBps - but to the best I know it should be in MHz or MT/s. Another thing which I have been long waiting to be included in these shootouts is judging them on mass availability of products. Certain products are awarded best buy awards and they are rarely seen in the market or always out of stock with distributors in Mumbai. Don't be so rigid with shoot outs, explore some new ways and interesting ideas – that is all what readers ask. The web too has basic reviews, video reviews and truck load of them. People buy digit to get that extra bit. If Digit or likes don't criticize the manufacturers and distributors when they are wrong, miss out a trick, fail to provide better products then no one else will.

Quiz_Master

* Teh Flirt King *
OK readed it today. (In my college library.) . And I am very disappointed.
Mobile review was not very good. I thought that it will be like the one you gave last year but it was very small and some of the major brands were left out.
FastTrack is too Noobish in my opinion. (But still a good read.)

Honestly speaking the best things in Mag was Digit Diary (I read it first always.:D) and ADS (Vigyapan yaar...:lol: Even they are better then articles... :lol:).

blackpearl

The Devil
Sourabh said:
I have seen the silver good buy award winner Intex Infi hang and just not work. My friend called it the biggest mistake of his life when he purchased that piece.

OMG!! Silver good buy award to Intex!! Perhaps you are ignorant of the reputation of Intex among the consumers. Intex products are the worst you can possible get in the market. I know this because I own an Intex UPS and an Intex 2.1 speaker, which I bought in a moment of madness. Every Intex users I have met had one or the other complaint with their products. Even comparatively long lasting stuff such as keyboards breakdown after a few months. I have seen this myself. Intex uses very poor quality components and so have a very short life. A brand new Intex product might perform on par with some of the best manufacturers but in the long run (read as a couple of months), its going to stop working.

Please don't give any more "Best buy" awards to Intex in future. You are misleading the buyers.

soham

In the zone
Fatbeing, I have a question for you? Why havent you had a single article on Vista, a single cover story on it or any reviews or tips and tricks when others are flooding with them. Even a fast track on Vista doesnt seem to happen.
The rest of the mag was good. Where in India can I get the BR drive and media?

SGS_001

Broken In
The DVD I received with my subscription copy is corrupted and so doesn't even open !!!

Am I the only person having this issue or are there anyone else having the same problem?

emailaatif786

Always Questioning?
SGS_001 said:
The DVD I received with my subscription copy is corrupted and so doesn't even open !!!

Am I the only person having this issue or are there anyone else having the same problem?
You can send it back to them, and they will give you a new One!

agnels

Live The Dream!
FatBeing said:
Like the article says, the top guns are where they are. This was a test of the newcomers, looking at whether they warrant attention or not.

When is the shoot out of the Top guns coming????? This is the worst issue i have ever read from Digit.

sounik

Right off the assembly line
i havent recieved my digit(on subscription) till now whom sholud i contact??
i am from kolkata.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom