[Preview + Feedback] Dec 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Techn0crat

RPG FTW!!!
Yeah man...I was surprised to see that FTs are missing and after april issue nest are all messed up.
Also when I scroll June and October issue,PDF-XChange Viewer stops working.Have to install some other PDF viewer.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
We'll look into the PDF mess... If it's all jumbled, we will fix it and at least give the May 09 issue in our Jan DVD... or all of them again.

Anorion will announce in this thread which it will be. Apologies for the inconvenience.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nov 09 pdf is also missing - add it also.

BTW, Just read the DiRT 2 review - great ! :p

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ I have not opened them as I bought all 2009 issues but want them for archival purpose.

Some Feedbacks : ( comments are personal :p )

I'am just clueless what that winter ear protector was doing in the tech vid - I know they provided it for some fun but still that was not needed and I ain't got much fun of it.

Foobar tips was good but the audio was not so.

The samsung smartphone review is very good .

The review of a color site though is deatiled enough but it hears like the background commentary made by a guy who was very recently awaken from a deep sleep :p

The movie tech vid ( the tech vid person behind blue ) is good enough but the audio quality is not that good.

Overall - Guys for heaven's sake improve the Audio quality :!:

Now the mag : Read upto the drool-mall section

The articles are really good and got to know about some new news - very informative and well written :p

& BTW, The DiRT 2 review also great - detailed to the point - just tempted to buy this game :p

Plasma_Snake

Indidiot
Lots of praises I see. Well hate to be a critic but someone has to do it. :cool:

1. The Pros and Cons of Uncharted 2 were same as of Brutal Legend. Printing error? I mean uncharted 2 has been touted as the best-game ever (Comic book guy :-D) by some folks and here u guys are, botching up the review.
  2. As for the fast Track, what were u guys trying to build? No seriously for a buying guide, it was a poor effort. All the gadget genres were like, this is good 'cause it has this. That is pricey but it has that. I mean there was no clear winner at the end of the each article, like u normally give when doing shootouts in the magazine. I'm sure if someone picks up the FT for deciding what to buy, he would surely get puzzled. Please be cohesive and conclusive. :smile:
Till i find further mistakes, Adios Amigos :!:

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
I loved the contents and the issue this time except for some parts i didnt understand ...
1. Open solaris was provided some time ago , so it was an unnecessary repeat. You could have given opensuse or mint in bootable form in its place.
2. The choice award and agent one in fast track were quite the same and it could have been put together in the fast track, saving paper and plus it couldve given more space to the tips n tricks section.
Anyways thanks.

suyash_123

Techno Freak
Hey Any body checked the dvd.(playware).
That show Tom and Jerry on the cd .
But ther is no Tom and jerry there in dv.
lease check and reply.
Does digit Cheated!

HEy Check out the movie section and The ovie of some monster one...... ;-)

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------

lease check and reply.
Does digit Cheated!

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
lease check and reply.
Does digit Cheated!

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------

lease check and reply.
Does digit Cheated!

there is s tom n jerry game under symbian mobile section if not mistaken

Kirktk

Right off the assembly line
Reg. Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate Ed. Beta2:-

Requirments are high.. will not install on machines with RAM < 1GB

Also do we need any product key [autorun version of setup displays a screen for key]? Install does start without the key from setup.exe though!

Kindly let me know if anyone has successfully installed/configured VS 2010 beta 2

It is really nice to have beta/trial versions of products which are otherwise hard to come by for end users bec. of bandwidth and other limitations.

Kudos for Dec.2009 edn. ..

Reg: Digit Mag:-
The Mag is improving.. on all levels..
One small suggestion.... The Desktop Warrior /Tried & Tested could have included brands like HP also.

Though I would like to see a bit more of coding, but certainly not at the expense of the Mag's 'Mojo'

DigitCritic

Broken In
The contents of the DVDs are good but the articles have not really impressed. I was really expecting alot from this december issue especially when it is 2009 Collector's Edition but my expectations were half met.

There were some great articles,some seemed half baked, some not really impressive.
The start with interesting article from Raabo and review of Ubuntu 9.10 was nice start but the article " TED Comes to India " seemed half baked. Honestly to people like me who are not aware about TED the article gives very less background, there was just one line about TED, infact there are two articles on TED which could have been clubbed into just one.

Two pages were given for OpenSolaris ?:?: which I thought was sheer waste as OpenSolaris has been covered alot. Instead those two pages could have been used to cover Visual Studio 2010. Moreover separate disc is being provided on it for the first time.

---------- Post added at 05:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:59 PM ----------

continued...

I enjoyed "Fun on the run" article and articles on google wave,facebook were also cool but got disappointed on the selection of products in "Digital Life" section. I mean motorola aura !!!!!!! is it really an exciting mobile ??

Articles like " In touch with tomorrow","The touchables","Gains from loss" were really good and wished could they have been more lengthy. On the other hand "home sound home" was just average kind of.

One more thing, in article " A flick in a click" you have addressed seventymm as 3rd best movie rental site which was really odd as this site has been notorious about its bad services and not even refunding the security deposits of their subscribers,I have seen and heard many such cases about it.

"Tips and Tricks " has become my most sought after section of the magazine has proved the saviour of the day many times.However I have some queries about ZERO Awards, could you please give more insight about it how they are given to a product ?

Last edited:

toofan

Technomancer
Why this Issue is called collectors Issue?
What there to collect. The magazine has nothing special this month. :-(

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 PM ----------

Yes the DVD content is excellent. But there were no photo shop tools, tips and tricks involved.:-(

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
For me it was collecting The vista x64 sp2 and those old movies coupled with loads of visual enhancement apps :p

BTW, Wish you all - a Marry Christmas and a happy new year :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom