Post your Speedtest results

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
*www.speedtest.net/result/11954468899.png

USING DIRECT LAN LINE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:-x:evil::duh2:

Friend, @whitestar_999 ; Please never mind. I am not shouting anymore...just the facts.
YouTube videos are playing choppy??!!

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
Friend, @whitestar_999 ; Please never mind. I am not shouting anymore...just the facts.
YouTube videos are playing choppy??!!
Even 10mbps is enough to play 1080p HD youtube videos smoothly, if they are playing choppy then it is not due to connection speed(assuming you are seeing at least 10mbps connection speed or ~2MB/s in your bandwidth monitoring software/task manager network usage.

kg11sgbg

Even 10mbps is enough to play 1080p HD youtube videos smoothly, if they are playing choppy then it is not due to connection speed(assuming you are seeing at least 10mbps connection speed or ~2MB/s in your bandwidth monitoring software/task manager network usage.
Why shouldn't I get the NEARER(NOT ABSOLUTE OR DEFINITE) committed/promised speed as per the Plan, for which I had opted?

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
Why shouldn't I get the NEARER(NOT ABSOLUTE OR DEFINITE) committed/promised speed as per the Plan, for which I had opted?
we used to get in airtel rather slightly more than the plan but for the last few months, it appears their teams are gone mad, almost none of their systems is working properly, team members lie shamelessly and when confronted with facts, they run away without answering. in my case of bb, 24Mbps is the maximum guaranteed speed as per feasibility but now i am continuously getting less than that. previously it was always 25-27Mbps.

D

Deleted member 345628

I have a query , dont mind if im posting here , since this is a speed results thread .....

I am on 30Mbps plan right now , I get bad pings at times in CSGO . But sometimes I get around 30 .
Will upgrading my Internet Speed decrease my ping ? ( Not considering the aspect of traffic on my home network )

kg11sgbg

In my case, after shouting at their CC(Airtel XStream Fiber BB) and demanding a surrender of their network, a guy(Service Personnel) came to our House this evening.

He tweaked, tuned the Router (ZTE - ZXHN F670L) and assured me of replacing the router by a new one this coming Thursday.

Surprisingly, the 5GHz channel speed of the router in WIFI IS XCELLENT,REACHING ALMOST 200Mbps(both Download & Upload).

But the speed is less in LAN connection.
Such as of now:--->
*www.speedtest.net/result/11964568744.png

Friend, @whitestar_999 any comment on this?

My Plan of Rs.999/- + 18%GST per month "ENTERTAINMENT" Plan, has bandwidth till 200Mbps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

chimera201

Wise Old Owl
In my case, after shouting at their CC(Airtel XStream Fiber BB) and demanding a surrender of their network, a guy(Service Personnel) came to our House this evening.

He tweaked, tuned the Router (ZTE - ZXHN F670L) and assured me of replacing the router by a new one this coming Thursday.

Surprisingly, the 5GHz channel speed of the router in WIFI IS XCELLENT,REACHING ALMOST 200Mbps(both Download & Upload).

Such as of now:--->
*www.speedtest.net/result/11964568744.png

Friend, @whitestar_999 any comment on this?

My Plan of Rs.999/- + 18%GST per month "ENTERTAINMENT" Plan, has bandwidth till 200Mbps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Is your modem separate or is it modem+router device ? Maybe the cables are bad? Are they CAT 5e or higher?

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
You should but this speed is not guaranteed for all sites at all times over any network(wifi or lan) so if you can achieve this speed on any site at any time of the day using wifi or lan then it means connection is working fine as per T&C.

Either some issue with lan port/device not able to handle lan port traffic load or lan wire.

kg11sgbg

^Today the guy came, and got a good deal of scolding. There was a 3 way communication, amongst the service guy, the franchisee guy(through whom I got the connection) and the CC team. Without any ABUSIVE words I yelled and shouted, saying I WANT EVERYTHING OKAY NOW,AT THIS VERY MOMENT.
Assurance given to change the ZTE Router. I also told that the change MUST BE DONE BY A FULL PACKED SEAL PACKET. That will be done by today evening.

All of them were PLEADING and REQUESTING me not to SURRENDER/DUMP the Airtel XStream Broadband Internet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vidhubhushan

Alakh Niranjan
You should but this speed is not guaranteed for all sites at all times over any network(wifi or lan) so if you can achieve this speed on any site at any time of the day using wifi or lan then it means connection is working fine as per T&C.
true. i have seen i am getting plan speed but at the same time at times some site lags specially twitter.

kg11sgbg

I haven't ditched ALLIANCE yet. Today, I renewed the subscription.
And now the satisfied bandwidth in LAN connection:--->

*www.speedtest.net/result/11969058575.png

Here according to PLAN, max speed is 125Mbps.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have a query , dont mind if im posting here , since this is a speed results thread .....

I am on 30Mbps plan right now , I get bad pings at times in CSGO . But sometimes I get around 30 .
Will upgrading my Internet Speed decrease my ping ? ( Not considering the aspect of traffic on my home network )

Theoretically it should not make any difference in ping time.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.

Nope. Speed is basically the amount of data transferred per second from server. Ping is the time it takes to transfer from server to pc.

Actually ping tells the real speed in the way that it tells the time taken by x bit to reach. Whereas netspeed tells the amount of x bits that can reach per second.

A more easier to understand example would be that ping tells the time taken for a truck to reach its destination but net speed tells the amount of goods that truck has brought.

What we actually refer to netspeed is not at speed actually, it is just quantity of data . Ping is the real speed.

RumbaMon19

Feel Pain.
@kg11sgbg which cc no. Do you contact while complaining for fiber? It's been 3 days my net is not working because some bird bit off the line on top and now they always say they are coming in next 2-3 hrs but do not come. That airtel's cc doesn't know anything about it and the number from which the technical team calls me doesn't accept incoming calls.

Top Bottom