• Microsoft Special DVD

Plus Subscribers also get
  • Special Rewind DVD
  • Digit Mini -- Collector's edition book

Detailed Contents

Magazine Contents

Enter
  • Inbox
  • Buzz: Google TV, Airtel's new broadband plans, Nintendo's glassless 3D handheld console, Steam coming to OSX and more.
  • Industry Connect: We speak to some of the greenest tech companies around (including HCL, Gigabyte, NEC, AMD and NVidia), and get a feel of their contribution to the environment.
  • Entrepreneurship watch: Chetan Maini is one of those rare people who get to live their dreams. As a young boy growing up in Bangalore, cars defined his world. At 39, Maini is setting automotive benchmarks for the world to follow.

Connections
  • Web Watch: What's happening online, includes threadsy, IE9, Your Version and Google Reader Play.
  • Mobile Watch: blackberry's push notifications, Tegra 2 based devices, the april 3G auction, and a look at Opera Mini 5.

Digital Life
  • Drool Maal
  • Geek life -- On your Cyberspace trail: Web sites and services extensively log user behaviour. The data is used for advertising, improving content, legal proceedings and sometimes, nefarious activities. We show you how the data is mined, how it looks, and what it is used for
  • *COVER STORY* DIY -- Open Design and free culture: A look at open source design ideas that are treating waste as a resource, and neat ideas on useful things you can make with old PC components
  • *COVER STORY* Feature - Greevest for the future: Digit Profiles citizens who are using alternative sources of energy to cut down their electricity bils, in the process leading cleaner and greener lives
  • *COVER STORY* Go Green = Save Money: Eight simple steps that can help you save enough to subscribe to Digit for 9 years.
  • *COVER STORY* DIY: Hooked to the Sun - Basic solar powered electricity

Sci-Tech
  • *COVER STORY* Tomorrow’s Tech - 5 Inventions that will save the earth: from harnessing the power that fuels the sun to little black boxes of wonder, wwe look at 5 inventions from the cutting edge of green technology that could save our planet.
  • How Stuff Works -- Evergreen? Last month we looked at NVidia's shiny new DX11 offering. AMD has been in this segment for quite a while now, so it's only fair we look at the GPU family that almost single-handedly restored their dwindling fortunes

Street Smart
  • Agent 001 -- Making the Right Call: Agent 001 is on a mission to find three very different smartphones for three very different users.
  • Killer Rigs
  • Price Watch
  • Consumer Protection

Toolbox
Tips and Tricks
  • Google Buzz
  • Opera 10.5
  • Growl for Windows
  • Listary
  • KMPLayer
Q & A

Tried and Tested
  • Bazaar
  • Mobile Phone Test: The entry level cellphone market is all set to explode with loads of new brands and extensive feature lists at never before prices. We help you choose from 30 options.
  • Crank it up: Desktop speaker and iPod dock test

Tech@Work
  • Secure your career - Frequent attacks, fraud, economic espionage, computer hacking involving the smallest companies to giants like Google makes IT security a career option woth looking at
  • Developer corner -- I T TWogrammer: Twitter has taken the world by storm. Learn how you could get hold of the mileage and create apps for the largest microblogging site on the internet.

ESC
  • Unwind
  • Battlefield Bad Company 2 Review
  • God of War 3 Review
  • Community
  • Digit 101

Fast Track to Creating Facebook Apps
Read this month's Fast Track and learn how to create your own Facebook app. You will then have the potential to earn tonnes of money, if you can commercialize and popularise your app. But that's not all, you could also stand a chance of winning Rs. 20,000 worth of exciting prizes, if you take part in our Facebook App contest... buy the issue, read the Fast Track, and find out how. Grab your copy today!

BONUS Microsoft DVD
  • Office 2010 Beta
  • Windows XP SP3
  • IE8
  • Microsoft Security Essentials
  • Windows Live Essentials
  • Sharepoint 2010
  • Project 2010
  • Visio 2010

Subscribers Only
  • The Digit Rewind DVD. The Digit Rewind DVD is a journey through the history of computing, following the important developments from the 1970s to the 2010s and beyond. The Video DVD has an hour and a half of entertaining footage from different periods of computing, including the early GUIs, the launch of the first operating systems, the growth of software and it's piracy, the evolution of video games and the emergence of virtual communities. The DVD also explores a bit of the near future, including the progress of the Internet over the next decade and augumented reality.
  • Digit Mini - The Digit Mini Booklet is a compendium of tech tech facts, quotes, mind games, trivia and more. This booklet is every self-respecting geek's pocket companion.

Digit DVD Contents

This month, we have 6 distros, videos, books and more – you'll find them all on Digit DVDs. Besides, there's more for our subscribers. Don't miss out on exclusive subscriber offerings.

Mindware Highlights

• 200+ multimedia, internet and system freeware
  • An entire video course - Introduction to Computer Science and Programming with examples, slideshows, handouts and tests.
  • 5 Audiobooks - A Journey to the Interior of the Earth, The Prince, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, The Colors of Space and Andersen's Fairy Tales
  • TED Videos
  • Whitepapers including MPEG Encoding Overview, Direct3D SDK 10 Whitepapers, OpenGL SDK 10 Whitepapers, NVIDIA GPU Programming Guide and Using Ajax to Empower Dynamic Searching
  • 3 Linux Distros - eLive 2.0, SystemRescue CD 1.4 (latest version) and Tinycore 2.9

Playware Highlights
  • Freeware games including Upshift StrikeRacer 1, War Rock 20081102 and Order of War: Challenge
  • The Unreal Development Kit beta 3, with example game Whizzle
  • Game trailers including 4 HD videos of Crysis 2 and Deus Ex: Human Evolution
  • Casual games including Urban Brawl free game and Bontago
  • Drivers for ATI and NVIDIA cards
  • HD Trailers of upcoming movies including Defendor and Iron Man 2
  • 7 Free Music albums, of various genres
  • 3 HTPC Distros Piren 8.12, Mythdora 12 and Element OS

For a more detailed DVD contents list, just view this excel file: 2010-April-DVDContents.xls - 0.28MB

Last edited:

hot zubs

live life king like...
Somethin special only for subscribers :-(
what about non subscribers like me???
Nothing special for us hun!!!

jayantr7

In the zone
why fr only subscribers?wat abt non-subscribers?
think of it...non subscribers make DIGIT more money as they buy from news stand[price fixed]..but subscribers get discount...think you'll make more from non-subscribers...

ONE THING I WANNA ASK YOU---HOW MANY SUBSCRIBERS ARE THERE??:p

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth
If u non subscribers also want free candy, then obviously u need to subscribe :p

---------- Post added at 06:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

why fr only subscribers?wat abt non-subscribers?
think of it...non subscribers make DIGIT more money as they buy from news stand[price fixed]..but subscribers get discount...think you'll make more from non-subscribers...

ONE THING I WANNA ASK YOU---HOW MANY SUBSCRIBERS ARE THERE??:p

Only subscribers gives the assurance that they have faith on the mag and whatever happens there will still be people who are waiting for the next issue...

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
lol... ok, maybe I need to reword that. There is something special for news stands as well. There is a little something extra-special for the subscribers. It's just our way of saying thanks, nothing else.

jayantr7

In the zone
lol... ok, maybe I need to reword that. There is something special for news stands as well. There is a little something extra-special for the subscribers. It's just our way of saying thanks, nothing else.
can you just please tell me howm many subscribers are there??the survey which you'll gave shold have helped DIGIT a lot...
i want about comparisons of diferent products,softwares etc

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
^The survey is a regular part of the publication process, and it will take some time to churn all the data. Will have to check the numbers, don't know it off-hand. The number is a pretty rough indication anyway, there are many institutional subscribers (schools, colleges, libraries etc), and the issues here have a high readership (many people read a single issue). Imma not even sure I'm allowed to disclose the numbers even if I find out. We are the only tech magazine in the IRS list of top 25 magazines in India though.

krishnandu.sarkar

Simply a DIGITian
Staff member
Only subscribers gives the assurance that they have faith on the mag and whatever happens there will still be people who are waiting for the next issue...

I don't agree. Coz I'm a regular reader of Digit since 2006. I've each and every issue on my book-rack. I dont sold them 4 future reference. And as like subscriber's I also eagerly wait 4 the next issue. The only reason I can't subscribe is that I can't pay the sum in one go. My dad can't afford that sum in a go. But looking at Digit's new subscribtion options it seems I will b able to be a subscriber now.

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
I don't agree. Coz I'm a regular reader of Digit since 2006. I've each and every issue on my book-rack. I dont sold them 4 future reference. And as like subscriber's I also eagerly wait 4 the next issue. The only reason I can't subscribe is that I can't pay the sum in one go. My dad can't afford that sum in a go. But looking at Digit's new subscribtion options it seems I will b able to be a subscriber now.

+1

I have my collection from April 1998, when digit was called as Chip. I have it along with my discs. Subscription charges are too high thats why I am not subscribing.

OP
Anorion

Anorion

Sith Lord
Staff member
Admin
@azaad_shri75: yes, there are mobos, cpus and a gfx card in the Bazaar section, but no comparison test this time around

criztle

Advocate | Lawyer
my father also have chip and when digit was founded

i take digit through our magzine vendor is this subscribing?

rhitwick

Democracy is a myth

That was my issue once when I wan in college...
Now dat I earn, I did d the first thing is a subscribe...it ensures dat I'm not gonna miss a copy...

If I miss, I'm gonna barge to Digit office, its easy now as I stay in Mumbai now ... ;-)

criztle

Advocate | Lawyer
i am considering for subscribing
how much time it will take if i online subscrib to deliver the speakers and issues ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom