[Preview + Feedback] Dec 2009

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krow

Crowman
Delivery superb. I get the copy before the month starts and also before i get the your copy has been dispatched SMS.

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
@ComputerUser: That course is done! There wont be any more now. We will keep giving new courses though.

@PDFs: We HAVE given the PDFs of the issues from Jan to Nov 2009. No one can upload the FT PDFs, because no one has them. If you want them, you will have to buy them from the Digit store.

NVIDIAGeek

Long Live Gojira!
I guess the last issue of that year will be awesome. In the yesteryear issue, Fallout 3, SR2, S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky, Dead Space were awesomely reviewed. Now, Uncharted 2! DiRT 2! And, MW2!! Looks amazin'!

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ok. got the mag on yesterday night.

Here's the new face of the our most wanted app from digit :

*www.imgx.org/pfiles/20197/dga.png

There are few minor glitches with the archive. I'm facing the same error in both vista and xp on startup of this app :

*www.imgx.org/pfiles/20198/dgae.png

All current version of dot net framework provided on the DISC is installed in both xp and vista.

The drop down boxes for section, category and year are empty. When I clicked the update button a error message box appeared with this codes ( below ) the app just hanged. Waiting for a bug free version.

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Archive0._2.frmArchive.UpdateArchive()
   at Archive0._2.frmArchive.btnUpdate_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.1433 (REDBITS.050727-1400)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Archive
    Assembly Version: 0.3.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.3.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Digit/DSA/Archive.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Data
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_32/System.Data/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Last edited:

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Now a few word about the mag :p

The mag paper quality is excellent and the font spacing and the tone of darkness is also best. The color used is also of great quality. Keep it up.

The articles are looking good though had not got time to read them.

The game reviews are looking excellent :p

The fast track is though a little too thin but filled with all buying mantra of quality tech pieces from the Agent 001 :p

The disc contents are also filled with great contents. Those movies and videos provided are some of the great contents to collect.

The mega bunch of freeware and oss apps will make anyone's mind turn to using legitimate freeware apps and will let all know that there are a great amount of quality free apps available for some really little but useful work with your pc and OS.

The OS provided on the discs are something one would want to try.

The recovery tools and those 900MB KDE tools for windows are really some of the must have :p

Last edited:

Krow

Crowman
Just saw Digit TV. Great work I must say. :) Loved the ep totally. The start is hilarious. Who wrote the script for that one? Kudos to that person. Good acting by Rossi and Sid too. I just loved the part when they showed the noise isolation part. Rossi must have needed some practice to keep a straight face. :D Informative too. The audio is however still not up to the mark. During foobar (cursed, really) the voice is cracking up a bit, although it is fully understandable. Many places, the audio is echoing, please take care of that. Great music choice too. Especially the part when Aditya talks in the video. I hope your ears are back to their original shape and size. :p Overall this one gets a :doublethumb: from me, for being very informative as well as entertaining. :)

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
@NVIDIAGeek: Yeah, but would be better if we did everything in your siggy

@topgear: This is exactly the kind of feedback we want. Thank you for taking the trouble. We are starting from scratch with a new build on the archives, we dont have the source for the old one... The FT is a little too thin, we'll try and ensure that does not happen. Do let us know what you feel about the articles though, once you have read em.

@Krow: We are trying to improve the readability, at the same time give as much content as possible. The intro was not scripted, ad-libbed by Static and Cyberjunkie, and that was a one take wonder. We'll work on the sound. No comments on the action bit?

Krow

Crowman
Ad libbed you say? That's awesome. They get the Johnny English award for pushing in your ears from me. Really great job. :doublethumb: I'll watch it again, this time on my Home Theater and drop in more feedback.

layzee

■■■■■■
As for the magazine
1. Great content
2. Nice layout
3. Good design (Especially with the game reviews)

staticsid

Team Digit
Thank you Krow !

Although there is scope for improvement, we're quite pleased with ourselves about digit TV. :lol:

Checkout the last bit - an interview with James Bomalic - the action director for Blue. He's also worked on many many hollywood blockbusters including DieHard 4.
We got to know first hand what goes into those fantastic stunts. How they're done. How's the physics calculated. How the pyro guys blow up ****. Its crazy!

Krow

Crowman
I saw that in passing, was overwhelmed by your opening standup comedy and hence I posted. Good job, really. Rossi's straight face was really funny. Noise isolation lol!

hotshot05

I luv Digit
Will buy this soon.
Bought <another tech mag> already. It was great.

Now let's see what Digit has got this month.

sriharsha_madineni

Cyborg Agent
Archives
Digit Archive - Magazine PDFs of the previous year (note: Digit Magazine PDFs from January 2009 to November 2009)
May issue is missing in Past issues folder and names are mismatched after April.
Its not from Jan09, you included Dec-08 and skipped May-09:fc_bat::D
What is the use of the special issue without all the updated PDFs of Digit and FT? We all wait for it a year and then we are told that the same old thing is given. Disappointing!
+1
Also FT is missing:-x

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom