Post your Speedtest results

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Telecommunication is not equal to broadband.e.g.there are many small time cable ISPs in metro/tier 1 cities offering 50-100mbps unlimited no fup plans for less than 1000/month by reselling bandwidth bought from tier 1 ISPs.
Yes, We used to have such an ISP in our nearby locality but of shortage of funds it got shot in the ass and got confined to a Mandal only.

Sent from my Nokia 8.1 using Tapatalk

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
When communism fell it rose up to become a capalistic economy.

It's siberian gasoline was in the hands of the state until 90's and when it merged with private players

It gave itself a new lease of life and to its economy also.

whitestar_999

Super Moderator
Staff member
When communism fell it rose up to become a capalistic economy.

It's siberian gasoline was in the hands of the state until 90's and when it merged with private players

It gave itself a new lease of life and to its economy also.

Russian oligarch - Wikipedia

Russian example to be avoided for any long term benefits,even Chinese are better.

kg11sgbg

Indian Railways - The Vibrant and Moving INDIA
Never in India,will BSNL + MTNL merge with any private Telcos.
It's true that China is ahead much more than Russia economywise,than in military...

bssunilreddy

Chosen of the Omnissiah
Never in India,will BSNL + MTNL merge with any private Telcos.
It's true that China is ahead much more than Russia economywise,than in military...
It has to merge or else
All the money will go down the drain
Or
A good talented man should head the BSNL

abhijit_reddevil

Manchester United
Where do you stay in Kolkata? I mean at which area?
Now presently ALLIANCE Broadband had come a long way in improving their servers and bandwidth issues. THEIR CUSTOMER CARE IS IMPECCABLY THE BEST I HAD EXPERIENCED TILL NOW.
They have revamped up their infrastructure due to stiff competition and the (Breadth on their Neck-Bengali proverb) looming presence by Jio GigaFiber launch.

In fact I believe BSNL will also improve after they are restructured with few employees and modern machinery. But I think,that might take a couple of year or may be three.

You could switch to ALLIANCE, if you desire. You may also choose Meghbela Broadband or Hathway if their presence are on your area(THROUGH LOCAL CABLE HUB).

I am staying in North, Shyambazar area. Meghbala broadband is not available in my area. The local cable provides TV channels from North Satellite Link, I think their office is located somewhere in Northern Avenue. If you stay in Kolkata, you will know these places. BTW, I dont take service from local cable, use Tata Sky (only their fire TV stick for movies) and sports pack for sports. Other channels are junk except few news channels.

The alliance preferred+ and prime+ plans look to be way better provided there is no/minimal downtime.

kg11sgbg

I am staying in North, Shyambazar area. Meghbala broadband is not available in my area. The local cable provides TV channels from North Satellite Link, I think their office is located somewhere in Northern Avenue. If you stay in Kolkata, you will know these places. BTW, I dont take service from local cable, use Tata Sky (only their fire TV stick for movies) and sports pack for sports. Other channels are junk except few news channels.

The alliance preferred+ and prime+ plans look to be way better provided there is no/minimal downtime.
I stay in Baguiati area,nearer to Kolkata Airport(Netaji Subhas Bose International Airport).
In our Area, ALLIANCE BROADBAND, MEGHBELA BROADBAND,CITI CABLE BROADBAND,BSNL BROADBAND are available. JiO will take some more months to enter our neighbourhood and area.But they are coming for sure.
Go for Alliance if you have their presence on your area.
As for downtime,it is maximum 1 day,but mostly takes a few couple or quadruple hrs. to rectify local fault...
Your choice your wish your call,bro.

topgear

Super Moderator
Staff member

Check in the neighborhood .. there someone must be using internet from local cable operator ( be it alliance , meghbala or any other they all provide through local cable operator only ) .. just ask do a speedtest and you will know which connection they are using. Going by the @kg11sgbg experience I think alliance is a very good choice - the one I'm using ( siti ) is also good.

kg11sgbg

*www.speedtest.net/result/8974748131.png
It seems ALLIANCE is reducing the bandwidth to HALF only,when I am using it through wifi(Hotspot) aspect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Top Bottom