Preview and Feedback [March 2012]

sarosh

Journeyman
Just a quick comment while I'm still here.
In the February issue there were users complaining about too many Advertisements. In the March issue there's an Alientware advertisement on the very cover page itself. Just commenting, I'm still going to remain a reader and a subscriber.

Neo

Hey ..guess what? I haven't received my digit till now:(. What should i do or where should i ask about it?

dead.night7

Journeyman
No Magazine = "Lots of Debugging Programming Exersises" + Learning Many different Languages + Learning LAMP, Learning Mug Painting + Learning TSHirt Painting, Learning Ubuntu + Learning Java + Virtualization + Web Hosting + Java Script + CSS + HTML.............
Just one more week to Go for an end to all my freaking Exams I'lll Do ITTT Without anyones Help I Sware..............................:evil: :-D

Well I DONT MIND DIGIT HELPING ME in my Vacations throughout the april and may... :p
Guys Please do any of the topics mentioned above. Not doing so may cause certain excuses and hiccups from my side as I know you..... Raabo you are Great person in writing, You've changed my views towards the magazine(Maybe thats the reason you are good at it Mr.R.S.S). Was preparing for my exams didn't had time for writing a lengthy post dud.. will certainly like any one page scribbled with the topics
Your Fasttracks to all are given in the previous editions which I have them in my Library.... Having a lot of time after 22nd Have to do many things... Cand understand where to start from + A Long Bear Hibernating Sleep Also

sarosh

Journeyman
I am visiting this form after almost more than couple of years I think, and I feel obligated to make some comments. I am one of the old timer subscribers of digit, I mostly read the magazine, sometimes the fast track, and I have hard used any of the DVDs in years. Sometimes I copy the wallpapers from the DVD to my desktop or phones.

So it goes without saying that what keeps readers like me going is the content, and only the content, and the passion and dedication with which the writers at digit write their content.

On the other hand, there seems to be a passionate webmaster/web marketer/or a smart MBA salesman who is trying to push the website Digit ? Thinkdigit Technology Guides | Technology News Reviews |Free Downloads | Video | Tech Support Forums Online in India down our throats. The salesman-like effort to get the readers of the magazine onto Digit ? Thinkdigit Technology Guides | Technology News Reviews |Free Downloads | Video | Tech Support Forums Online in India is blatantly obvious. And when I visited here after a long time, I saw flashy ads and was greeted with pops of HDFC and I think some other company, don't even remember which.

So what I want to say is, just as we notice and complement the passion and dedication with which the writers write their articles and give their absolute best, and we notice them and complement them and renew our subscriptions for them. Similarly, we also notice that there are money-hungry salesman trying to push the websites and banners and advertisements down our throat, and I would like to notice them to and let them also know that if they keep doing it, it will become irritating.

lol I typed www.think digit. com and it was replaced by two lines of links. I think you need to hire more ethical webmasters, not people who are hell bent and totally dedicated to using and abusing your website in any way they possibly can just to probably earn through advertising. You need to reconsider your marketing staff.

rajivnedungadi

In the zone
Just asking, please don't take offence. I have never seen you post any praises about the magazine. If you do not like it, why do you buy it every time?

PS: I do not represent team Digit in any way. Just curious.

I don't buy all issues, only selected issues. I come here and check the contents and decide to buy it or not.

Most of the time, I do not buy the issue I complain about.

Normally there are 100 pages in FT even if it is two FTs but this time they advertised 2 FTs and gave it but one has only 48 pages, so they disappointed again but charged Rs.50/- extra....

You have not gone through all my posts or have missed the ones where I have given a good or avarage rating to the magazine or the contents.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
Typo error on page no. 76 ( agent 001 ) - on the top right side corner it's written :

If you though the CPU was the ...

should be :

If you thought the CPU was the ...

Coming to the feedback :

Nice to read the Article on HANS, Immortal Being, Cosmic Logistics and Siri Alternatives ;-)

One Suggestion : Is it possible to include the urls of products reviews in mini Bazaar, section

thetechfreak

Legend Never Ends
sarosh said:
lol I typed www.think digit. com and it was
replaced by two lines of links. I think you
need to hire more ethical webmasters,

This forum runs Vbulletin. and Vbulletin is configured in such a way as a default that it retreives headers of the link

You can always disable it via advanced reply by unchecking- automatically parse links to texts.

Nothing related to webmaster :wink:

sarosh

Journeyman
This forum runs Vbulletin. and Vbulletin is configured in such a way as a default that it retreives headers of the link

You can always disable it via advanced reply by unchecking- automatically parse links to texts.

Nothing related to webmaster :wink:

Guess I over-reacted again, my bad.

sourabha4u

Team Digit
Hmmm... Rs 200 is not that expensive for what's on offer to be honest. Better Photography comes for Rs 100 minus any addons. G&G is Rs 50 but it has fewer pages a.d again, no addons.

@ Tech&Me: You should consider inflation too. Prices are rising. To provide quality content, you have to raise costs somewhere. I have read the magazine in the past and it is the market leader for a good reason. If you don't want to buy digit, go for G&G. You can get everything on the internet sure, but magazines are not for those who read so much anyway.

To safeguard yourself from price rise, you may subscribe or just prebook your copy at cheaper price.

Visit Thinkdigit.com India > Technology Guide News and Reviews | Technology News, Information and Updates on Gadgets Online.

Roshan9415

Broken In
Sir,have u added metaspoit video package,visual studio in april dvd which i have requested u in april demanding thread.If u have added then ok,otherwise i have download security tube methaspoilt from Nokia 5130 which take atleast 20days.

OP
r4gs

r4gs

In the zone
We'll be creating the April feedback thread. You wolill find the full DVD contents there. It should be ready by tomorrow. :D

Top Bottom