Preview + Feedback [April 2010]

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhinavkumar67

Right off the assembly line
Hi,
This is the first time that I have purchased Digit Magazine. I was quite impressed with the content on solar energy and renewable sources of energy. I am interested in solar energy for the last 1 year and since the theme for this month is based on renewable sources of energy, I got attracted to Digit.
In the section where it has been mentioned as how to assemble a solar charged emergency lamps, there are 3 products mentioned in the article. I am interested to purchase one of the product through Digit since its been sold in discount. But i was not able to find any of the links or contacts through which I can place order.
Can you please let me know the contact to purchase the product.
Regards
Abhinav

DigitCritic

Broken In
phuchungbhutia & Revolution

I would not have said which one among Digit or Chip is better magazine untill THIS month. I mean Chip doesn't make such discrimination among its readers... though they do offer perks to subscribers in order to value their subscription.
Now if we even take that aside and look at these magazines objectively then Digit,Chip have different stands though being similar magazines and targeting one particular customer segment.

In Digit the focus is on products/services and advertising them. In Chip the key focus is on knowledge and technology. No doubt that even Chip also concentrates on advertising the products/services to earn revenue but that is not their primary concern or objective.

So if you buy magazines to just get updates on products/services available in the market you may go for Digit but if you also want to read about technology and gain some knowledge too then CHIP is better option.

However if you are solely interested in PC related stuff then ofcourse there is PC World...

jayantr7

In the zone

I would not have said which one among Digit or Chip is better magazine untill THIS month. I mean Chip doesn't make such discrimination among its readers... though they do offer perks to subscribers in order to value their subscription.
Now if we even take that aside and look at these magazines objectively then Digit,Chip have different stands though being similar magazines and targeting one particular customer segment.

In Digit the focus is on products/services and advertising them. In Chip the key focus is on knowledge and technology. No doubt that even Chip also concentrates on advertising the products/services to earn revenue but that is not their primary concern or objective.

So if you buy magazines to just get updates on products/services available in the market you may go for Digit but if you also want to read about technology and gain some knowledge too then CHIP is better option.

However if you are solely interested in PC related stuff then ofcourse there is PC World...

me too thinking the same thing...digit is giving lesser information these months.....

suyash_123

Techno Freak

I am convinced totally with u....
If digit had given something like movies or Linux distos of even extra dvd full of software , games updates etc.... i would not have been minded..

But they Starting Seperating the most imp and critical part. That is There reading article,,

I will Say there are many guys like me.. that just buy Digit only for Magzine... I hardly see DVDs

I suggest that Digit must start 2 edition One Only magazine and Other with DVD....

How about this

Reading magazine for 100 bucks and With DVD 150 only...

I know i know that digit will say that mag only cost about 150rs and those DVD are free

If this answer is then ... I can't say a word.....

nashpd

Team Digit
Hello Abhinav,

You can email me at nash.david [at]9dot9.in for more details. There is an email address for the concerned person mentioned on top of the page.

Regards,

Nash

Hi,
This is the first time that I have purchased Digit Magazine. I was quite impressed with the content on solar energy and renewable sources of energy. I am interested in solar energy for the last 1 year and since the theme for this month is based on renewable sources of energy, I got attracted to Digit.
In the section where it has been mentioned as how to assemble a solar charged emergency lamps, there are 3 products mentioned in the article. I am interested to purchase one of the product through Digit since its been sold in discount. But i was not able to find any of the links or contacts through which I can place order.
Can you please let me know the contact to purchase the product.
Regards
Abhinav

Alanis

I took a mag only subscription for Rs 100 per issue, but that's because my brother who lives in the same city as me already gets the DVDs.

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

I only started reading the whole thread after i posted in reply to suyash.

puchungbhutia, my brother also loves hardware, and says he prefers to wait for digit's big tests, because they're better than chips. i think he also likes the way digit people write. As for popularity, someone earlier posted that Digit is among the top 25 english mags in india, so I checked to see if it was true or all lies. you can just bing for irs results, and see that this is true, and chip doesn't even feature on those lists, i presume because it's not in the same league. So your assumption that it outsells or is more popular than digit is seriously wrong. pc quest is there in the top 50 or 100, but that mag puts me to sleep.

Digitcritic, you seem like you're here to just say bad things. Critics talk about both positives and negatives. You come across as someone who works for CHip or some other magazine. i also resent that you try and speak for others like me, by claming that digit is for idiots and chip is for people who want to learn. my brother is in IT and is doing well, and more than half of his colleagues thank digit for getting them startd in this field, and helping them learn and like what they do. if you love chip so much, go try their forum, or try writing to them to get help when you have a pc problem you cant solve.

for the people complaining about the mini thing and the dvd, i can tell you tht it doesn't come with mag only subscriptions either, or i would have got it. I'm fine with it but. the way i look at it, digit is no different from any other company n the world who offers special perks for loyalty. everyone has a loyalty program, from the airlines and their special frequent flier lounges, discounts and perks ,to the general store below my house, who throws in a free thing or two, and allows me credit, because i've been buying from him for years.

whats funny is tha t even after admitting you buy only 2 or 3 issues a year, some of you claim to pay more than subscribers? i don't understand how you guys arre able to demand things with such ease.

its like saying "i don't like you, i might not have too much time for you, i will spend on you only occassionally, and even cheat on you with your rival, but you should treat me like a king and give me everything you have."

try treating your friends like that, or better still, your girlfriend, and see what you get in return.

oh, and before i forget, congrats digit guys, i honestly didn't know you were this big a mag until i bing-ed for the irs details. i think its the way you guys write articles and the digit diary and the facebook updates that connects to us like friends sending us updates, rather than stuffy writers. we forget sometimes that the mag is read by lakhs of people and has done a lot of good for our country and the youth.

suggestions:

think about us women sometimes also, and at least once in a while add articles for us. also a section in the dvd for women might actually get more of us to read digit.

more on green tech please, it was a good read

phuchungbhutia

Om Ma Ni Pä Me Hum
I m not saying that we shun digit , i hav been reading digit since my school days , i just hope that they pull up their socks n start getting serious . There is a competition in the form of chip n last three months digit seems to have slumped so much i m switchin to chip.
One more thing i like about chip is that they give dvd in paper cover, i found it easier to stack em up .
Well something is better than nothing

DigitCritic

Broken In
I took a mag only subscription for Rs 100 per issue, but that's because my brother who lives in the same city as me already gets the DVDs.

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 AM ----------

I only started reading the whole thread after i posted in reply to suyash.

puchungbhutia, my brother also loves hardware, and says he prefers to wait for digit's big tests, because they're better than chips. i think he also likes the way digit people write. As for popularity, someone earlier posted that Digit is among the top 25 english mags in india, so I checked to see if it was true or all lies. you can just bing for irs results, and see that this is true, and chip doesn't even feature on those lists, i presume because it's not in the same league. So your assumption that it outsells or is more popular than digit is seriously wrong. pc quest is there in the top 50 or 100, but that mag puts me to sleep.

Digitcritic, you seem like you're here to just say bad things. Critics talk about both positives and negatives. You come across as someone who works for CHip or some other magazine. i also resent that you try and speak for others like me, by claming that digit is for idiots and chip is for people who want to learn. my brother is in IT and is doing well, and more than half of his colleagues thank digit for getting them startd in this field, and helping them learn and like what they do. if you love chip so much, go try their forum, or try writing to them to get help when you have a pc problem you cant solve.

for the people complaining about the mini thing and the dvd, i can tell you tht it doesn't come with mag only subscriptions either, or i would have got it. I'm fine with it but. the way i look at it, digit is no different from any other company n the world who offers special perks for loyalty. everyone has a loyalty program, from the airlines and their special frequent flier lounges, discounts and perks ,to the general store below my house, who throws in a free thing or two, and allows me credit, because i've been buying from him for years.

whats funny is tha t even after admitting you buy only 2 or 3 issues a year, some of you claim to pay more than subscribers? i don't understand how you guys arre able to demand things with such ease.

its like saying "i don't like you, i might not have too much time for you, i will spend on you only occassionally, and even cheat on you with your rival, but you should treat me like a king and give me everything you have."

try treating your friends like that, or better still, your girlfriend, and see what you get in return.

oh, and before i forget, congrats digit guys, i honestly didn't know you were this big a mag until i bing-ed for the irs details. i think its the way you guys write articles and the digit diary and the facebook updates that connects to us like friends sending us updates, rather than stuffy writers. we forget sometimes that the mag is read by lakhs of people and has done a lot of good for our country and the youth.

suggestions:

think about us women sometimes also, and at least once in a while add articles for us. also a section in the dvd for women might actually get more of us to read digit.

more on green tech please, it was a good read

You will get a good reply. You targeted the wrong guy with wrong accusations

---------- Post added at 09:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:27 PM ----------

WHY DOES IT SEEMS YOU ARE HERE ONLY TO DEFEND DIGIT'S DIRTY WORK ?
SECONDLY I ALSO THINK YOU ARE TRYING TO USE FEMININE GENDER TO HAVE PSYCHOLOGICAL ADVANTAGE.LISTEN IF YOU THINK YOU CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF BEING WOMEN AND TAKE ME OR THOSE WHO ARE CRITICIZING DIGIT'S DISCRIMINATION, TRY AGAIN.
:x

my brother also loves hardware, and says he prefers to wait for digit's big tests, because they're better than chips. i think he also likes the way digit people write.

As far as the tests or reviews are concerned, I have never recommended anyone to make decisions based on their reviews or tests whether it comes to Digit or CHIP.It is only the information about products or services which you can take into consideration.

As for popularity, someone earlier posted that Digit is among the top 25 english mags in india, so I checked to see if it was true or all lies. you can just bing for irs results, and see that this is true, and chip doesn't even feature on those lists, i presume because it's not in the same league. So your assumption that it outsells or is more popular than digit is seriously wrong.

I have hardly seen anyone making claims or hue or cry as far best selling magazines are concerned.Moreover give the number bullshit to management guys as far best selling or least selling is concerned.One more thing, are you trying to project that best sellers are best products too ? I DO NOT AGREE. We have plenty of examples to prove that someone which simply gets sold more does not necessary mean it is of better quality. Selling is dependent on various factors like advertising,reach,availability,management of operations,operating profit etc etc etc.....

pc quest is there in the top 50 or 100, but that mag puts me to sleep.

THIS IS OBVIOUS, NOBODY WILL BE SURPRISED AFTER READING YOUR POST OR OPINION.

I dont give a damn about what you think about the reason for my stay.In fact I can also raise questions like you seem to be a profile made by digit team to counter the negative feeling which got generated due to their own actions.You come across someone who is hired by Digit in order to make nullify any image damage caused due to their own actions.As far as talking positives or negatives are concerned,I know where to speak what.

Your brother is in IT ?????????? Even a B.A pass student can be in IT too,so does that mean he becomes a tech guru and whatever he utters will become the defacto-standard for techies ????????? You should have precisely specified about his work profile and qualification before boasting.A magazine like digit or chip or pc world does not have what it takes to make you a techie... if it was then people would not be spending hundred thousands of rupees on courses,certifications etc.The closest magazine which is available in the market which can actually help you in building skills is LINUX FOR YOU and that is also too specific on linux platform.One more thing I have never written to Digit to solve my issues with PC.If at all I need some help then I will approach particular person who have solid credentials and obvious experience about the issue I am facing.

for the people complaining about the mini thing and the dvd, i can tell you tht it doesn't come with mag only subscriptions either, or i would have got it.I'm fine with it but. the way i look at it, digit is no different from any other company n the world who offers special perks for loyalty. everyone has a loyalty program, from the airlines and their special frequent flier lounges, discounts and perks ,to the general store below my house, who throws in a free thing or two, and allows me credit, because i've been buying from him for years.

You specifically opted out for not buying or getting dvds from digit. So your point is ????????
Ofcourse why should me or anyone will think you will understand what exactly the point is and where the problem lies.

I have been buying digit from news stands for about two years not a single copy missed EXCEPT THIS MONTH.Sometimes I buy it on 1st or 2nd day,sometimes I buy it in 2nd week and guess what I have even bought the magazine on 29th of a month too.So your accusation that I buy only 2 or 3 issues a year doesn't fit on me.

Girlfriends are such a waste of time,money and energy.It is only in your teenage or early years that you think they are important or you should have one.Once you got some experience then you only look for life partner whose is committed towards you and not just flirting around when things are going great.

oh, and before i forget, congrats digit guys, i honestly didn't know you were this big a mag until i bing-ed for the irs details. i think its the way you guys write articles and the digit diary and the facebook updates that connects to us like friends sending us updates, rather than stuffy writers.

Yeah, something which you said right in your post about digit.They do have come across very innovatively to connect with their readers which is making them actually stand apart from their peers.This many of us have appreciated from time to time on various occassations. Whether it is their community events or contests or other platforms etc.However when you connect with your readers do not expect to always hear praises.

we forget sometimes that the mag is read by lakhs of people and has done a lot of good for our country and the youth.

and by the way what good are you exactly referring to ?

Alanis

You will get a good reply. You targeted the wrong guy with wrong accusations

I didn't accuse you of anything, I merely pointed out that you come across as someone who hates Digit, by the way you post, which is strange, because if you hate it so much, why are you here? Those who hang around places and people they do not like are usually up to no good. And I've had better replies.

WHY DOES IT SEEMS YOU ARE HERE ONLY TO DEFEND DIGIT'S DIRTY WORK ?
SECONDLY I ALSO THINK YOU ARE TRYING TO USE FEMININE GENDER TO HAVE PSYCHOLOGICAL ADVANTAGE.LISTEN IF YOU THINK YOU CAN TAKE ADVANTAGE OF BEING WOMEN AND TAKE ME OR THOSE WHO ARE CRITICIZING DIGIT'S DISCRIMINATION, TRY AGAIN.

There's no need to shout! I can't help it if you're intimidated by women who think for themselves. I didn't wave my gender in your face, or insist you listen to me because of it, you brought it up.

As far as the tests or reviews are concerned, I have never recommended anyone to make decisions based on their reviews or tests whether it comes to Digit or CHIP.It is only the information about products or services which you can take into consideration.

So you can tell people to not trust reviews, but I can't tell people that my brother trusts them? Double standards?

I have hardly seen anyone making claims or hue or cry as far best selling magazines are concerned.Moreover give the number bullshit to management guys as far best selling or least selling is concerned.One more thing, are you trying to project that best sellers are best products too ? I DO NOT AGREE. We have plenty of examples to prove that someone which simply gets sold more does not necessary mean it is of better quality. Selling is dependent on various factors like advertising,reach,availability,management of operations,operating profit etc etc etc.....

There's no need for profanity. We can all abuse, but we learn how to control tempers and act mature.

Are you calling technology magazine readers in India idiots? Or perhaps the people on this forum?

When was the last time you saw a technology magazine advertise? Actually I have seen one, I saw Chip posters on streetlight poles in a few places in Mumbai, and one ad on TV once. Femina advertises. Stardust advertises. Tech magazines are too small, or too niche to advertise publicly. As a result, there's no actors pushing rubbish into people's minds.

Tech mags grow only if people buy them, find them useful and then recommend them to others. Unless you think all the thousands of people on this forum are idiots, or the lakhs that buy Digit are fools, I would refrain from continuing this particular argument of yours.

I dont give a damn about what you think about the reason for my stay.In fact I can also raise questions like you seem to be a profile made by digit team to counter the negative feeling which got generated due to their own actions.You come across someone who is hired by Digit in order to make nullify any image damage caused due to their own actions.As far as talking positives or negatives are concerned,I know where to speak what.

Your brother is in IT ?????????? Even a B.A pass student can be in IT too,so does that mean he becomes a tech guru and whatever he utters will become the defacto-standard for techies ????????? You should have precisely specified about his work profile and qualification before boasting.A magazine like digit or chip or pc world does not have what it takes to make you a techie... if it was then people would not be spending hundred thousands of rupees on courses,certifications etc.The closest magazine which is available in the market which can actually help you in building skills is LINUX FOR YOU and that is also too specific on linux platform.One more thing I have never written to Digit to solve my issues with PC.If at all I need some help then I will approach particular person who have solid credentials and obvious experience about the issue I am facing.

Fair enough, just as you come across as a Chip fan, maybe I come across as a Digit fan. You should know I have been a member on this forum for a long time, and even been banned from here before. I suppose some of the older members might remember me, I don't expect you to. Feel free to think as you like, but it doesn't change the points I make.

Like most of the users on this forum, I'm usually a silent reader. Although I've criticized digit in the past, and been here very rarely, it was their green initiative on facebook that brought me back. I think it's important to highlight the negatives of any product, but it's equally important to say positive things, or else we'll just come across as a bunch of cry babies that no one takes seriously.

As for my brother: If you know anything about corporates, you'll know that their employees, especially security analysts, cannot go around telling everyone where they work and what they do. I don't think sending you my brother's biodata would really make any difference. Did you post your qualifications before offering your opinions? We're all supposed to sit here and only listen to you instead of having an opinion of our own? I posted an opinion, ignore it if you want to, I still have a right to have one.

And what do you mean "even a BA pass student can be in IT"... are you now putting down all the millions of students who have studied BA? Have you been living under a rock? It's not acceptible to be as bigoted as you are. there are "BA pass" people all around you, and some of them are hackers, or working in high positions in tech firms. Some of them OWN the firms that you will one day try and get a job at. So go wave your "qualifications" in someone else's face, you're not impressing anyone here.

You specifically opted out for not buying or getting dvds from digit. So your point is ????????
Ofcourse why should me or anyone will think you will understand what exactly the point is and where the problem lies.

You missed my point completely. I was only trying to tell you what the Digit guys are too nice or too chicken to tell you.

EVERY company in the world will reward loyalty. If you commit to a product, you DESERVE special treatment. If the subscribers are getting something special from Digit, it's NOT unfair, because they deserve it. Go yell at the airport the next time you fly, and demand to be let into the frequent fliers lounge. Throw a tantrum there as well. Also try the railways, and demand to pay the same amount as people who buy monthly passes, instead of paying more for tickets on a daily basis. Next, walk over to a shop you've never been to before and demand that they let you run a tab. Why? Because you want equal treatment without commitment, don't you?

I have been buying digit from news stands for about two years not a single copy missed EXCEPT THIS MONTH.Sometimes I buy it on 1st or 2nd day,sometimes I buy it in 2nd week and guess what I have even bought the magazine on 29th of a month too.So your accusation that I buy only 2 or 3 issues a year doesn't fit on me.

How would anyone verify this? Can Digit verify this? If I told you that I buy 100 copies of Digit every month, can you "prove" me a liar? Subscribers send money in advance, and that cheque or draft they send to Digit is their proof of loyalty to Digit. why should they not be rewarded? From what I understood of the editor's post, they even paid more than you did.

Girlfriends are such a waste of time,money and energy.It is only in your teenage or early years that you think they are important or you should have one.Once you got some experience then you only look for life partner whose is committed towards you and not just flirting around when things are going great.

I think you missed the point. If you find the word "girlfriend" offensive, feel free to replace it with mother, father, friend, colleague, wife or sister. Perhaps then you will get the point I was making.

and by the way what good are you exactly referring to ?

I agree with you that there's not enough information in Digit to, say, get you a job, or make you an expert in a tech field. However, think back to your school days. I had a teacher in class 10, who did the unthinkable. He made me love Math. That was a subject I hated all along. How much calculus do I use in real life now? Nothing. However, it was the way he taught, rather than what he taught was more important. Digit is like that teacher, who made an alien subject seem simple, and even fun.

Maybe I'm a gullible idiot, but I don't think Digit's been writing their own reader letters for years. If those letters are true, then I would say that they are doing a good thing for indians, and just for dreaming green, they get my thumbs up.

DigitCritic

Broken In
I didn't accuse you of anything, I merely pointed out that you come across as someone who hates Digit, by the way you post, which is strange, because if you hate it so much, why are you here? Those who hang around places and people they do not like are usually up to no good. And I've had better replies.

You really had to ask this ??? Obviously if I hated Digit I would not be here, there are far more better ways to defame a magazine and actually do some damage.I obviously do not hate digit otherwise I would I spend hundreds of bucks on this magazine and crticize them only whenever they do something wrong but you would not understand as it seems you have been programmed to just praise digit irrespective of the reality.

It is true that those people who hang around places & people they do not like are usually up to no good.On the other hand I never understood how hanging of sycophants does any good ? In fact sycophants act as catalyst in bringing things down... On a serious note, I would rather appreciate an honest person criticize me on my face than tolerating a sycophant but again that is my preference and people have different preferences.

One more thing, as far as you getting better replies are concerned, I am sure those replies would just be filled with sycophancy or your praises or whatever that pleases you. :grin:

There's no need to shout! I can't help it if you're intimidated by women who think for themselves. I didn't wave my gender in your face, or insist you listen to me because of it, you brought it up.

I didnt brought this up, it was you who specifically wrote my nickname in your post, if you had not directly made a verbal attack on me I may not have even bothered to respond to you.

So you can tell people to not trust reviews, but I can't tell people that my brother trusts them? Double standards?

Read my posts again and again if it helps but I doubt that will because of obvious reasons.All I said was that I will not recommend anyone to go by digit's or chips reviews on products/services.I never said people not to believe their reviews on the contrary you can see I infact recommend people to actually read Digit magazine's in order to get more information about products. I think I have to make it more simpler for you to understand..... "read digit for information about products and magazines", do not make buying decisions due to digit/chip/any other magazine's review or solely based on them"
WHY ? OBVIOUS REASONS ... which you wont understand.

There's no need for profanity. We can all abuse, but we learn how to control tempers and act mature.

Are you calling technology magazine readers in India idiots? Or perhaps the people on this forum?

When was the last time you saw a technology magazine advertise? Actually I have seen one, I saw Chip posters on streetlight poles in a few places in Mumbai, and one ad on TV once. Femina advertises. Stardust advertises. Tech magazines are too small, or too niche to advertise publicly. As a result, there's no actors pushing rubbish into people's minds.

Tech mags grow only if people buy them, find them useful and then recommend them to others. Unless you think all the thousands of people on this forum are idiots, or the lakhs that buy Digit are fools, I would refrain from continuing this particular argument of yours.

A LAME EFFORT TO GET PEOPLE BEHIND YOUR BACK OR SUPPORT YOU.TRY ANOTHER TACTIC.

when,how,where or why would I even in my weirdest of imagination call tech magazine readers in India "idiots" ? Infact that would be me calling myself an idiot ? I am a tech magazine reader and an Indian.I subscribe 2 tech magazines and buy 2-3 tech magazines everymonth from newstands... now where would I be if I would do that ?

Yes, magazines grow when people buy them,it is true for all not just tech magazines.It is actually the need,resources,quality and options available which makes people buy anything forget just magazines... not mere recommendations.If I am looking for collected information about tech various products/services from various vendors to help me make informed decisions,then I will look for those magazines which fulfill this criteria. If I am looking for knowledge or information about latest trends.technologies or break throughs in technologies to keep me informed or updated then I would look for magazine which fulfill this criteria.

One more thing, do not tell me that contests,carnivals or other schemes or events do not have an element of advertising.We all know what are the underlying factors or reasons behind them and advertising or making your product/service or in this case magazine is concerned is also a very important factor here.

TO MAKE IT SIMPLE HERE I AM SAYING -- Advertising is an important factor NOT JUST THE ONLY FACTOR.

As far as YOU refraining me is concerned, I do not give a damn.

Fair enough, just as you come across as a Chip fan, maybe I come across as a Digit fan. You should know I have been a member on this forum for a long time, and even been banned from here before. I suppose some of the older members might remember me, I don't expect you to. Feel free to think as you like, but it doesn't change the points I make.

Like most of the users on this forum, I'm usually a silent reader. Although I've criticized digit in the past, and been here very rarely, it was their green initiative on facebook that brought me back. I think it's important to highlight the negatives of any product, but it's equally important to say positive things, or else we'll just come across as a bunch of cry babies that no one takes seriously.

As for my brother: If you know anything about corporates, you'll know that their employees, especially security analysts, cannot go around telling everyone where they work and what they do. I don't think sending you my brother's biodata would really make any difference. Did you post your qualifications before offering your opinions? We're all supposed to sit here and only listen to you instead of having an opinion of our own? I posted an opinion, ignore it if you want to, I still have a right to have one.

And what do you mean "even a BA pass student can be in IT"... are you now putting down all the millions of students who have studied BA? Have you been living under a rock? It's not acceptible to be as bigoted as you are. there are "BA pass" people all around you, and some of them are hackers, or working in high positions in tech firms. Some of them OWN the firms that you will one day try and get a job at. So go wave your "qualifications" in someone else's face, you're not impressing anyone here.

I come around as CHIP FAN ? I talk or compare digit with chip is because they are far more similar tech magazines among others.. as far as being a fan is concerned I do not believe in being a fan to be honest, however I strongly like Linux FOR YOU and PCQuest magazines for their knowledge and information contents. I know you feel sleepy when you read PCQuest... obvious it is focusing on HARDCORE TECH which makes buzz in enterpise world... it is not for those who seek entertainment. Infact in their magazines they advertise more those products/services which enterpises or companies use than those which an average household customer buys.Why should I know that you have been active/inactive profile/member on this forum for longtime ? What you getting banned or never been banned has anything to do with the points which I am making in this debate ? Ofcourse what I think about you doesn't change whatever points ( whether true or not is debatable ) you are raising as you being whatever kind of member on this forum doesn't change points raised by me.

As far as you criticizing digit is concerned, I haven't noticed any such post on this forum from you. ALL I HAVE COME ACROSS THAT YOU HAVE BEEN POSTING IN ORDER TO DEFEND OR BASH PEOPLE WHO CRITICIZE DIGIT's ACTIONS.As far as pointing out positives and negatives are concerned... I haven't seen you objectively doing that,you seem heavily biased in favour of digit.

ANOTHER LAME EFFORT -- Now that sentence you wrote about your brother made me laugh.Honestly for me it is hard to imagine a security analyst to have such opinion which you claim are your brothers.Now let me get a few things straight here.
* First, I have posted my opinion not my friends/cousins etc etc, you on the other hand have posted your brother's opinion about digit reviews too in order to DEFEND/PRAISE digit.If you believe in digit's reviews then why you need to bring a character ( your brother a security analyst which only you say,there are no proofs or reasons to believe you ) to make it more impactful.
*Second, I am not asking you his bio-data,just small answer to my question would be good if you are saying truth about your brother etc.Just post his opinion about the major factors in designing a corporates security policy which has a hybrid,diversified computing environment or what are they key things to look for when he analyzes or may analyze the security of such computing environment.
*No body has to sit here and listen to me or you or any other member,its your decision.However it is important that we listen and react to what Digit or its team says here.

Now comming back to "BA pass students" comment. ONCE AGAIN A LAME EFFORT TO GET PEOPLE BEHIND YOU OR TURN AGAINST ME.
First - tell me what BA pass/B.Com pass/MBBS/CA/B.E etc etc etc means ? Aren't these all degrees which signify skill sets.One of the basic principle in degree system is that a person holding a particular degree means he has attained a minimum desired level of skills in particular field.Different industries require people with different degrees or should I say skill set to work in them as their MAIN WORKFORCE ( the key here is MAIN WORKFORCE,cant make it more simple than this ).This does not mean that they do not require/hire people with different skill sets from their main workforce.The corporate structure and their requirements are more complex and varied.In today's world corporates want all kinds of people.HOWEVER this does not mean that all those people who work in a company of a particular kind of industry are experts in the field or nature of the work the company specializes in.To make it simple the point is --- ALL WHO WORK IN IT COMPANY ARE NOT IT EXPERTS OR TECH GURUS.
Second - I made that comment in response to your statement in which you tried to showcase your brother as an expert because he works in IT company.You did not provide any credentials about your brother in your statement which made your case pretty weak.
Third - As far as all those who have different degrees from the nature of their work in companies are concerned well, they make it up with other credentials.. like certifications whether international or in-house based on certain exams or tests etc etc. Why don't you actually ask to those who are working in corporates having degrees which do not match their work,example find someone who is a BA pass and is a hacker or security analyst by profession working for a company :D
FOURTH - are you some kind of astrologer or something because I want to know that "how the hell you know that ONE DAY I will try to get job in a firm run by a BA pass student".I am seriously looking forward to your reply to this question. :grin:

You missed my point completely. I was only trying to tell you what the Digit guys are too nice or too chicken to tell you.

EVERY company in the world will reward loyalty. If you commit to a product, you DESERVE special treatment. If the subscribers are getting something special from Digit, it's NOT unfair, because they deserve it. Go yell at the airport the next time you fly, and demand to be let into the frequent fliers lounge. Throw a tantrum there as well. Also try the railways, and demand to pay the same amount as people who buy monthly passes, instead of paying more for tickets on a daily basis. Next, walk over to a shop you've never been to before and demand that they let you run a tab. Why? Because you want equal treatment without commitment, don't you?

More than me it is you who missed the point, go read my posts again and ask someone intelligent to interpret them and explain them to you in very very very simple words.I am just tired of simplifying things here.

How would anyone verify this? Can Digit verify this? If I told you that I buy 100 copies of Digit every month, can you "prove" me a liar? Subscribers send money in advance, and that cheque or draft they send to Digit is their proof of loyalty to Digit. why should they not be rewarded? From what I understood of the editor's post, they even paid more than you did.

Fair enough,there is no reason for you to believe me on that,however if there is a possible way to prove it then I am on.Your idea of proving loyalty to a magazine is giving them money in advance irrespective of what they give you back ??? I do not agree or even understand the way you associated loyalty with paying money in advance in this case.It is simple for me, you subscribe to save money, get magazine delivered to your home.In return company gives you discount,some perks... and this not what I am against.

I agree with you that there's not enough information in Digit to, say, get you a job, or make you an expert in a tech field. However, think back to your school days. I had a teacher in class 10, who did the unthinkable. He made me love Math. That was a subject I hated all along. How much calculus do I use in real life now? Nothing. However, it was the way he taught, rather than what he taught was more important. Digit is like that teacher, who made an alien subject seem simple, and even fun.

Maybe I'm a gullible idiot, but I don't think Digit's been writing their own reader letters for years. If those letters are true, then I would say that they are doing a good thing for indians, and just for dreaming green, they get my thumbs up.

Now here if you are talking about my school days or early days in tech world then it was not digit but PCQUEST which I used to read and drool over tech stuff.I think PCQuest was the early entry in tech magazine segment that digit though I am not sure about that so I am not claiming anything over here.If you think Digit is like a teacher who made an alien subject seem simple and even fun,then it is your opinion and good for you.Many people also think that way and I am not at all against this point.I also have read some articles about some technology which I was not aware of and the article was simple,fun and easy to understand though such articles are VERY RARE now days.. but yes they do give you an easy overview to let you get some basic idea which is great for non-techs and sometimes also good for techies.

Now coming to the kind of letters they publish,all I see is letters of praises,requests and hardly of serious criticism.Infact why don't you take a look at other magazines, you will find letters from other readers which have harshly criticized them.Moreover their editorial team does even acknowledge and apologize if they find the criticism right and honest. I cant say I remember any such incident with digit.Now tell me is it even possible that all the readers of digit are always happy with all the issues ? No one has ever had a problem or criticized them on anything with right facts honestly ? I find that too good to be true.

Now as far as you getting better replies are concerned.So far I haven't come across any.However you will get better replies not because you deserve them but because you need them and sometimes people will be generous enough.One more thing, I am not shouting because I am annoyed or irritated or want to insult you but because you need it.

FilledVoid

Who stole my Alpaca!
At this point I'm not sure what this discussion is about. Whatever a tazo is, it better be good. This technically would be the Admins turf and Im pretty sure they are watching. So Ill refrain from gagging anyone. However please do stick to the topic and avoid fighting with each other.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom