[Preview + Feedback] Digit February 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

satbir

Broken In
nice to see TuxGuitar 0.2 and d guitar............ digit is even giving stuff on guitar....... thats gud

Tech&ME

Banned
Hey what is this Norton Antivirus Update on the DVD ?

NavM9_Installer_20051228.DMG

Is DMG installer for Windows ? or are they started giving update installers for Mac also????

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
yuck.. whats a maxim ad doing in digit ? that too out-of-nowhere-in-the-middle of Q&A ? :p

Fast track cover looks odd.. strange i havent felt like touching it till now.. dont know whats inside so cant comment :p

book articles are decent but its getting all linked up.. that is too much of refferings to previous articles.. if i am right then digit has given up lots and lots of info jus relatin to paper displays itself.. found it mentioned in several issues...

lots of typos again too heh, i dont want a warn here so not writin, mebbe on my blog later... (Typo Killer)

and for the comparision charts, when u have a y/n type answer why the hell do they put 2 "x"s there ? it means that its neither no nor yes.. strange...

the last page is ironic, it comes next to the page where young readers send thier mail in and then the next page is a bit adulterated heh...

ads look better coloured sometimes than the mag.. heh tho I have never read them fully.. tear them out to reduce weight and increase kabbadi wala amount :lol:

Oh, I hope i havent spoken somethin offensive :( aahh have to run else i will go over a moon, oops sorry, over a warning :lol:

go4saket

First of all, thanks a lot to the Digit developers to take the pain of developing the Digit Archive software for us. Nodoubt it is going to be of great help.

Digit Archive is wroking pretty good except that it's database doesn't seem to have anything prior to Jan 2006.

I would recommend the Digit developers to add up details of atleast last six months or so. Another feature that can be added is to browse the content of a particular months CD or DVD through this software.

C

cybermanas

The Digit people better improve the quality of The Fast Track book or it is as good as not providing it.

munim2020

Broken In
i don't see why you need to waste so much space for reviewing something as lame as input devices! rest of the mag was a good though. i esp liked the articles on encryption and security(pg 143). another part which i DIDn't like was the article on mind mapping. why is it that sometimes the cd or dvd fails to read properly(some folders don't get read) and takes very long to load(or even lock up the computer).. is it my drive or the cds?

edited:
i agree with you guys.. fast track really needs to improve.

LegendKiller

In the zone
i think seriously the cd contents aren't always up to date and moreso not for common people like me..
Dunno,why they keep getting all those developer's stuff all the time..
Also my main purpose of buying digit is magazine content..
Raabo can we have magazine only lite version for about 40 Rs..
By latest i don't mean software released even 3 weeks before..

soham

In the zone
I think the shootouts are getting boring. They can bring out a shootout of the processors. Or may be between the latest SLI cards. Or sound cards. Or one mega cellphone review(like the november 2004 one)

Ankur Gupta

Wandering in time...
O yes cellphone shootout should be included in the nxt mag if possible n if not thn in april issue.its been a long time since last one came out and wen so many of u r buying us it really helps us.hope digit guys r reading this :)

Alanis

Right off the assembly line
Stop Whining

It's so sad to see people crib about stupid things.
Digit rocks, and here's why:
1. Fast Track is very good for the majority of PC users who are not (or do not falsely claim to be) "experts"
2. The DVD and CD contents ROCK! A billion times better than the "other" magazines you people keep harping about
3. The magazine has some really good articles, and the writing styles are so much better than the other bland and boring technology mags out there.

People on this forum love to niggle about small things. QWERTYwhatever... how can you talk about typoes when you can't seem to type straight yourself.

PS: I loved the mouse and keyboard reviews, and digit is right, we hardly ever pay attention when buying these things...perhaps that's why my wrist hurts as I type this out :)

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Whew . ... Finally my broadband is restored ... Okay I bought this month's Digit after Mumbai Meet 3 .. I must say the magazine contents rocked ....

Most articles by Nimish were great .. The Overbrain become more technical though (my cousin didnt read it :p .. He said it was boring) .. I liked the cryptography one more .. :D ..

1 thing I missed ... There was no CES coverage ... And those Maxim ads .. eww .. I havent checked the DVD and Cd as yet .. so dunno whats in them ...

FatBeing

Administratus Rotundus
it_waaznt_me said:
Whew . ... Finally my broadband is restored ... Okay I bought this month's Digit after Mumbai Meet 3 .. I must say the magazine contents rocked ....

Most articles by Nimish were great .. The Overbrain become more technical though (my cousin didnt read it :p .. He said it was boring) .. I liked the cryptography one more .. :D ..

1 thing I missed ... There was no CES coverage ... And those Maxim ads .. eww .. I havent checked the DVD and Cd as yet .. so dunno whats in them ...

First order of business:
Thanks.

Second order of business:
Please turn to page 26.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom