[Preview + Feedback] Digit February 2006

Status
Not open for further replies.

Simple_Graduate

Broken In
I liked the article “Create your own e-book�. The idea of sharing your story with friends and family without the bother of getting it printed like a normal book is very appealing for me.

In this regard I have an analogy:

I go to a shop and buy a book. I bring it home and read it, then I give it to my brother to read, after he’s done he passes it on to my father and mother etc. I can also share that book with my friends. In this way one book has been read by many people.

When I buy an e-book and share it with a few friends why is it called piracy? Why does one person have to buy one e-book…does it make any sense for every family member to purchase his own copy?

Piracy in printed books means someone illegaly making copies and selling them and this should also apply to e-books. I ask this question because I want to get a e-book from the net but can’t pay for it since I don’t have a credit card. If I ask around and my friends have already bought a copy, why can’t they just send it to me by e-mail? It is not piracy since that friend is not selling the e-book to me…is it?

Mr. Graduate,

There is one problem with your analogy:

When you buy a book in the real world, you can share it with your family, and it would be ridiculous for every family member to purchase multiple copies of the same book.

In the digital world it is not one e-book per person...rather it is one digital product PER COMPUTER. So you buy the e-book and put it on your computer and other family members can read it on that machine. If you pass it around by e-mail or cd to another computer that is piracy.

What particuar e-book are you keen on buying?

Simple_Graduate

Broken In
I understand your point Mr. Wannabe :p

BTW you're in Udhampur? Check your PM.

I actually wanted this book:

*www.iuniverse.com/bookstore/book_detail.asp?isbn=0-595-76754-0

To get it free I guess I should request DIGIT to carry this e-book in their CD for March.

renegadesoldier

Right off the assembly line
Hi,

This is really wierd, I just put the Digit CD (not the DVD, but the CD) and it seems to have the contents of PC Quest Feb 2006!!! :shock: :(

After that happened I got on the net to see if anyone else has the same issue but so far I haven't found any clues.

Any idea on how the contents of PC Quest CD landed inside the Digit CD???

FYI: I'm sure the CD is the Digit CD, the print on the CD is says its the Digit Feb 2006, only the content inside the disc are of PC Quest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom