Preview and Feedback [March 2012]

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
Regarding learning from magazine, I learnt everything from it. My university is teaching COBOL & Visual Basic to the students & they removed ULA (UNIX/Linux Administration) from the course. So I can say that Digit is better than the 60% of Universities in India. Only IIT/NIT or very reputed Universities/Colleges are ahead of the magazine.

Thank you for informing me about everything.

P.S. Raaabo sir, Fast Track to Arch Linux please.

Raaabo

The Dark Lord
Staff member
Admin
Let's get back on topic please :)

Has anyone else read the issue and want to give us feedback or suggestions?

@hellknight: Thanks for subscribing! Really appreciate it, because we look at that as the ultimate vote of confidence. We will try our best to keep you enthralled for years.

@Vyom: That was really nice of you to share that story. Thank you. You made Team Digit's day.

@pramudit: Sorry about the errors, we'll try and see that such things don't happen in the future. Probably happened because of many different writers contributing their favourite shortcuts. Still there's no excuse. :(

@hellknight: Why specifically Arch? It's usually popular with more advanced users, and FT is more for beginner to intermediate users. However, if more people want it, post here "+1 for Arch Linux" and we'll do it. :)

thatsashok

peace panda
-1 for Arch. It may be easy to use but not good for beginners due to lot of updates that can cause incompatibility with apps sometimes

hellknight

BSD init pwns System V
+4 I requested that first :p

On the other hand, thanks for giving out those Khan Academy videos on the discs. They're very helpful.

Krow

Crowman
Ooohhhhh... yes Arch Linux please. I want something on installation on top of a base Win 7 install (as is the case with most laptops).

Neo

Also I have not recevied my digit till now. I think the delay is due to holi. Man!!! I can't wait no more.

jayantr7

In the zone
@Raaabo
These are the links I found which aren't redirecting to any webpage, instead showing "Page Not Found" :-
# *bit.ly/digit_cpplus2012
# *bit.ly/digit_c300preview

RBX

In the zone
I had been subscribed to Digit since 2003, till Jan 2012. Decided not to renew subscription this time.

OP
r4gs

r4gs

In the zone
@Raaabo
These are the links I found which aren't redirecting to any webpage, instead showing "Page Not Found" :-
# *bit.ly/digit_cpplus2012
# *bit.ly/digit_c300preview

There are some issues with the videos related to the story and we're still working on it. Sorry for the delay.

Extreme Gamer

僕はガンダム!
Vendor
*i577.photobucket.com/albums/ss213/aayushthegamer/b37330a2.png
Certainly not the kind of pop-ups I want to see in TDF.

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
Got my issue today. booked it on 28th Feb and got it on 14th Feb and I live 3 kms away from digits office

I regret having bought it as I paid Rs.50/- extra for a 48 page Fast Track

Krow

Crowman
Got my issue today. booked it on 28th Feb and got it on 14th Feb and I live 3 kms away from digits office

I regret having bought it as I paid Rs.50/- extra for a 48 page Fast Track

Just asking, please don't take offence. I have never seen you post any praises about the magazine. If you do not like it, why do you buy it every time?

PS: I do not represent team Digit in any way. Just curious.

Top Bottom