Preview + Feedback [April 2010]

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayantr7

In the zone
we will buy another mag if you'll [digit]do this subscriber's love again...pc-world iz better than digit[well,errrr, :p sorry for saying]
i hope the mag content this time would not be crap like march's issue....:p

everything of digi iz good except DVD's

amalkant

Right off the assembly line
Well its for those people who seem to be really sad, of not getting extra benefits for being non-subscriber.
The fact is prices are fixed on News stands but the sum of Rs 25 to 30 goes in pocket of the News stand sales person.

Where as being a subscriber you pay all the money To Digit Team for their hard Work ....they come up with...

And for Encouraging this they come up with Gifts and other stuffs :-o

Just think Before Saying:-x ... and the truth is Digit is Lot better. than others ..In India :-o

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
So why don't you also subscribe and save money and get other benefits?

We are subscribers and are spoilt child :glass-jumping:

I was a subscriber for 4 years, but I used to receive the issue on the 15th, makes no sense, as the news stand buyers would get it on the 1st or 2nd. Also, not all issues are worth it. The subscription cost is very high and why do I have to pay for 12 issues in a year when I am interested in getting just 3-4 issues in a year?

I am a subscriber of two other IT magazines because I feel that every issue is worth the price I pay, so I am okay investing a lump sum. I have subscribed them for 3 years because its worth the money.

But other than the discount and free gifts, you give your subscribers extra stuff just because they are subscribers is not something a reader would accept. Doing something like this makes it clear that digit is discriminating between subscribers and non subscribers.

Subscribers are Children
News Stand Buyers are Step-Children

I also hesitate to subscribe because of an incident that happened a few years back, when subscribers were asked to pay Rs.50/- extra for the Terminator DVD and Motocross Madness CD

As per the subscription form, digit says 4 Special Issues @ Rs.200/- and 8 Regular Issues @ Rs.150/- which makes it Rs.2000/-. This is what is said in the subscription form for the past 2 years. The special issues come in June, October and in December, can digit tell us when is the 4th Special Issue coming in the year? I have not seen it in the past two years. So that Rs.50/- extra shown is also gone, right?

How about the magazine only subscribers? Do they also get the extra DVD and the book? After all they are also "Subscribers"

PS: I am not against any subscriber but I am just not comfortable with Digits attitude of discriminating between subscribers and news stand buyers.

[/COLOR]
@Anorion

Is "Windows XP SP3" trial version ???

Its only the SP3 not the full OS or the trial of the OS

Last edited:

samridh94

Right off the assembly line
hey plz i need those digit review dvd and that booklet meant only for subscribers.
i m preparin for tcs it wiz and i simply cant afford to miss that, I have been waitin for this ever since
plz we pay more than subscribers(literally) and it wud be CRUEL of digit to treat us like that.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
I was a subscriber for 4 years, but I used to receive the issue on the 15th, makes no sense, as the news stand buyers would get it on the 1st or 2nd. Also, not all issues are worth it. The subscription cost is very high and why do I have to pay for 12 issues in a year when I am interested in getting just 3-4 issues in a year?

We have completely re-vamped our subscription dispatches, and we spend a lot of time and money making sure that subscribers get their issues on time. I think we can all see the results of the efforts put in by our dispatch team, and management, by reading the posts on this forum itself... Very often subscribers get issues even before news stand people do.

I am a subscriber of two other IT magazines because I feel that every issue is worth the price I pay, so I am okay investing a lump sum. I have subscribed them for 3 years because its worth the money.

I hope that we can offer you enough to consider a subscription to us as well. Send me feedback at editor at thinkdigit dot com, as to why you don't feel like subscribing. No magazine can please you all the time, but we will certainly try and please everyone most of the time.

Honestly, I don't think you'll find another magazine as interactive and accessible as Digit - we answer thousands of emails and hundreds of phone calls a month, and interact daily on many social networking platforms (including here) with our readers. Team Digit is the most accessible editorial team in the country, so please, send us feedback, because we implement every sensible request. I need to add the word "sensible", because I still get request mails and phone calls for cracks, pirated OSes, pirated software suites, and the like - some things never change!

But other than the discount and free gifts, you give your subscribers extra stuff just because they are subscribers is not something a reader would accept. Doing something like this makes it clear that digit is discriminating between subscribers and non subscribers.

Subscribers are Children
News Stand Buyers are Step-Children

That's an unfair comment. We do not treat any of our readers like children, step or otherwise. Even though we have readers as young as eight, who actually qualify to be called children, we've always interacted with every community member (whether a reader of the magazine, or even all the non-mag-readers on this forum and other sites), with respect, dignity and patience.

I also hesitate to subscribe because of an incident that happened a few years back, when subscribers were asked to pay Rs.50/- extra for the Terminator DVD and Motocross Madness CD

That matter was explained in a letter to the subscribers. I think it was made clear that it was a one-off occurrence, and the subscribers were given a choice as to what to do.

As per the subscription form, digit says 4 Special Issues @ Rs.200/- and 8 Regular Issues @ Rs.150/- which makes it Rs.2000/-. This is what is said in the subscription form for the past 2 years. The special issues come in June, October and in December, can digit tell us when is the 4th Special Issue coming in the year? I have not seen it in the past two years. So that Rs.50/- extra shown is also gone, right?

Wrong. That's exactly what this issue is. It's the first of 4 special issues that we have promised our subscribers.

How about the magazine only subscribers? Do they also get the extra DVD and the book? After all they are also "Subscribers"

No, the magazine-only subscribers are promised 12 magazines a year, and that's exactly what they get. It's clear in the subscription offer itself that they won't get any DVDs or extras. It's meant for the people who just want to read Digit magazine and aren't interested in any of the other offerings we have.

PS: I am not against any subscriber but I am just not comfortable with Digits attitude of discriminating between subscribers and news stand buyers.

I seriously cannot understand how this is discrimination?

You're paying Rs. 150 for a regular Digit, and you're getting everything you paid for (1 mag, 1 FT, 2 DVDs), PLUS a bonus Microsoft DVD (details in the first post) thrown in for free.

Whilst subscribers are getting additional items, which they have already paid for...

---------- Post added at 02:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:03 PM ----------

April preview link is fixed... it's *www.issuu.com/thinkdigit/docs/digit_apr_10

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
That's an unfair comment. We do not treat any of our readers like children, step or otherwise. Even though we have readers as young as eight, who actually qualify to be called children, we've always interacted with every community member (whether a reader of the magazine, or even all the non-mag-readers on this forum and other sites), with respect, dignity and patience.

The word "children" is not what I wanted to highlight. its like, you like your son more than your step son or you like your daughter more than your step-daughter...that's what I was trying to tell you. Rather I should say that you are a father to your subscribers but a step-father to your news stand readers, means you would always love your own kids more than other's. I know that you don't consider your readers as children.

Wrong. That's exactly what this issue is. It's the first of 4 special issues that we have promised our subscribers.

First of 4 special issues means? There are just 3 special issues in 12 months so how can you give 4 special issues in 12 months?

I seriously cannot understand how this is discrimination?

You're paying Rs. 150 for a regular Digit, and you're getting everything you paid for (1 mag, 1 FT, 2 DVDs), PLUS a bonus Microsoft DVD (details in the first post) thrown in for free.

Whilst subscribers are getting additional items, which they have already paid for...

Nothing was mentioned about the free items that they had paid for in the subscription form. Also if they had paid for it or if you had included the amount in the subscription charges, news stand buyers are also ready to pay for it and buy the same. why not give us the same at a higher price? That's the only thing you had to do. This is why we call it as discrimination. If you had given the same stuff to both, I would not call it as discrimination.

sandeepkochhar

In the zone
Raabo:- I hope you remember the Patron scheme launched by Digit a few years ago. That was the cheapest ever gimmick done by any respectful magazine to gain loyalty. Loyalty is by content.

Patron program for the knowledge of new readers was a program initiated by digit around 2004-05 in which one has to put the unique number on the website and gain Patron points and then redeem them at a later stage.
Nothing wrong about the scheme as such but after launching they forgot to give it even a look. Redeemable gifts were never updated and Digit patron thread was flooded with complaints and no body from the responsible/approachable Digit team ever responded in that thread.

Finally after grand failure of the scheme they closed it down after an year or so.
One of the gifts was a National Geographic Photos CD which on the face looked very promising. But what one got from it was poor 400*300 resolution photos not even worth looking once. Do National Geographic photographers work with VGA cameras???

I guess that the case wouldn't be better with other gifts if people were to lucky to get them.

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
Raabo:- I hope you remember the Patron scheme launched by Digit a few years ago. That was the cheapest ever gimmick done by any respectful magazine to gain loyalty. Loyalty is by content.

Patron program for the knowledge of new readers was a program initiated by digit around 2004-05 in which one has to put the unique number on the website and gain Patron points and then redeem them at a later stage.
Nothing wrong about the scheme as such but after launching they forgot to give it even a look. Redeemable gifts were never updated and Digit patron thread was flooded with complaints and no body from the responsible/approachable Digit team ever responded in that thread.

Finally after grand failure of the scheme they closed it down after an year or so.
One of the gifts was a National Geographic Photos CD which on the face looked very promising. But what one got from it was poor 400*300 resolution photos not even worth looking once. Do National Geographic photographers work with VGA cameras???

I guess that the case wouldn't be better with other gifts if people were to lucky to get them.

Digit Patron...I just forgot to mention this point. It was supposed to be back on Feb 15th 2007...with new items...before closing it down, digit said that it was revamping...and now its gone in the air...

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

We have completely re-vamped our subscription dispatches, and we spend a lot of time and money making sure that subscribers get their issues on time. I think we can all see the results of the efforts put in by our dispatch team, and management, by reading the posts on this forum itself... Very often subscribers get issues even before news stand people do.

I was in Kerala last year for a month and a half. As there was no news stand guys selling Digit, I had to order it online to my Kerala address. It took 12 days for the magazine to reach. If I plan to move to my house in Kerala, and if I subscribe the magazine, when do I expect the magazine to reach me? Also please note that I collected it from the courier guys the day it reached the courier office (because they don't have a home delivery in my locality)

I hope that we can offer you enough to consider a subscription to us as well. Send me feedback at editor at thinkdigit dot com, as to why you don't feel like subscribing. No magazine can please you all the time, but we will certainly try and please everyone most of the time.

Honestly, I don't think you'll find another magazine as interactive and accessible as Digit - we answer thousands of emails and hundreds of phone calls a month, and interact daily on many social networking platforms (including here) with our readers. Team Digit is the most accessible editorial team in the country, so please, send us feedback, because we implement every sensible request. I need to add the word "sensible", because I still get request mails and phone calls for cracks, pirated OSes, pirated software suites, and the like - some things never change!

Digit is good but not the best.

You need to have a 1 Year subscription at a very lower rate. If you can give 18 issues at Rs.2000/-, you can also give 12 issues at Rs.1333/-, the equation is the same.

Techn0crat

RPG FTW!!!
What about guys like me who buy digit from news stand because they can't afford to pay for subscription?
Honestly,If you don't want to give Extra DVD to news stand buyers then upload those extra contents on megaupload or torrents.We well download it and save you guys from DVD and Book expenses.

Digit Patron...I just forgot to mention this point. It was supposed to be back on Feb 15th 2007...with new items...before closing it down, digit said that it was revamping...and now its gone in the air...

---------- Post added at 03:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:40 PM ----------

I was in Kerala last year for a month and a half. As there was no news stand guys selling Digit, I had to order it online to my Kerala address. It took 12 days for the magazine to reach. If I plan to move to my house in Kerala, and if I subscribe the magazine, when do I expect the magazine to reach me? Also please note that I collected it from the courier guys the day it reached the courier office (because they don't have a home delivery in my locality)

Digit is good but not the best.

You need to have a 1 Year subscription at a very lower rate. If you can give 18 issues at Rs.2000/-, you can also give 12 issues at Rs.1333/-, the equation is the same.

lol...enough for the subscribers..I think i will rent the magazine to all my friends this time..there should be equality for both...and regarding the SPECIAL magazine for subscribers:?::?:...I will get the special issue from my friend (subscriber) and this is just so lame..:shock::shock:

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Subscriber issue price is Rs. 200, with the extra Microsoft DVD, Digit Mini and Rewind DVD. For News stands, it's Rs. 150, with an extra free DVD.

We never promised 4 special issues to anyone but the subscribers, and since we have promised them that, they get a "Subscriber Special Issue" this month, worth the Rs. 200 -- which they have already paid for.

I think it's always a case of the grass being greener. Ever since I started on this forum, I've seen news stand people mocking subscribers, and vice versa.

The truth of the matter is that each type of reader gets certain benefits, and if we argue or get angry about this topic, it's about as pointless and never ending as our Windows vs Mac threads. Both sides are passionate, and both sides believe that they're right... an eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind.

I understand Rajiv's sentiments of not having an option to buy, though, and we'll look into what's possible, if anything. Obviously, we can't commit to anything just yet.

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
Subscriber issue price is Rs. 200, with the extra Microsoft DVD, Digit Mini and Rewind DVD. For News stands, it's Rs. 150, with an extra free DVD.

We never promised 4 special issues to anyone but the subscribers, and since we have promised them that, they get a "Subscriber Special Issue" this month, worth the Rs. 200 -- which they have already paid for.

I think it's always a case of the grass being greener. Ever since I started on this forum, I've seen news stand people mocking subscribers, and vice versa.

The truth of the matter is that each type of reader gets certain benefits, and if we argue or get angry about this topic, it's about as pointless and never ending as our Windows vs Mac threads. Both sides are passionate, and both sides believe that they're right... an eye for an eye will leave the whole world blind.

I understand Rajiv's sentiments of not having an option to buy, though, and we'll look into what's possible, if anything. Obviously, we can't commit to anything just yet.

First of all, I don't think there is anything between the news stand buyers and the subscribers.

Secondly, Why a Special issue worth Rs.200/- just for the subscribers? Why not the news stand guys also pay that extra Rs.50/- and buy it at Rs.200/- and get the benefits?

I am okay to pay Rs.200/- for the issue, can I get the issue from the Digit online store?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom